F.p.i

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

si kelsall

Aug 10, 2004
having a wkd night
www.myspace.com
Wkd nite:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thought FPI were amazing, lucky enough to chat to them and they were really nice people:thumbsup:
All Djs on nite were superb and by sounds of it pre,bar DJs were to, sorry I missed you guys, was on a mish up the M6 to pick up 3 italians,lol:D
Atmosphere when FPI were on was hands in the air materialphones: phones: phones: and the crowd were loving it, everbody had a smile on there face and overall one of the best nites for atmosphere, tunes and lurve that I,ve been to.
Big thanks and well done for putting the nite on Ian and Lisa:thumbsup:
PS Was good to see all the old crew and meet new ones:)

Many Thanks

First of all big thanks to all you osa crowd that came to Liverpool we both appreciate that people came from all over the country to this nite and boy what a nite it was without u lot creating the most spectacular atmosphere all the happy smiley faces on the dancefloor people dancing about and going mad for the tunes love to you all theres too many of the board to mention but thanks for the great support :love: :love: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Secondly i apologize that i didnt get to talk to many people firstly because ian left around 7pm to get to the dugout whilst i entertained (well told them where the fridge was) :p barrie jay lee mike w sj dannster - it wasnt till ian left the house that i had my first drink well 2 bottle of beer and a vodka we then did a cheeky _____________ each - got to the dugout buzzing really looking forward to seeing everyone when ian told me the FPI Project had broke down on the m6 somewhere and him and si had to go and find them (nightmare) couldnt go in the dugout as had to wait on ian phoning me back as there was no signal so i was then under a huge amount of stress as you can imagine - had to make sure everything was taken from dugout big thanks to pluto for sorting that out :thumbsup: sorry i didnt get to hear many of the tunes in the dugout but when i did nip in i could see everyone was already going for it :fekked: :fekked:

had to stand outside organise comp tickets and tickets well mesh did that bit cause my head was up my arse lol thanks mesh :love:

got barrie into the club had to sort the monitor out so music didnt start to 11.10pm so at that stage i was having heart failure seeing everyone coming into the club waiting for the music :|

barrie jay well what can i say i didnt know what to expect (i was a bit nervous) but jesus that guy can play tunes he was amazing absolutely flawless mixing and tunes that id never heard before my god fella ur a great dj so hats off to u and a top guy loved the craic with u in my house before during and after the event :love: :love:

next on was the fpi project which dannster introduced nice one mate ;) and tbh i think they played even better this time and their new song blended in excellently was up on the floor at this stage jumping up and down like every other nutter just seeng everyone with their camera phones taking pics :D and elvis with his video recorder taking good vids of the nite :thumbsup:
vertigo cracking set as usual loved hearing high society ;) just as i came up to the stage u stuck it on - u always know ur gonna deliver :love:
ste brilliant seeing u buzzing on the stage playing ur set and glad u were part of this amazing nite as well - its gonna be one of those nites that the people came will always remember being one of the best nites well imo :wave:
im so sorry i never got to speak to anyone properly but anyone that runs an event will know the stress that goes into it and trying to talk to everyone is so hard as i had to look after the fpi project as well - did go outside for a smoke and had a random chat with nics biscuit and friends lovely meeting yas apparently i got bongfiend and bod mixed up lol i was completely destroyed at this stage :fekked: :fekked: :fekked:

so once again apoligies for not getting to speak to everyone next one i will stay sober and let someone else take the stress on the nite ;)

lol the mash up afterwards was good laff random chats and talking crap

but once again folks love to u all that came and supported this nite u created the atmosphere as everyone was well up for the nite and seeing u all enjoying a nite of piano heaven was great :love: :love: :love:

id like to say a special thanks to people off here that use facebook for bigging up the nite and getting everyone involved :D

lee laaaa

Aug 10, 2007
Well its took me nearly a week to do this review and still buzzing of the night:thumbsup:
well the night started at 7 few bevvies in the house then got the dugout about 9:45 and superdan was on playing the choonage and top choonage it was m8:thumbsup:, then found Blackburns finest bodzillaaaaaaa and bernie gave em there tickets :D , met brock landers for the 1st time what a top lad you are m8:thumbsup: said hi to mesh,Peter kenny, leegas, the 2 shazzas and shazzas fella lee top lad he was, phil (bong), deano, nics and many more that i forgot sorry:$ but the place was buzzing and i could sence this was gunna be a special night, not to sure who was on after superdan but choons were tops then came pluto and you know what your gunna get from him top top choonage m8 :thumbsup:
Spoke with superdan and even bought a record of him that i have been saying i will get off him f months;)
Got over to the 02 and barrie jay was on playing stonking pianooooooo choonage that curld my fookn toes, never seen you play out b4 m8 but what a top set:thumbsup:
Then came what i was there for, to see the F.P.I. PROJECT and fook me they blew the roof of the place just hearing everyone including myself singing risky will live me forever and the atmosphere was well the hairs are still standing up on my arms as i type this, after all that i got a lost :fekked: then Ian came up and took me bk stage to meet the FPI :D cheers for that m8 :thumbsup:, then forgetting i gave my choons to get signed to pluto in the dugout i went on a mish to find him:hubba: could i find him could i fook:cry: i was like a man possesed asking everyone were he was, never did find him:cry:
Next up was Vertigo playing top choon after choon:thumbsup: then can remember much after that.
So i would like to say a massive thanks to Ian & Lisa for putting on one of the best nights out i have in yonks:thumbsup: cant wait for the next 1 ;)
and a massive thanks to everyone i met that night for making my night foookn top of the pops:cool: and look forward to seeing you all at the next night

nics

Oct 5, 2004
im like herpes....never quite fcuk hoff!!!
i can only repeat the words already said above.......fan fookin tastic night!!!

the dugout was packed rather quick and everybody got the party started nice and early with a little help from the cracking tunes played by all in the pre-bar.........not even room to swing a cat the place was that rammed lol

the place emptied in what felt like minutes and i thought shit is that the time already......11 bells came round so quick:eek: all flitered into the O2 to hear the tunes of barry j, cracking set barry hats off to ya, you kept the vibe going from the dugout and everybody was on the dancefloor straight away:thumbsup:

was great to see all the people that made the effort to get out for this night, saw loads that id not seen for ages and it was great:love: had a good few chats with everybody and was floating about on air all night in and out and by god wasnt it fooking roasting in there......one way to lose weight is get to ians nights and dance and sweat your tits off all night lol

fpi were amazing i watched them from the back of the stage and was just looking at everybody dancing around hands in the air and singing along......not a single arse on a seat while they were doing there PA!!! the look on ians face with a cheshire grin smile thinking "oh yes ive pulled another successfull night off yet again"

vertigos set was good and then stepped up dr huxtable......not hear ste play out for a few years and his set was wicked....kept them going right till the end but by then my legs had given up so apologies for not stomping till the death:$

much respect to all involved in putting this night on and ian it was well woth the batman and robin styleee flirt up and down the M6........not many promoters would go that extra mile:thumbsup:

big hello's to friends old and new and i was in 2 minds wether to go back to the mashup at casa del kenyons as i knew i would deffo be on the missing list for 2 days!!! massive thankyou to sarah for the lift home.....your a flippin star:love:

:D RITE , well after a hectic week gettin the babies christening sorted for sunday + feeling rather rough after a 2 day bender @ ours:S ive finally got me shit together to write a proper review from saturday,

WHAT A NITE phones: phones:

wasnt sure about puttin this on as july/aug/sept are the worst times of the year for puttin on old skool nites , older crowds with families, holiday time ect , and a swine flu epidemic:p but as im now looking after the FPI Projects uk bookings ,i already had them in the UK @ EH edinbourgh so thought fk it get em down to the pool n lets av it , ;)

and im so glad i did , as it was one of the BEST events ive ever put on :cool: , the crowd was spot on, everyone up for a party :thumbsup: , not too full and i love that room , its better for the dj sets sound wise as upstairs is more for bands ect ,

got to the dugout @ 7.30 ish to find the leads not long enough , needles been pinched:S so SI (who saved the whole nite) went n grabbed his from home ,so we was late gettin sound sorted in there , therefore decided to just let everyone in for free , superdan got things going :) and then kev :thumbsup: ,
didnt hear any of plutos set :cry: as i got the dreaded phone call off FPI , weve broken down on the M6 :eek:

So was completely stressed as the hire place wouldnt deal with me for a recovery as i wasnt in the car even though i paid for the hire :mad: , and then said he wouldnt speak to them cause he couldnt dial an international number :| :| :| ,so thought fk it , jumped in the car with SI :love: the retro-trax hero , and drove upto preston to guide our italian guests to the pool,

finally managed to get back to the pool get em booked into the hotel n get them on stage bang on time :D only heard few bits of the dj sets but what i did hear i was impressed , barrie was class :thumbsup: had it well warmed up n rockin for the PA , then danster , lol , with his introduction ,
CLASS !!! :p

THE FPI ripped the roof off phones: phones: was just outstanding , watched the footage , as i had it proffesionally filmed and its just amazing ,:)

next up VERTIGO he just always does was it says on the tin and played a blinder , everytime i came up the room was jumping , phones: :D

then ste huxley , what a dj :D , ive been pluggin this guys mixes for ages on facebook to all my mates and had em playing in the shop all day for the last 3 weeks , so knew i was in safe hands

and he was just outstanding on the nite :thumbsup: , sub sub/bless the funk phones: phones: was 1 moment i really loved ,

was thinning out a little by 2-3am as i think most people had gone for the burn too soon @ the pre bar so was a little worse for wear later on ,:p
may cut the prebar back to 9.30pm

was great to see everyone there supporting this nite :thumbsup: too many to mention but u always do me + yourselves proud:D :D these nights could not happen without you guys , all the heads up on here n facebook means alot so THANK YOU :love:

another special thanks to nics n mesh for twisting peoples arms and sorting tickets out for me :) ,

BIG thanks to my lisa for helping out :love: :love: :love: and putting up with me ,

hopefully be doing more of these , diff styles too, classic hardcore , classic prog , 80s , more italian ones , acid house , chicago house , and techno classics ,

got some nice djs+pas on board ,few returning , some 100% confirmed few others still in talks ,

Last edited:

Biskit

Jun 7, 2002
Chorley
www.chorley.fm
dont bother with reviews much nowadays, but thought id best leave one coz this night was excellent, i was still on a mad one after the event, its was fan-fookin-tastic, luv'd it :thumbsup:

top club, top room, top atmosphere, top peeps, top sound, happy smiling faces, loadsa peeps helpin each other out, never saw one prick, and laffed mi ass off much of the night with mr.lee n shine, twas like it used to be, U.N.I.T.Y :thumbsup:

big up ian n lisa for the night n helpin us out, ur a top couple, and big thumbs up to mesh :thumbsup: youze all made me n nic feel welcome :)

top to see loadsa new peeps, too many to mention n loadsa faces from yonks ago, who's a forget names, im shit with remembering lol, but top to see's you all out enjoying urselves :)

BARRIE JAYS SET ROCKED and was a perfect warm up to bring on the giants that be FPI PROJECT. all eyes were on them and hands in the air when they were doin their p.a. - damn euphoric :thumbsup:

best night ive had in a while - may they continue and stay true to the oldskool :D

fairy 1

Jul 3, 2008
manchester
a great nite

Wow what a nite that was,was unaware that a few osa members had been as ive only used this site a few times and there thoughts r mine.Not been liverpool for 10 years or so,generally hit manchester but got roped in to this night off some friends and so glad i did.Very warm atmosphere in there,not 1 bit of bother and the tunes were awsome,the older geezer was top,not sure of hes name but for some1 in hes 40s hes still got it and had my hairs on my arms stood up constantly.Ya could tell hed djd b4 as he had every1 rockin not to forget the other djs aswell,they carried it on from were it left off.Not really much of a fan of oldskool n e more,but after that night i decided to get back indulged with the vibe and so here i am on osa.Thought the ale was expensive but the night sure as hell made up for.I gotta say thanks to the really honest lady who informed me that id drooped a £20 when payin for booze,was totally unaware i had dropped it,so bought her and a fella a drink which nearlly used it up,lol,would do it again as that is pure class,only oldskool can make a difference.Also id like to thank the promoters of the night,wkd ,felt like i was back in the dayz ,couldnt believe the friendliness of the place,cosiderring scousers av this tuff rep,well thats gone right out of the window coz they were class.respect
p.s ive got me decks out again,been 10 yrs,lol thanks liverpool:) :thumbsup:

