• Yes

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Noooo

Votes: 13 54.2%

• Total voters

Random

May 7, 2004
Hull - officially Britains worst city!
If this answer is "yes", can you please print the last 12 digits and......

Only joking, but i just wondered how many peeps of our age group do?

Personally i dont - ive had loads in the past, but i cant trust myself with them. Im currently half way thru paying back an 8k loan which is basically my past credit card debts. If you asked me what i have to show for the 8k i wouldnt have a clue - all blown on holidays, clothes, and beer in my early 20's.

My other half has a couple but shes very good with them, and keeps them under control and pays them off each month.

I always used to end up getting a new one just to pay off an old one lol :thumbsup:

AB45

Dec 31, 2003
Essex
Dont have one for exctly the same reasons as yourself mate:) Also like the fact that if i cant afford it cash i wont buy it. I get bombarded by banks offering me the bloody things but not interested.

p.s. Seems that Hull has a problem with buying things for loadsa money and later regreting it eh? (Parky lol lol lol lol lol £400,000 lol lol lol Us in plays offs lol lol lol ;) )

Random

May 7, 2004
Dont have one for exctly the same reasons as yourself mate:) Also like the fact that if i cant afford it cash i wont buy it. I get bombarded by banks offering me the bloody things but not interested.

p.s. Seems that Hull has a problem with buying things for loadsa money and later regreting it eh? (Parky lol lol lol lol lol £400,000 lol lol lol Us in plays offs lol lol lol ;) )

I dont feel quite so bad about being spanked at Layer Road now, cos everyone else is gettin spanked there too.

Our first home game Parkyless on sat and we win 4-1 :cool:

AB45

Dec 31, 2003
Essex
I dont feel quite so bad about being spanked at Layer Road now, cos everyone else is gettin spanked there too.

Our first home game Parkyless on sat and we win 4-1 :cool:
Told you it was the players not trying didnt i.;) :D
You lost a good man m8 due to them. (sorry for thread hijack lol)

Miss Cola

Feb 21, 2003
Chompin on biccie's.. *beep*;)
No i dont have one and never will coz biskit would kill me :| (lol just kiddin ;) ) i wouldnt trust myself with one especially near xmas. :eek:
Dont see the point in paying of one then blitzing it again?? :confused: Surley you'll be better off saving the money to buy things?? :confused: :D :thumbsup:

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
I dont have one, yet. Never have had one, dont really want one, the only thing Id use it for is ebay.

You see, Im OldSkool. I use cash, or cheque. Im from the mill towns of the North, so paying with copper buttons, ring pulls and marbles is still the norm, nevermind youre fancy chip n pin card rubbish. If I want something, I make sure I can afford it first, Ive never been in debt, and Im a good few thousand in the black. I didnt get a car until I saved up enough for a new one, I dont get a Plasma TV unless I feel like spoiling myself and Ive saved for it.

Besides, Im well out the loop with stuff like that, somebody asked the couple in front of me in Aldi whether they wanted "Cash Back", and they got £10 cash back - Me, Im stood there thinking "WHAT THE FU<K IS CASHBACK?".

Just how complicated does paying for something have to be? Buy a potnoodle, some bread, carton of orange juice and youre paying with a bloody credit card, chipping and pinning and being asked if you want cash back etc. For fucks sake, just get some change in your pocket or some notes, and pay the woman for goodness sake. :crazy:

Sometimes I swear Id have had a happier life in the 1930's - 1950's.

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
Lol. Yeah, aside from life being simpler, safer, prouder, and more united, there is that wonderful benefit too of the country not looking like a bag of mixed allsorts. :rofl:

Perhaps the two go hand in hand...;) .

Sirius

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
So whats the deal with this Cash Back thing? Can somebody explain how the couple at the checkout paid for about £10ers worth of food with a chip and pin credit card, but then got a 10er back out the till?. I assume it works like a cash point, where they charge 20 to the till, they owe 10 and they give 10 in cash out to the customer....

Sirius

So whats the deal with this Cash Back thing? Can somebody explain how the couple at the checkout paid for about £10ers worth of food with a chip and pin credit card, but then got a 10er back out the till?. I assume it works like a cash point, where they charge 20 to the till, they owe 10 and they give 10 in cash out to the customer....

Sirius

That's exactly what it is mate... they actually sign or chip n pin for 20 (10 groceries, 10 cash).

You lot up there still have these ?

ivory-bakelite-md.jpg

There's summat satisfying about dialing oldskool... especially the sound as the dial comes back... :love:

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
Yeah, we used to have a red one a bit like the Bat Phone. We now have wireless/cordless ones that the base/holder plugs into the wall.......which is fine until youre in a power cut for 7 hours and you realise you cant phone out on the new equipment but your old phone would have been able to :rolleyes: .

;)

Sirius.

Voodooray

Nov 23, 2006
Preston

You commin up to our gaff on Satdy la...Sorry,but the winning streak is gonna come to and end matey...If you are giz a nudge and ill point you in the right direction of the decent pubs....

Up the Whites...

Voo

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
I had one for a long time but eventually got sick of spending money I didn't have on things I didn't need. Finished paying it off at the start of the summer and then cancelled it. Don't plan on getting another. :thumbsup:

Used to kid myself thinking it was great to have for "emergancies" but I figured it's better just to save a bit of cash and not spend it, in case of "emergancies"

Random

May 7, 2004
I heard a stand up comic on the radio the other day taking the mick out of those finance companies on the Tv.

Some woman on the advert says "We borrowed £25,000 from Norton Finance to pay off our existing debts - and had enough money left over to buy a new car!"

Enough money left over? It someone elses cash!!

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
BBC NEWS | Business | Britain's streets of debt: Whistleblower
informationliberation - Britain becomes 'never, never land' as personal debt runs out of control
The Monitor Blue Skies Britain’s dangerous debt addiction
Credit Action: Debt statistics

Total UK personal debt

Total UK personal debt has exceeded £1 ¼ trillion and at the end of October 2006 it stood at £1,268bn. The growth rate increased to 10.4% for the previous 12 months which equates to an increase of ~ £110bn.

Total secured lending on homes has exceeded £1 trillion (£1,000 billion) and at the end of October 2006 it stood at £1055.9bn. This has increased 11.3% in the last 12 months.

Total consumer credit lending to individuals in October 2006 was £212.2bn. This has increased 6.2% in the last 12 months.

Total lending in October 2006 grew by £10.9bn. Secured lending grew by £9.8bn in the month. Consumer credit lending grew by £1.1bn.

Average household debt in the UK is £8,592 (excluding mortgages) and £51,343 including mortgages.

Average owed by every UK adult is £26,971 (including mortgages). This grew by £225 last month.

Average interest paid by each household on their total debt is approximately £3,227 each year.

Average consumer borrowing via credit cards, motor and retail finance deals, overdrafts and unsecured personal loans has risen to £4,514 per average UK adult at the end of October 2006.

Britain's personal debt is increasing by £1 million every four minutes.

Just bang it on the card eh :| . Im so glad Im fortunate enough not to be in this trap.

The whole economy seems to be based on money we don t have, yet we can still afford to give millions of our pounds to Pakistani Schools, build Hungary's underground system and tarmac Latvian roads, fight wars allover the world as we watch the enemies walk in through our front door......:axe:

I wish I was into finance, its not something I know about at all......but it seems very odd to me.

li'l Sonz

Apr 27, 2005
Manchester
www.myspace.com
I have a cheque book and switch card (debit card siruis, just in case you didn't know lol, j/k)

I couldn't be arsed gettin a credit card for anything.... the ONLY reason I would consider it would be to build up my credit rating..... so if I needed to get a loan for say something to do with my house then I could get one with lower interest. The way to do tat though would be to buy somet like petrol with your credit card and as soon as you get home, pay it off.

:)

I'm pretty good with money tho so I don't really need to worry about that sh1t!

:D :thumbsup:

x