DJ Karma N Niki X Remix competition

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
We are please to announce a competition to remix one of the most infamous italian tunes of all time - DJ Karma and NikiX - Slip and Slide.

ItalianDance.co.uk are extremely proud that DJ Karma & Niki X have chosen our forum to exclusively run details of the competition.

The original versions are to be re-issued and will be followed by two brand new remixes aimed at the european market.

Here is your chance to remix the tune exactly how you would want it sound to for the UK market.

All the vocal samples can be down loaded here:

http://www.dirtyhousemusic.com/dirtymag/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=1

The prize:

The winners (we'll choose 3 remix's) will receive a signed copy of the new 2005 remix vinyl and another of the reprinting of the original master,
and will have the track included in a special edition slip and slide celebrative cd on 9records/back up music label.

Closing date for the competition will be the 1st september 2005

All mixes to be in MP3 format and emailed to backuprecs@aol.com

This is this a great opportunity and we wish all those that enter the best of luck.

dodgymix

I've just got the same email. :bigfekked

To do a decent remix of this ha ha.

You have to first take the vocal & rap off

And then take all the cheesy noises out. basically the remix which sounds LEAST like this terrible song should win.

NO OFFENSE BUT THAT IS THE WORST SONG I HAVE EVER LISTENED TO!!!!

WHIGFIELD "SATURDAY NIGHT", MR VAIN, ANYTHING BY 2UNLIMITED, AND COUTLESS 80'S TUNE BEING REMIXED AT THE MOMENT AREN'T AS BAD

Last edited:

Mike

Jun 21, 2002
grad said:
this could easily be the funniest thread of the year..i know there's plenty of people on here who could do some 'quality' ;) remixes of that top tune :thumbsup:

I have a few ideas already :eyebrow:

Konspiracy

Sep 9, 2002
Was Manchestoh, Now Yorkshire
Tune quality aside ;) It isnt everyday you get the chance to remix a record that means a lot to some folk..

Maybe its a chance to show DJ Karma & Nikki how it really should be done :D ;)

I'll not bother, it'll end up in the club styleeee - lol edit as Skippy has posted