Change

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

amymars

Apr 28, 2006
Standish
I've always been really afraid of change, but recently I think I have changed a lot myself. Lots and lots of new things are happening for me, and I've noticed my outlook changing considerably too. I think that it's pushing me into making some major life decisions that I wouldn't have been able to make before . eg. career and relationships etc. But its all still very frightening. I guess I feel like I am at a bit of a crossroads. I was just interested to know if anyone else has ever felt like this?? Any examples of huge changes you have made, or been forced to make? Ever felt like suddenly you might have changed as a person??

Merci x

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
I've always been really afraid of change, but recently I think I have changed a lot myself. Lots and lots of new things are happening for me, and I've noticed my outlook changing considerably too. I think that it's pushing me into making some major life decisions that I wouldn't have been able to make before . eg. career and relationships etc. But its all still very frightening. I guess I feel like I am at a bit of a crossroads. I was just interested to know if anyone else has ever felt like this?? Any examples of huge changes you have made, or been forced to make? Ever felt like suddenly you might have changed as a person??

Merci x

Felt like this when I stopped having Breakaways in my packed lunch and had caramels instead.

That probably did not help much?

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
I know exactly where you're coming from. I think it's just what happens as you get older. My outlook on life has changed loads over the last few years. It's funny as well, coz now I think I'm all grown up and stuff, but I know that in another few years time I'll look back and think "shit, I knew fuck all back in 2007" lol :)

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
lol well, whilst I appreciate this is a major change in diet...its not the kind of story I was after really ;)

I hate change too Amy, i am more fearfull of this than anything else- lol i honeslty thought at one point a few years ago i had some mild Autistic spectrum sylee disorder. I also quite like reading maps (big ones- and i love to read the alpha list of towns etc), and phone books are another one that my mum finds bizzare!.

Obviously change usually brings and end to something, which is what i suspect is the real problem (for me). I will do a proper answer tomoz, right now i have a spotty teapot and a stack of ironing with my name on it!

amymars

Apr 28, 2006
Standish
Obviously change usually brings and end to something, which is what i suspect is the real problem (for me). I will do a proper answer tomoz, right now i have a spotty teapot and a stack of ironing with my name on it!

I think thats my issue too really....... Enjoy the tea! lol :)

amymars

Apr 28, 2006
Standish
I know exactly where you're coming from. I think it's just what happens as you get older. My outlook on life has changed loads over the last few years. It's funny as well, coz now I think I'm all grown up and stuff, but I know that in another few years time I'll look back and think "shit, I knew fuck all back in 2007" lol :)

Think this is definatley part of it Tim. I don't feel like the same girl I did at the start of the summer.....lots has happened and I feel like I've grown up a bit! How naive!! lol

lozatronic

Jul 27, 2007
Toronto
i've lived in Canada since I was 21.. been here 11 years.. my family are all still in the uk and I really miss them. although I love Toronto, it's a great place to live.. i'm fed up with living in a big city and the north american capitalist ideals/lifestyle it forces upon you.. also, the corporate bullshit policy of only getting 15 days vacation per annum sucks, and means that I only ever spend any time off I get coming back to vist... I started to feel trapped/suffocated and have been thinking for some time about moving back to the uk. also I am single, and have been for 5 years now.. Canadian blokes just don't seem to do it for me.. :rofls: (think it's a sense of humour thing..) so I figure now's as good a time as any.. no family to uproot. I am eligible for dual-citizenship now, so I can always come back...

recently the company I work for got bought... I was offered a job with the new company, but didn't take it.. and my boss played a hand for me and i've ended up getting laid off complete with severance at December 31st which is just the right amount of time for me to pack up and leave, so everything just fell into place.

nearly everyone I speak to (including my dad) thinks i'm nuts to want to move back to England. but i'm torn. I have the best of both worlds, but i'm always leaving something behind... if you know what I mean..

so if you want to speak to someone about change.. i'm your woman.. everything about my life is about to change :crazy:

amymars

Apr 28, 2006
Standish
so if you want to speak to someone about change.. i'm i'm your woman.. everything about my life is about to change :crazy:

Thanks for replying! It sounds like you are the woman to talk to!

I can totally identify with feeling trapped and suffocated, and having lots of possible routes to take. I doubt what I'm going through is as important as what you are experiencing, but its probably just as hard!! Im going through literal periods of 'ooo just go for it' one morning or 'stick with what you know' in the afternoon.....do you know what I mean?? It just keeps going round and round in my head!

nazzer

Aug 10, 2007
On a serious note, (without going really heavy) lot's of your own personal experiences will change you as a person, and your outlook on life, it's all "character building" or so they say.. lol

Bad shit
I've seen guys i knew sent to prison for several yrs for wheelin dealin, other people get terminal illness's, blokes i knew died in car crashes, People come and go and when their number is up - IT'S UP!!

Good Shit
never going to prison, (knowing when to quit!!) buying own house for first time, watching my son being born (11lb 6oz btw!!) Seeing friends / family succeeding in their own life.

Basically, i'm trying to say is

after all the shit you go thru, and i know im only 33 and still wet behind the ears compared to other people,

you realise life's too short too f*ck it up, crack on and enjoy!!! :thumbsup:

Also should say - sometimes you have to be a bit selfish and do what is right for you!!

Last edited:

lozatronic

Jul 27, 2007
Toronto
Thanks for replying! It sounds like you are the woman to talk to!

I can totally identify with feeling trapped and suffocated, and having lots of possible routes to take. I doubt what I'm going through is as important as what you are experiencing, but its probably just as hard!! Im going through literal periods of 'ooo just go for it' one morning or 'stick with what you know' in the afternoon.....do you know what I mean?? It just keeps going round and round in my head!

how old are you if you don't mind me asking...

you never know until you try right..

there aren't a hell of a lot of things in this life that there is absolutely no going back on...

even though i've no idea what the particular issue is.. I say... just do it!

life's too short to wonder 'what if'

just ask yourself why you want to do it.. if it's a morally sound answer... your fine! :D

amymars

Apr 28, 2006
Standish
how old are you if you don't mind me asking...

you never know until you try right..

there aren't a hell of a lot of things in this life that there is absolutely no going back on...

even though i've no idea what the particular issue is.. I say... just do it!

life's too short to wonder 'what if'

just ask yourself why you want to do it.. if it's a morally sound answer... your fine! :D

Im 21....just got a lot of stuff going on at the moment. Feel like I want to be independant and 'look after number one', just go for the things that I want regardless of other people. My outlook has changed a great deal on relationships, money etc. I just feel like I could take a risk and 'go for it', or stay in a 'safe' routine which could turn out quite self destructive. I suppose there are no guarantees of either working out....possibly why Im so afraid.

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
All depends on whether or not your happy with your life at that moment as to whether you to embrace change for the better or for the worse...... change in the right direction is always a good one........ change for the worse isnt so great...so guess it all boils down to your balls and if your prepared to take the chances life throw at you ;)

My gran always said to me - jumping out of the frying pan into the fire - guess i never forgot that and ive been burned plenty with various aspects of my life but its never put me off having a go - if im given an opportuntiy to take one step ahead then ill take it....whats the worse that can happen.......you might have to take one step back....... it happens every day we just dont realise it cus we take so much for granted - thats why we learn and grow as people - ive changed so very much over the yrs but hopefully into a better person :thumbsup:

Change is good if you can embrace it! :)

lozatronic

Jul 27, 2007
Toronto
Im 21....just got a lot of stuff going on at the moment. Feel like I want to be independant and 'look after number one', just go for the things that I want regardless of other people. My outlook has changed a great deal on relationships, money etc. I just feel like I could take a risk and 'go for it', or stay in a 'safe' routine which could turn out quite self destructive. I suppose there are no guarantees of either working out....possibly why Im so afraid.

you learn through experience.. I say do it.. i've got no regrets and i've had huge change in my life.. moving here when I was your age.. granted there's always bumps in the road, but that's life..

what is it they say.. better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all.. I think this is a pretty good theory/philosophy by which to live your life..

adamw

Feb 13, 2007
Disco Outcast
...and better to regret something you have done than something you haven't...

Life is full of rich experiences - take something out of everything that touches your life be it good or bad and you'll benefit in some way from it in the future .... in other words - go for it :mexican:

Last edited:

li'l Sonz

Apr 27, 2005
Manchester
www.myspace.com

Whilst I believe being selfish all the way through your life is not the way to be, sometimes you have GOT to look after yourself and do things that you know are right for you. If people want to hold you back in any way, then they're being selfish.....

I went through quite a few changes a couple of years back, was in an abusive relationship and had been put down to the point where I wasn't really me any more. I decided to take a stand and end the whole thing which, after two and a half years, was a pretty scary thing. He was also one of those people who I stayed with out of a) pity and b) fear in a way coz he was unpredictable!

I just one day tole him cya later :wave: and walked away (literally) with a HUGE smile on my face!! :D

After that, I went through some pretty mad changes mentally and it's made me realise quite a few things about myself as well as people, friends etc....

I know I don't know everything but I felt over that Summer I found who I was again and just had a jolly ol' time on my own. (until Butty ruined it all :love:)

But the way things worked out has made me be not so much of a push-over and to let go of people who weren't there for me as true friends. Quite a scary thing having to come to terms with letting go of someone who you thought was a really good friend but now I've realised it's not worth having people who aren't honest and what not around me. Seperating the wheat from the chaff, so to speak.

I also had one of these "do what I want" moments when I left school. The choices were college and uni to do law (which my mum really wanted) or hairdressing. lol. I weighed up what I really wanted to do and I'm sure I made the right choice. On the odd occasion I get a small gutted feeling at missing out on things like Summer holidays and the whole "uni experience" but ultimately I've chosen the right path for myself. My mum was upset at first but was happy when she realised it's what I wanted to do and she know's I can't go through life pleasing everybody else!

What's the changes hun? I'm well curious now! lol

x

easty

Aug 3, 2006
newton heath
www.myspace.com
change seems to happen to me without me realising it. For years my priority was spending all my money on tunes and learning to dj, without me even realising it my life seems to revolve around my job and buying stuff for my house instead of getting off my trolley and going out.
Change is good anyway, if your scared of change then its simple, don't change

tricky nicky

Sep 18, 2006
in heaven of course!!
i relish change, i love each day to be different and full of things to accomplish!!
i too could have gone down the uni route but at the time i wanted cash to go out with so i got a job.
dont ever regret a decision you make bcos at the time you made it it felt right, we arent on this gorgio planet for that long and to go through life without a change or challenge, good or bad would be just a waste!!
make brave choices and enjoy the outcome!!!!!!!:thumbsup: