lozatronic

Jul 27, 2007
Toronto
onion_imagearticle1043.jpg

adamw

Feb 13, 2007
Disco Outcast
"why are people once again interested in the famed 70's disco?"

Probably because it strikes a chord with today's WAG culture, I dunno... :confused:

I heard people used to queue for hours in the pouring rain for Studio 54 to be "hand-picked" by the owners and doormen or turned away: if your face didn't fit you weren't in. A top night out could turn into a disaster. :(

As far as I'm concerned disco music never went away - it just went underground... a scene that has, amd will, produce some great records.
I'm sure one of the greatest disco influenced producers of our time - Dave Lee aka Joey Negro would agree! :D

Disco-Disco.com - Where DISCO Acts and Music come alive!

lozatronic

Jul 27, 2007
Toronto
personally i've never stopped loving it (musically).. you know i'm wang-ified.. :D

couldn't give a toss about the other cultural bollox... however I have been known to sport the odd sparkly number! :rofls:

Michie

VIP Silver Member
Jul 5, 2007
Stoke
I heard people used to queue for hours in the pouring rain for Studio 54 to be "hand-picked" by the owners and doormen or turned away: if your face didn't fit you weren't in. A top night out could turn into a disaster. :(

Wasnt just studio 54.. happened over here around 1994-95 time lol. If you didnt wear a fluffy bra you werent gettin in!!!

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
I Love DISCO

Aye, both you and the Johnster have a rather unhealthy appetite for Disco it has to be said. Bizarre as it sounds i am only on here because Jonno is faffing with a disco remix he is working on, and its our fucking first wedding anniversary!

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
Jonno just said, btw, that he hopes disco is not the new black- he wants this bad boy all to himself!

Biskit

Jun 7, 2002
Chorley
www.chorley.fm
Aye, both you and the Johnster have a rather unhealthy appetite for Disco it has to be said. Bizarre as it sounds i am only on here because Jonno is faffing with a disco remix he is working on, and its our fucking first wedding anniversary!

he he nowt wrong wid da bit o disco. :)

tell mr forgetful to Pm me deets on that aretha franklin track ;)

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
It is D - desirable
It Is I - irresistable
It is S - super sexy
It is C - crap
OOOOOOooooooooOOOOOOO crap

Actually it's often inoffensive to my ears, but doesn't really rock my world:)

bucky

I think there's office party disco. Accessible disco. Then stuff you hear people like Rahaan, Sean P, Kon, Al Kent etc play today and to be honest if that doesn't tick the box and make you want to move then you must be dead.:D

Don't even get me started on the likes of Ron, Levan, Mancuso, Tee Scott etc:D who were doing it first time around.

Everyone should have some disco in their record collection.

Some decent stuff in this mix also with PIANOs as well:D

Live disco mix from Northern Disco at Urbis