buffering...gggrrrr!!!!

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

glenn

Feb 3, 2003
blackpool
just done an hour on the radio,fairly pleased with it.pretty tight mixin,nice tunes [if i do say sow my self;) ]etc..
so i go to listen to the recording on simple cast.all goin well untill about 12 mins in......TITS UP!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: every 5 mins or sow after that is a sound a can only put down to buffering......slightly cheesed of to say the least:( :( :(

Sonic92

VIP Gold Member
Apr 14, 2005
The Vault
I was listenin to you before Glenn, nice mix but I could hear it bufferin a few times???? Its no consolation, but my internet is shit aswell mate!!!!! :(

Postie

VIP Silver Member
Jan 22, 2006
St Helens
Hi mate,it could be a few things,try streaming @ 96 kb instead of 128 kb,that works better,also if your wireless check ya router is strong enough,ya may be on 5 meg so that can cause bufferage,i had same problems on 5meg so upgraded to 10 meg for a extra 2 quid a month and recieved free router off virgin which is great for on line gaming,it now runs loads beter and download time is slashed,,also make sure your simplecast box is in view so ya can check diagnostics at a glance,if ya buffering it will say so a 2 hr mix wont be a waste of time if its baaad,hope some of this helps mate.:)

glenn

Feb 3, 2003
blackpool
Hi mate,it could be a few things,try streaming @ 96 kb instead of 128 kb,that works better,also if your wireless check ya router is strong enough,ya may be on 5 meg so that can cause bufferage,i had same problems on 5meg so upgraded to 10 meg for a extra 2 quid a month and recieved free router off virgin which is great for on line gaming,it now runs loads beter and download time is slashed,,also make sure your simplecast box is in view so ya can check diagnostics at a glance,if ya buffering it will say so a 2 hr mix wont be a waste of time if its baaad,hope some of this helps mate.:)

yeah cheerz postie...i think i know what the problem is.if i keep it on 1 page and dont flit around the net or click on anything it seems to be alright[taped summat last week on uss radio]but will try the 96 kb thing defo!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: