Denvers 20th Dec 03!!

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
What an absolute stormer of a night :D You're all stars :D :D

Started off being unsure whether I was gonna come to all due to being on me arse with the flu..... but then realised that Sweet would kill me if I pulled out at the last moment again (ooerrr ;) ;) )...

Did my usual bunking the train from Portsmouth bit... came a bit unstuck at Oxford as my usual ploy of pretending to be French came a right cropper as the conductor-ess bird was French herself... lol :axe: :$ doh ! Un billet a Manchester s'il vous plait later I arrived in Altrincham & rescued by Grad & Sweet from the train station.... still feeling ruff so decided to power drink me way thru :) Also a big :thumbsup: to Grad for the max power pick me ups - proper top them were :) I'm gonna snort em next time :)

So great to see so many new faces & also to meet up with familiar ones :)

Clair & Pauly - you deffo have to come down & visit (lol - I might even put the vac round ;) & deffo bring yr fit mate :eyebrow:

Danny, ADJ, Vick & Biggster & the other well tall lad - you're all nutters :D :king: Buzzin

Shabbs - you're a right easter egg missy :)

Lee & Trace - can I get me Cilla hat yet ? ;)

Chris & Nic - nice to meet ya - cheers Chris for Emotion & also that bit of a cheeky fella ;) :thumbsup:

SJ & Noz - wicked stuff, SJ - you had me buzzin young Missy :D

Johnnykip - top lad :D (for a Red Manc lol :p) cheers for the liftage from Dansters - cant wait for the cross dressin pic lol ;)

Untoe - total respect fella :king: top top lad :D

Lord Paul of Tallness - every time I saw ya you had a smile a mile wide - top man :D :D

Jen Jen - lol - yr a sweetheart mate :love: Even though you think I ignore ya when you speak to me lol I blame me old age for me deafness :D

Joker & VA - total utter stars as eva :love:

Neil - you are a frickin legend mate :king: Had me buzzin off ya all night :D Even though it took me about 3 hours to realise who you were lol :axe: I blame me flu for me deafness - didnt chat much fella - deffo have to make up for it next time :D :D

Din-Dan-Danster man - total & utter star :king: Chip-a-chip barm host with the most & king of the mashup after events :D Had me lmao all morning back at yours :D "Can I get a Retro ?!" "I say Retro, you say Andy" Why has no one offered you a shed load of cash, drugs & women to MC at a night yet ???

Sweet & Grad - me bestest buds :hearts: total stars the pair of yas :D cheers for the stoppage - were reet good w/e :D

I'm waffling now lol The sets were ace by all DJ's (special ooooooh yeses to Grad for Teknobit, Pauly for dirty breaks & Rhythm Invention, Chris for Q Words, Danny & ADJ for Roberta Flack :love:, H'chey fella - Sub Sub, Holy Noise ooooooooh yes :D
Jonno - you gotta record what you were gonna play coz you banged out tune after tune - Sined, Love Base & you were pulled just as Digitalis was kickin in..... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Gutted....

Thats the only downer of the whole night for me - the frickin club people :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: for fucking with the sound, mithering the DJ's while they were in the mix and as for pulling Jonno's set :mad: :mad: :mad: thats just plain rude that !! bang out of order & no excuse....

Anyways - gripe over lol

Butty - top respect for organising this one - lets have one again real soon :D :king:

PS And a special mention to H'chey for C Concept - proper made my night fella :D :D :phones: :love:

GRIMMY

Aug 19, 2002
Manchester
get-me.to
I was feelin very ill all day saturday and thought I was going to be a no show.
Finally got out of bed at gone midnight and made me way to the club. Missed the first half of the night which I was well gutted about. Was looking forward to hearing the sets in the unanthem room to make a nice change from the usual so sorry guys.

Nice to meet new faces off the board that were Retroandy, Jules, Grad & Sweet & Tall Paul (I look like a hobbit stood next to him).lol. Sorry didn't get chance to talk much but will see ya's on boxing day so come and say hello.

And a shoutout to anyone I've missed. Also a massive shout out to the Vision crew!

And of course a big thanks to Butty for letting me play the last hour downstairs in the anthem room which was awesome and a real pleasure!:thumbsup: Hope I sent the 4am crew home with a smile on their faces:)

Thanks for the support to those peeps including Recca & the MC's who came to see me over at the booth for the positive comments during and after my set:thumbsup:

So, overall a brilliant night! Just a shame I missed half of it. Oh well, I'm sure I'll make up for it on boxing day and NYE.

Ave a good Xmas everyone;)

mad matty

Sep 23, 2003
Warrington
Re: Oooops Sorry Matty!!!

S-J said:
mad matty said:
what a top night!! - one of the best i have had in my 7 month old skool life so far so roll on some more!!

nice to meet new peeps such as shooms, shabba, S-J, claireB, vinylanimal, butty, tall paul, jonno (shame about the set mate!!) and the others whose names i can't remember and nice to meet peeps i seen before like woody - brilliant faces all night long!! lol, retroandy, joker, dannster etc etc!!

cheers for invite back dannster and sorry to leave eraly but was fucked and wanted to drive home before i got worse as i was in work early this morning!! but thanks again - hope i didn't seem rude as that was not intended!!

:$ Hya Matty Love!!! Ooops sorry!! Forgive me for missing you off my shout out List!! I knew there was somebody else that I met and it was you!!! and it were Top!!! Very nice to meet you!!

I'm soooooo Glad you have Finally found Old Skool!! Mate.. It will sooooothe Your Soul!!! :D

S-J xx

nice to meet you too - and everyone else!! see you all soon

Have a good crimbo and new year everyone!! and keep safe!!

well well well well.
absolute super calla fregerlistic expealidocious night.

Had a total blinder, and have fully recovered now too. :crazy:

Was lovin it in the club and was really great to meet every1 i'd never met b4.

Didn't get much of the downstairs experience but as for upstairs it was rocking. And HUGE :thumbsup: to jonno. Rotation-cheers bud. ;)
Bit blew away by ads and dannys 3 deck session, was :cool: as feck.
Good to finally meet and hear biskit live, enjoyed ya set loads bud.
Grad got me feet tappin v-nicely and set me up for rest of night.
Gutted i missed steh set though, was the only time i ventured downstairs and ended up missin ya set. :cry:

Big big big :thumbsup: to all the peeps i met, really can't remember all the names but am sure i had a natter with you all.

Even BIGGER :thumbsup: to dannster for the after party events, still chuckling to meself now with half of the goings on;
Butty-Box
MC Dannster.
Purple
Appetizers
and all the rest of the crazy things. lol

Cheers to sweets and grads for lettin us stay at yours, even if we didn't make it.
SHOOOOOOMIE, top geezar. Nice 1 to finally meet ya bud. Had a reet laugh and no probs with the new years piccies as long as i can have some video footage of the caterpilla dance. lol ;)
VA. Top geezar, cheers for lift for me motor bud. Looking forward to meeting ya again.
Butty- enjoyed the waffle chat in the corner bud. Nice 1. Blue-Purple-Blue-Purple.
Woody, ace as usual, did ya find the smokeage by any chance. :confused: :confused:
Cheers to Jen (joker) for just bein herself as usual. Top top top lass.
Sorry if i missed any1. Brain was fuzzy as hell, and still is no doubt.
Oh wait, nice to meet jennyfrombloc to. Top tippity top lass.

Cheers all again.

MERRY CRIMBO.

Joker Jen

VIP Gold Member
Oct 8, 2001
Secret Location in Gotham City
Jus landed back on planet earth!! Wot a top of top of top of topness nite!! Gud 2 see so many peeps out!! The boyz of here did themselves proud, only ventured downstairs 4 a bit but ended up with a traffic cone on me head, seemed like a gud idea at the time :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: Big ello 2 every1 that I've either met b4 or met 4 the 1st time!! :D :D :D :D There's still sum peeps that went that I didn't meet ahhh well next time eh :D :D :D

Konspiracy

Sep 9, 2002
Was Manchestoh, Now Yorkshire
Well my heads just about returned to its normal state and I'd like to say what a frikkin top top night Well done Butty for organising it

Top sets by all the DJs upstairs..Turned up a bit late and missed Grads set sorry fella but it was absolutely sound to meet yas and Sweet, what a luvly lady. Top to meet Rich VinylAnimal, Ste H, Lee Nowthen & Miss Saysay (even if it was on the way out ) Untoe (what a star comin all the way over from Ireland), Pauly P and Bunny, (what a set from yer fella, top tunes and top mixin, couldnt stop movin), Woody, Dannster and anyone Ive missed

Big respect to Shooms, quality to meet yer at last fella, the Catepillar is the one thing that I will always remember about the night, pure class.

Top to see Jonno again, gutted for yer set fella, was well gettin into it, and DJ Pierre, lets have it!!! Nice to Chris and Miss C again, apologies for not comin over n chattin a bit more. And to Tall Paul, Top Man Love is the Message as soon as I walked in the gaff, set the tone for the night..

Thats about all I can remember at the mo, im sure it'll come back to me, or maybe not judging by past experience. The night just seemed to fly by (all the best ones do ;) )

Neil

Miss C

May 18, 2003
New York
Metinks they should move timeless 2 denvers, its a really nice venue, n cant believe that was only a 1 off night, it was brilliant.

Soz if i seemed a bit on the miserable side, had been arguing wiv the bloke :( but massive thanx 2 S-J n noz 4 cheering me up :love: n it was great 2 c everyone else there. Was gutted wen we had 2 leave at 2.30, had just started gettin in2 it but the guy who was driving wanted 2 go so wot can ya do eh...

Downstairs was ace! Untoe-glad 2 c u made it!!! was nice 2 meet u

Faj n danny, absoloutley buzzed off jingle bells, fab idea!!!

Did any1 else see the bouncers beat the shit out of some guy??!!blood everywhere wasnt a pretty sight

See most of u boxing day then x x x

mad matty

Sep 23, 2003
Warrington
The Joker said:
Jus landed back on planet earth!! Wot a top of top of top of topness nite!! Gud 2 see so many peeps out!! The boyz of here did themselves proud, only ventured downstairs 4 a bit but ended up with a traffic cone on me head, seemed like a gud idea at the time :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: Big ello 2 every1 that I've either met b4 or met 4 the 1st time!! :D :D :D :D There's still sum peeps that went that I didn't meet ahhh well next time eh :D :D :D

i forgot about that cone think!! that ended up on my head aswell!! and i think people got pictures!! aaarrrggghhh!!! :$ :axe: :crazy: :$

Eddy Osborne

Sep 4, 2002
Miss C said:
Soz if i seemed a bit on the miserable side, had been arguing wiv the bloke
Was gutted wen we had 2 leave at 2.30, had just started gettin in2 it but the guy who was driving wanted 2 go so wot can ya do eh...

soz about that hun it was poo want it :$ and when we made up and may mate wanted to go what a downer :cry: i was talkin to s j and she was like 'stay' but we couldnt it was gutting!

top to all the people who i met nit leathered niw but have a merry xmas yall""!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!