Derren Brown Lottery prediction

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Barrie Jay

Jul 20, 2003
Fleetwood - twinned with Royston Vasey
This guy freaks me out.

I am quite confident that I can work out the secrets how most magicians/ illusunists tricks are performed but he has me baffled most of the time.

He could not predict the lottery numbers, it is impossible to do.

I suspect, as usual, he will offer an explanation that will appear so simple but with with a twist that will be even more baffling.

We shall see on Friday.

Did anybody enter the competition and get the answer correct?

Think it is now closed but the advertisement clips on Youtube and Channel4 are very interesting to watch and either full of clues or red herrings. Unsure which at this stage but it looks like another short but very interesting series is in store.

Barrie Jay

Jul 20, 2003
Fleetwood - twinned with Royston Vasey

seandelier

Dec 8, 2006
If you have seen his programs before then you know it is a con.

He did one where he said he could toss a coin on heads 10 times in a row on camera. (or tails cannot remember which)

All he did was stand all day tossing coins until he managed to get 10 in a row and then just showed them on the program.

His horse racing tips one was quite good but easily sussed it.

butty

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 15, 2001
Manchester
www.oldskoolanthems.com
the tv screen that it was playin on looked like it was a green screen (check the edge of the paper hes holding in front of it), he also looked knacked n wouldnt be surprised if it was recorded shed loads of times before, although doing all the combinations surely would have took him about 200 years or summet?

Elate

May 6, 2008
I saw it, and I think we should give it a go. No pissin about with the mid week lottery though, hit the euro millions :thumbsup:

Aug 10, 2005
Blackburn
I thought he was suggesting that he managed to swap the balls and rig the draw. . . ."which of course, he didn't"!

My thoughts too, had a long heated discussion about this in the curry house on saturday night... I couldn't believe how many people actually believed that its possible to predict the lottery by 'deep maths' :rofl:

Sheikh Yerbouti

Jan 4, 2008
Some**** Somewhere in Summertime
As has been the case with Derren Brown for ages now, the buildup & hype are out of all proportion to the trick itself.

I mean, people's writing guided by the hands of spirits?!?
Getting a room full of people to guess & then taking the average?!? Fucks sake...
And don't get me started on "deep maths"...
What next? Derren Brown discovers a mythical beast called the Lirpa Loof?!?

I say bring back Paul Daniels sticking a live TV camera in a crate then making it disappear... Or dressing up as a chinky & stopping a bullet... Or that bawldy bloke at the end, shooting an apple off some skinny tart's head with all them crossbows.

Now that's magic :D