***do you remember louise dean and shiva???***

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

BevE

Sep 24, 2021
Do any of you guys on here remember Shiva??? Or indeed Louise Dean???

It was quite a while ago and I'm not sure how many of you WILL remember, but I'd love to hear your thoughts on this....

Louise Dean was from Huddersfield and the lead singer of a house group called Shiva. They were massive up north during the mid 90's - albeit briefly....

They'd only managed to release two singles before Louise was tragically killed in a hit and run accident. She had so much more to give and had an unbelievable voice.

I'm only 26 now. But in 1995, when she died, I was 13. It really struck a chord with me. I'd loved Shiva's singles up until that point. As a teenager, I was really saddened by her death and quite upset. I was always said to myself that if I ever became a DJ, or promoter or whatever, that I'd always do SOMETHING to pay my respects to her and to Shiva.

I never thought that'd happen.

Fast forward 13 years and I helped a friend to christen the name of a new night of his in London - at the Canvas nightclub (what used to be called Bagley's). We called it Shiva.

We've had two parties before the one coming up in November - but up until now, I haven't mentioned Louise because I needed to find the right time to let people know. I never wanted this to be done in bad taste. Time does go by and people do forget - but I'm a firm believer in reminiscing and commemorating.

Because I'll be DJing at the one in November and playin' all of Shiva's tunes - I felt it appropriate to let everyone know about Louise now.

I'm a northerner (from Burnley), so I guess it was inevitable that I'd know about Shiva - as they were from nearby Huddersfield, but in London not many people WOULD know. And, I don't think they do down here in the big smoke.

So, for me, I wanted to pick the right time and to do any commemorating respectfully. I've posted this on here to reach out to any of the old-skool heads from back in the day, who remember her and Shiva.

[see link in meetups for more info on this event]

Kind regards,

Muzz Khan.
Hi

I knew Louise very well we was good mates in the 80’s

BevE

Sep 24, 2021
Yes I have a couple of shiva tracks - first heard big epic one off a John digweed mix tape from 1995 ( GU boxed if not mistaken with Ian Ossia @ De Ja Vu ) ‘we will work it’ was the lyric out I think - fos and morales remixes.

Bought both few months back as lot of tunes featured now pretty cheap, apart from Chrome - Fixation
Hi

I remember Louise very well
we were good mates in the mid 80’s
She was actually from Leeds not Huddersfield

Reactions: Albertryder

JonnyKray

Oct 3, 2021
Remember shiva well and was shocked hearing about the tragic loss of Louise at the time. In my mid 50s now but "work it out" still sounds great to me. Had a live mixtape cassette with that track on. Just wow!!!

Reactions: Albertryder

brady

VIP Silver Member
Oct 26, 2001
Scottish Borders
www.tracklistings.co.uk
s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600 (5).jpg