bren

Oct 10, 2007
well what a night where to start me and the two amgios leegas n morphs got to the dug out about half 7 where i met up with a few peeps who i know w and few who ive not seen for a long time then heard dan n tash n pluto on the decks and then it was to the academy and the fpi were boss i really enjoyed seeing them and for the djs who played it was a boss night so a big shout to ian n lisa and all them involved and a big shot to my side kiss lee n shaz and all my good mates well here to the next one

ps ian defo book spooky that will put the icein on the cake for me :D

just grabbed this of ste,phones:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=84779322502

A classic remaster of ste huxleys set at the epic night at Retro Trax O2 Academy Liverpool with the FPI Project live on stage 15 Aug 2009. Absolutely packed full of 90/91 piano anthems and a few funky techno stompers thrown in for good measure!! Its a monster mix of about 1hour 40mins. Enjoy it!!

Marshall Jefferson - House music anthem - 89 Meltdown by Steve Anderson
Unity - Unity - USA mix
Love Inc - Love is the message - Love love love remix
Expo Bass Samples - I need somebody
Lee Marrow - Da da da - Instrumental mix
Laura Palmer - In the mix - Diane club mix
Rhythm Device - Live - Acid Rock
Thirst - The enemy within
N-Joi - Anthem
Frank de Wulf - B-Sides Remixed - The Tape
Rhythm Foundation - Wait til you father gets home
Sub Sub - Space Face - Bless the funk remix
Cee Jay - Get busy time
Cartoon Cuts - Cult of bleep
Solo - Come on
Sound Source - Take me up - Illegal remix
Starlight - Numero Uno - Remix
4X Sky Juice - Just move some
Helicopter - On ya way
With it Guys - Feel alright
Jimi Polo - Better Days & Tears
Raul Orellana - The real wild house
DBM - Real Dream
Mental Cube - Q
Sweet Mercy - Take me away
ASHA - JJ Tribute - ? Version
Mark Summers - Your is love mixed
Moon Ra - Last Rhythm - Instrumental mix
Ce Ce Rogers - Never give up - Acappella
SLD - Gettin out - Original mix

Please download it from the mixes page on his site, listed on the front page of his group:thumbsup:

steveod

VIP Silver Member
Jul 21, 2007
Skem
What a night......ill start by saying a big thank you to Ian and all his friends for the effort they made to make this a special night.:thumbsup: Didnt think me and the missus were going to make it due to the early arrival of our grandson:dummy: earlier in the afternoon.So glad we did because it was the best night out weve had in years.Everything was spot on from the pre bar to the club and especialy the party people who attended.We eventualy made it to the dugout about 10.45 .Wish we had got there earlier because it was bouncing.Pre bars that ive been to before are usualy people standing or sitting around having a drink and a chat.Had a couple of drinks then moved on to the 02.Barrie Jay was playing when we got in and it was piano madness never heard him play before but he was excellent, just wish i had a chance to have a dance to some of the tunes he was playing but by the time I had been the bar and bumped into some old friends and had a chat it was F.P.I. time. I was gutted to miss them last year so was made up to get another chance to see them.And they were frickin brilliant ,the room went off everyone smilin singing hands in the air.Afterwards came probably my favourite DJ, Vertigo who was excellent as always.Then came Ste Huxley who finished off the night with some fine tuneage(especialy Raul Orleanna)phones: to keep me on the dancefloor till the end. By 4 am my brain was saying lets carry on but my body was telling me to go home i was fekked.:fekked: Thanks to Elvis and priscilla for keeping the wife company near the end of the night and another big thank you to Ian, cant wait for the next event if its even half as good as this night it will be a belter.:thumbsup:

beaker

Jun 24, 2005
Dr Huxtables
Aww what a bloody good night we all had with FPI:love:

Set off at teatime as we had a room booked ect.. so picked up Bernie & Bod and set off down to Liverpool.. Crashed the car lol but all was well other than they drove off an we forgot to make a note of where we were ect.. :condom:

