Cold callers.....

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

grover

Jun 5, 2003
I seem to be getting loads and loads of callers lately ringing my house.... some I can't even understand what the fook they are saying?
Some know my name and some are compensation companies. One fella even sounded like phonejacker but he put the phone down after I started talking like him saying "Would he like to change his providings to a service providings" etc.
My number is not in the phonebook, the only ones I think I gave my number to is my bank and my car insurance!

Anyone else having these cnuts ringing them up? :mad:

I've started the tactic of saying "I'm sorry you must have the wrong number - There's no MR Agdabagwembie living here".

Any tips? :D

anthonyf218

Jul 31, 2005
Get yerself and your number registered on the Telephone Preference Service.

TPS Registration

basically if you get a call from some cnut offering shit you just tell him to do one and that you're gonna report his company to the TPS which gives them a £1000 fine or something for not checking if you're on the list before they call. :thumbsup:

"The Telephone Preference Service (TPS) is the central opt out register on which you can record your preference not to receive unsolicited sales and marketing telephone calls to your home or mobile telephone numbers. It is a legal requirement that all organisations (including charities, voluntary organisations and political parties) do not make such calls to numbers registered on the TPS unless they have your consent to do so.
"

Sheikh Yerbouti

Jan 4, 2008
Some**** Somewhere in Summertime
Aye get yersen on that list, Mick. I used get loads of that sort of shite but it's v.rare now. Still get the od one though mind. Normally them mad answerphones what can ring you up :axe: I suppose cos they're not real people they can't get fined or summat :axe:

Takes a while for the TPS thingy to work... so you'll be stuck with getting the calls still for a few weeks but they'll start to decrease after that :thumbsup:

grover

Jun 5, 2003
Done - Says it will take 28 days to kick into effect - Fingers crossed that should do the trick - Thanks Anthony & Sheik for the help :thumbsup:

anthonyf218

Jul 31, 2005
I've just signed up n all... been having loads of calls recently from ambulance-chasing compo Scousers who seem to know I was in an accident 2 years ago :S

I would laugh my cock off if that registration site is selling on the contact names & numbers. Actually I wouldn't.

its a proper cosha site, regulatary etc.. we have to make sure businesses who go through our network have the ability to check the TPS list (eg cold calling s/w).

But being honest you'll still prob gets calls further down the line, i think if you forget to tick that little box on a random application form which says 'do not send shit or call me', you'll jump back on their radar. At which point i think you just try and re-register or something. :thumbsup:

leaky

Apr 11, 2006
will it also stop those coonts who knock on your door to try get you to switch electric suppliers, when your busy having your tea :mad: or does that require a big dog.

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
will it also stop those coonts who knock on your door to try get you to switch electric suppliers, when your busy having your tea :mad: or does that require a big dog.

Yes it helps mate. Teco is very satisfied with his current supplier and still has a leg and some other bits left!;)

Attachments

• IMG_2676 small.JPG
    IMG_2676 small.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 105

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
I seem to be getting loads and loads of callers lately ringing my house.... some I can't even understand what the fook they are saying?

Sorry mate I won't call again and will lay off the drugs for a while :$

:LOL: :LOL:

I took a new job in July that was Personal Injury claims, it was meant to be megabucks and all that jazz ,but the reality was absolutely shite and I walked after 3 1/2 days :D

It was classed as 'warm calling' was it fuck, it was a dialer system with data that was so bad you'd speak to the same person 5 times and they'd be like "not you again, fuck off" :LOL:

I dunno how people do those cold calling jobs, it'd be proper frustrating having people tell ya to fuck off all day long... :|

Luckily I left on good terms with the old job and am back again, was a close escape though :)