DJ Essentials

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

RetroAndy

Apr 4, 2002
wakefield
Shooms said:
lmao - am I the only tight cnut that keeps all mailers & resends em out with my sales with an A4 blank sheet taped to the front for the new addy ? :$ :$ :$

No mate i do that too :$ and judging by the tunes i have got of peeps from here most of us do lol

Andy

Also Mark at 'Reflex' in Leeds is excellent at repairing Technics as well, he's pretty good at fixing any DJ gear come to think of it :)

CANO ... said:
hi peeps , just a note to say that if any of you need 1210,s servicing / fixing

or anything else go and see STUART at REFLEX RECORDS ON OLDHAM ST / MANCHESTER :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

he has just repaired my 1210,s and can highly recomend him , good prices as well :king: :king: :king: :king:

(p.s.) can one of the mods make this a sticky please so peeps can find it if needs be , thanks :)

[We sell cleaning cloths at Reflex in Leeds £4.99, and we sell some awesome record cleaner that also has a cleaning cloth included. The cleaner is top stuff and gets rid of all yer greasy finger marks. £8.99 (big bottle)

QUOTE=Jiglo]Could somebody please say where they get their record cleaning cloths from? :thumbsup:

Somebody on the forum once mentioned panty liners, but it could get me some funny looks if I leave them out ;) :)[/QUOTE]

King Rat

Registered Member
Nov 17, 2006
Wits End
[We sell cleaning cloths at Reflex in Leeds £4.99, and we sell some awesome record cleaner that also has a cleaning cloth included. The cleaner is top stuff and gets rid of all yer greasy finger marks. £8.99 (big bottle)

QUOTE=Jiglo]Could somebody please say where they get their record cleaning cloths from? :thumbsup:

Somebody on the forum once mentioned panty liners, but it could get me some funny looks if I leave them out ;) :)
[/QUOTE]

I have tried all stuff & think the best is the Milty permaclean kit available from Cleaning Products - hificables.co.uk

Also the Milty roller is realy good at removing all dust beforhand it is also weel worth buying in my opinion available from STONEAUDIO UK | hi-fi, home cinema, multi-room, design and installation

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Cheap place for headphones and carts here (and probably loads of other dj/studio gear) Welcome - U.K. International Cyberstore

I was looking for some sennheiser hd25 cans last weekend and they were about 96 quid on the site, compared with around 113 quid cheapest in the UK. Postage is less than 7 quid.

I bought a spare Concorde scratch cart at the same time in an aluminium boxed set with spare stylus and brush for 59 quid which is also probably cheaper than anywhere in the UK (unless anybody knows differently) and got free postage for spending more than 199 euros :thumbsup:

Delivery time isn't too bad from Germany either taking about 4 days:)

Almost everything comes with free 3 year warranty too

Davey

Apr 29, 2006
north west
stopped off at ikea t'other day on me way back from sunny manc, and whilst in there spotted one of these bad boys :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: (unit shown in attached image)

Bookcase
EXPEDIT
£69.00

my current units which also hold my decks as well as records are also from ikea ...... they cost me £30 a 4-cubed unit about 3/4 years back and i now have 4 storage units in total ..... 2 of these 4-cubed units hold a pair of decks + a mixer, and still have more space for more gear on top ...... unfortunately, they stopped doing em about a year ago the guy in the store me and the man like retro, but if your after something purely for storage of your records then this unit looks just the job :thumbsup: its down from £100 to £69 now too .... winner :D andy bought one, so he'll tell you how bo they are ..... :thumbsup: i'll deffo be purchasing 1 as soon as ive sorted all my living arrangements ..... :)

I can vouch for one of these. They are massive but it was just wat i needed to get vinyl offf the floor.

After seeing Danny's & Andy comments about this book case I decided to buy one from Ikea. it's just the job too. :thumbsup: Yeah it's huge but it deffo does the job & looks the part too..way better than having records everywhere lol :D

Attachments

• P8190085.JPG
    P8190085.JPG
    814.4 KB · Views: 155

fred_funk

May 9, 2003
Landaaaaaan town
I would have posted this years ago but there was never any useful links.
For record storage I use the following:

MUJI Online

2 of those are laid on the floor and I can comfortably fit my decks in flight cases and amp and mixer, as well as 2 monitor speakers.

I've got another 2 standing up, though probably need to buy some more. You can cram a few more tunes into the ones that are stood upright.

Laid flat each section fits a bit over 100 tunes.
Upright its about 130.

MANC

Apr 1, 2003
Manc
storage is well too expensive im just gonna build it myself i reckon or get a joiner to build me some wooden storage cubes or summat and probably save loads.

i know im a bit of a tight arse really lol

Mattylad

Jan 29, 2007
Barnsley
Quality thread this folks, gunna be usin this in the near future:thumbsup:

Can anyone tell me which clear sleeves to get to from 'Covers33' to put my tunes in please, i think i'm bein thick this mornin n can't figure it haha:confused:

MANC

Apr 1, 2003
Manc