Anyway we lands at our hotel & bumps into pepe le pew on the car park lol which was a random moment as he just popped out from behind a car:eek: .. we threw our tackle in and headed across the road to the dug out . . was pretty pissed by this time lol but was surrounded by class tunes and friendly faces so all was well..
seemed like 2 mins later (tho it was probably hours) the dug out emptied and we mooched next door to find Barry J had set the bar for what was to be the best night out I had had in years.. Everyone was smiling and proper going for it on the dance floor and it was brilliant to see everyone just buzzing off the tunes.
FPI -----shit the bed...... :eek: I was absolutely gob smacked when they came on an started singing ! Never seen them before and i was totally shell shocked at how good they were. Honest the roof nearly came off. :jumpin: :jumpin: Yey! (we were lucky enough, thanks to Lisa to get to nip downstairs and meet FPI:D and although they didn't speak any english and i was waffling about how the dude in the glasses looks like someone i used to work with :$ ) they were really genuine and the tall dude was chuffed when ste pulled out his tune to be signed " ahhhhh original pressing" :cool: Thanks to Mesh for taking some pictures of us all an telling me the ' asda cheesy balls' tale as it made me giggle.
Anyway
Vertigo was up next and kept everyone on there toes .. the atmosphere was electric all night..
Then last but by no means least Ste stepped up ... Best set iv ever heard from you (even better than the goodtimes one when we first met)phones: I didn't even know you had half those tunes lol .. Glad I managed to dance through my whiplash lol :car:
Met some lovely new ppl who i'll try to name .. Elvis and pricilla, Marriane, Brock/john (cheers for staying on:thumbsup: ) Featherlash (loved your dress lol) and Mr featherlash (manc) i hope lol.. Shazza and lee (sorry for going on an mixing ya up Shazza - I totally hold STE responsible for the duff info lol) ..The dude in the check shirt who wanted to not only throw his hat at Ste but twirl it round in a gay fashion and salute him (lol his words) and the dude who came over chatting about my love for pigeons :D hahahaa was chuffed! :D
A massive shout out to all our friends who came and made the night a roaring success ... ( I missed TC tho as shes always around with a smile on her face)
Massive Thanks to Lisa and Ian for their hospitality and pulling off the best night since the good old days :love:
Roll on the next un ........ WOO:drum:

stee

Mar 10, 2004
soundcloud.com
Absolutely quality night.

Got to the pre-bar and enjoyed the tunes there (got in just before Plutes went on). Top tunes mate. Top little venue that even though I smoked shitloads more cigs than I actually wanted just for an excuse to jib outside to escape the heat in there...(note to self: not a good idea wearing a hoodie in a hot venue...)

Met loads of people I've not seen in ages in there.

Then went in to the Academy and was liking Barrie Jay's set.
FPI Project fair ripped the roof off the gaff. Didn't see them last time they were over but they were mint. Everyone singing along with the tunes.
Was also nice to see the MC Lockjaw back on't scene introducing them. :D

Vertigo's set was a goodun, and I really enjoyed Ste Hux's set.

Top marks to all involved, and well done Ian on putting this night on. :thumbsup: :king:

elvisontour

Jan 9, 2004
IN A HOUSE
RETRO-TRAX returns 2 Live P.As DREAM FREQUENCY / TOGETHER + DJ VERTIGO

One of the best oldskoolnights in liverpool everyone there for a good time take a look at the pics.
Thanks Ian and everyone who makes the night what it is Fandabbydozzzie
krankies_2-743006.jpg

FPI BLEW THE ROOF OFF LAST TIME:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

DREAM FREQUENCY / TOGETHER + DJ VERTIGO Can only go one better \0/

Attachments

• FPI NIGHT 15 AUGUST 2009 1 001 (Small).jpg
    FPI NIGHT 15 AUGUST 2009 1 001 (Small).jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 211
  • FPI NIGHT 15 AUGUST 2009 1 002 (Small).jpg
    FPI NIGHT 15 AUGUST 2009 1 002 (Small).jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 219
  • FPI NIGHT 15 AUGUST 2009 1 004 (Small).jpg