events this summer ...

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Danny

Jul 22, 2002
London, UK
www.ketoloco.com
whats everyone likin the look of this summer then?

- mates have already booked for the renaissance wild in the country on may 1st for the return of sasha etc, but i'm not so sure ..... the line up looks a bit too proggy for my likin ..... sasha & digweed, seaman, zabiela, derrick carter etc ...

- homelands 2004, deffo attendin this one again .... havent seen faithless live yet :eek: but likin the look of these: grandmaster flash, felix da housecat, mr scruff, roni size live, jazzy jeff, marky, plump djs, james zabiela, mr c etc ... www.homelands.co.uk

- glastonbury looks pretty good ..... faithless, orbital live phones: , chemical brothers, groove armada, scratch perverts etc rod stewert :thumbsup: 112quid thou :eek: , mind it is 3 days :eyebrow:

- coloursfest, glasgow .... always fancied this one .... kevin saunderson, way out west, tom middleton, silicon soul, danny rampling, huggy :eek: .... all in memory of tom wilson ...... not bad for 30quid .... http://www.colours.co.uk/news_view.html?article_id=178

any more?

bet i'm dragged to the renaissance one, but deffo up for homelands ... shame colours is only a week or two after ..... :wave:

(good job the next student loan kicks in at the end of this month :eyebrow: )

Last edited:

Danny

Jul 22, 2002
London, UK
www.ketoloco.com
oooh and gotta sort a trip over to malia in crete for a few days this summer ..... preferably when sasha and zabiela are both @ homus, zabiela on that stage will make me cream :eek: ;) them or someone like derrick may or kevin saunderson (aye, that'll do the trick phones: ) .... then onto timeless on monday night :thumbsup:

Danny

Jul 22, 2002
London, UK
www.ketoloco.com
johns_ar said:
think im doing renaissance one

i dont believe you andy ;) hehe j/j .... aye there are a few good acts like audio bulleys live and derrick carter. sasha and digweed will be rammed thou .... i reckon zabiela will play a blinder, and then people will realise what a genious the lad is

Danny

Jul 22, 2002
London, UK
www.ketoloco.com
johns_ar said:
he was meant to have been a bit below par at shindig sat just gone, over-doing it on the effects but he played diamond life which is a big :thumbsup:

he was blindin at urban gorilla .... phones: phones: one of the best nights ive had in a while. excellent club, atmosphere, doorstaff, the lot. tunes were awesome from robertson n'all ... loved his pumpin set :thumbsup: zabiela played a load of tunes from his essential mix (mind, he only did it 3/4 weeks ago) but he was class ..... showed off at the end by scratching with every piece of eqipment and finger ie. both cd decks, both turntables, crossfader, switches etc ...... that 'bjork' emotions tune is the best tune ive heard in ages ..... took my head straight off, and everyone elses for that matter phones:

this tune: Introvert vs Bjork - 'Joga' (white) if you find the whereabouts of one of these for us andy, i WILL have to bum you :eek: ;)

Danny

Jul 22, 2002
London, UK
www.ketoloco.com
johns_ar said:
good work daniel son, been trying to find out the name of that for ages

edit: U got it mate?

nah, ive searched and searched for most tunes off that essential mix .... but most are unfindable due to being scarce whites he's been handed by the likes of hybrid etc ..... this set hasnt been off the car cd player for a month, every time i listen to it you can work out more stuff which hes doing, quality

heres the tracklistin:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/dance/essentialmix/the_essential_mix_archive.shtml?20040222 (i think :S )

johns_ar

Feb 20, 2002
www.northeastclubchat.co.uk
id heard it on the sasha essential mix from creamfields in the summer and been after it since then

the essential mix he did was alright, bored the arse off me to be honest - good tricks and that but the tunes are not my cuppa tea to be fair

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
mart said:
Always said I'd like to try this...

http://www.bigchill.net/story.html?id=732

But £100 for the weekend is a tad steep.

Mart
:rolleyes:

I went last year, fucking awesome it was :D

Lying on the grass of a massive field, sounds booming out over you, gorgeous sounds and I do mean gorgeous, perfect EQ, tweaked to perfection.

Only bad things were the toilets (you'll get that at most festivals though - people can't understand you have to flush away you're shit, ffs) and people tripping over the tent at stupid o clock, when you're trying to get some shuteye, still the highs well outweigh the lows.

I'm still waiting for final confirmation to wether I'm playing there this year, if I am, look out for the name 'Grey Matter' ;)

It's ace, in that you can talk to folks so easily, it's not like a club venue, where you are restricted, as they walk around amongst the punters, I had a great chat with Mixmaster Morris, and got involved in a Radio debate in the Media tent with John Peel, heh, he's a funny bugger :)

Well worth IMO, it's gone up by £5 this year, £105 as of 1st April, still a snip for 3 days of excellent excellent music.

:thumbsup:

loftyjon

Nov 30, 2003
London
hello, apologies first, I haven't been on here for ages. Danny - if you havent seen Faithless live then check this link out click on watch the video I reckon Faithless are going to rock. Also the Freestylers are going to be there too any good !!!!!

:D :D :D :D