DJ'ing techniques / Contrasts

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Being able to concentrate on mixing when everything around you is melting.

I wouldn't say is a skill, but more of a miracle :D

Different mixing for different styles, plenty of teasing and messing with fx and filters (eh shooms) ;)

betty spaghetti

Nov 21, 2006
hey cheeky fecker :naughty: :moonie: :rolleyes:

I ironed one of paulys shirts once and did such a bad job of it he did it again, hes not asked me since :)

little tip for any females reading ;)

LOL hahaha...Like it :thumbsup: Bit of reverse psychology. Make him think your bad at doing somat, when really youre not. So he does it and you get to watch TV....WINNER :D

geeselad

May 25, 2007
Funny , I was thinking about this topic tuther dee, after listening to that Ron hardy mix you posted, shrooms, basically even today i think you can break most DJ' s into either the Hardy, ( loads of tricks, fast flow of tracks, speed and energy being of the essence) or knuckles style who believes you can spend a lifetime just sequencing, finding the order, telling a story through music, I know it sounds cliqued, but its true, sposse you can trace this back to Mancusso at the loft, incidently knuckles used to work there. you can apply this to yer classic UK DJ too, think pickering ( hardy) and Parks (knuckles) or even Sasha and nipper or someone like Verigo.

LOL hahaha...Like it :thumbsup: Bit of reverse psychology. Make him think your bad at doing somat, when really youre not. So he does it and you get to watch TV....WINNER :D

Lol Im waiting for the onslaught of grief that pauly is now going to post about me watching crap tv!! :rolleyes:

Betty - I am actually bad at ironing cos I hate doing it. I hardly ever iron and Pauly even does it for me sometimes :love:

betty spaghetti

Nov 21, 2006
Lol Im waiting for the onslaught of grief that pauly is now going to post about me watching crap tv!! :rolleyes:

Betty - I am actually bad at ironing cos I hate doing it. I hardly ever iron and Pauly even does it for me sometimes :love:

Im impressed sweet, got him well trained then, and thats even B4 you were married...:D good girl :thumbsup: