Fans stabed in Rome

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

silocybe

Jun 17, 2003
france
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/tees/4808246.stm

It was expected to kick off , so had did it come about ? My point of posting this is just to say that if it had happened in England there would be screaming from other countries. Italy at this moment are without a doubt the worst Hooligans , but come this years World cup , it will be a case of "If English supporters dont behave , then they risk their team being withdrawn from the competition" mark my words on this ! Remember the Leeds fan in Turkey ? It was all very much swept away and forgotten about. What gets me angry is that if the reverse of these situations happend , then there would be crys of "Ban them from the competition" etc...Anyone agree ? or am i talkin mostly shite ?

AB45

Dec 31, 2003
Essex
Agree with all ya sayin m8. There are huge double standards on the way that English supporters are policed compared to others on the continent. whenever anything happens toward the English fans it rarely causes uproar but when its vice versa the whole bloody world erupts. Fair play we were a tad naughty:D in the Eighties but that was 20 years ago. Now the Italian, Dutch, Turkish and German fans are out of control and to be honest the world cup is gonna be a huge kick off. No doubt we will get the blame.
When i went to watch England in Italy the police deliberatly sheparded us out of the stadium along a dual carraigeway toward the train and took us under the flyovers where Italian fans were throwing rocks etc etc down on us, they didnt do jackto stop em. Our old bill wouldnt do that, if anything they probably would join in the rock throwing at there own fans. Sad

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
It's well know that the Ultras and other gangs in Italian football have their own sections in the arenas that they're based at and nobody - not even even the police will enter these areas.

It's our own media that paints the picture of English trouble makers abroad and the rest of the worlds media just pick up on it. Other countries give their own hooligans a much lower status which is why you only usually only hear about most of the trouble abroad if you watch the foreign football shows like Football Italia.

I don't think anywhere on earth is as bad a South American football for trouble at matches though:|

Presuming Ed

That's horrific. Being a Boro fan myself. I've seen some trouble at matches over the years. Back in the '80s two rival firms would organise the fighting (not saying that's any better), but these days, attacks prior to Football matches are becoming all too random. Attacking a father who has taking his son to Rome to see the game, what is are things coming to???!!! I'm sure this will have a profound effect on the young lad, and could have serious consequences for the injured man. Like members have already said, England supporters are always branded as the worst for violence, but stories such as this put a whole different angle on the problem. Ed

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
I'd be reluctant to take a kid of mine to a football match anyway, because some fans are always spouting and gesturing hatred and it isn't something i'd want a kid of mine watching:|

Str33tb0y

Sep 14, 2005
silocybe said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/tees/4808246.stm

It was expected to kick off , so had did it come about ? My point of posting this is just to say that if it had happened in England there would be screaming from other countries. Italy at this moment are without a doubt the worst Hooligans , but come this years World cup , it will be a case of "If English supporters dont behave , then they risk their team being withdrawn from the competition" mark my words on this ! Remember the Leeds fan in Turkey ? It was all very much swept away and forgotten about. What gets me angry is that if the reverse of these situations happend , then there would be crys of "Ban them from the competition" etc...Anyone agree ? or am i talkin mostly shite ?

totally agree wiv ya mate....crowd trouble abroad is far worse than it is here now...the dutch are nutters at footy games try going to an Ajax v psv match !! scarey is 1 word u could use to describe it...crazy is another!

johns_ar

Feb 20, 2002
www.northeastclubchat.co.uk
mans performance from the boro....fucking legendary

all the little diegos in rome can come weilding their axes but they aint in the next round so fuck them and the pasta boat they sailed in on

av some of that woody my son....and easty :king:

Konspiracy

Sep 9, 2002
Was Manchestoh, Now Yorkshire
Well done to the Boro, watched a bit of this last night, considering theyve just broken the record for consecutive wins in Serie A, Roma looked ordinary:thumbsup:

Jiglo said:
It's well know that the Ultras and other gangs in Italian football have their own sections in the arenas that they're based at and nobody - not even even the police will enter these areas.

Aye thats right

I went to Rome last year and saw Lazio v Juventus, and we got tickets for the Curva Nord, the Ultras end.

Its like stepping back 20 years, the abuse they give the black players is shocking. Only the fellas get searched as you go in, so all the women take in the flares, the firecrackers etc. There are no stewards or police. Apparantly there were huge fights after the game, and the Juventus Team coach had its windows smashed as they were leaving the ground. Its a regular occurrence out there according to the lad who runs the Lazio club shop:S

The only way they will learn is if they get kicked out of Europe for 5 years like we did. Chances of that happening, nish, UEFA are a bunch of spineless beurocrats who pander to the mainland and cant wait to put the boot into the English

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Konspiracy said:
I went to Rome last year and saw Lazio v Juventus, and we got tickets for the Curva Nord, the Ultras end.

Its like stepping back 20 years, the abuse they give the black players is shocking. Only the fellas get searched as you go in, so all the women take in the flares, the firecrackers etc. There are no stewards or police. Apparantly there were huge fights after the game, and the Juventus Team coach had its windows smashed as they were leaving the ground. Its a regular occurrence out there according to the lad who runs the Lazio club shop:S

Were you not shitting it Neil......id have been crapping it all the way through for fear of opening my gob and letting my english accent slip out :eek: :eek:

Konspiracy

Sep 9, 2002
Was Manchestoh, Now Yorkshire
Northern Star said:
Were you not shitting it Neil......id have been crapping it all the way through for fear of opening my gob and letting my english accent slip out :eek: :eek:

Yep, have to admit I bobbed it a bit, particularly when some tool let off a firecracker right behind us, it was deafening, and it kicked off because it landed on the steps as a bunch of loons were walking up

Wasnt too bad though, they werent arsed about the English, we got talking to a couple of older fellas, Im afraid my pigeon Italian was a lot worse than his dodgy English:S