Bloody hell...

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
It wasn't because of the protected links because Matt's posts have also been removed.

you mean the ones within Gregs orig juicy post?

It would be a bit of work for the mods/admin to split Matts posts post from gregs , Hence it would be very obvious what they had done, so they just delete the lot....

I would like to think that is deffo not the case :thumbsup:

henryvilla

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2010
It would be good if the mods could clarify what has happened.

If they have been removed due to them being password protected, them that's a bit of a joke as I have used passwords protected links for years on here.

I can't believe that they would all be removed without a warning. People have used password protected links on here for years... Additionally, this board has been dead for a while, give or take a few posts here and there. This has been the busiest it's been in some time, so to remove people's posts makes ZERO sense. Not to mention the hours I/we have spent ripping, uploading, scanning, posting etc.... the time people have spent compiling track lists etc etc.

Is there a rule on OSA that states no passwords or key decryption links are allowed? If so, I have never heard of it, and it would be bonkers to start enforcing it now surely?

Can someone please let us know what's happened. Thanks.

henryvilla

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2010
All my Lost In Space ones have gone too FFS. Fucking waste of time. Looks like it's back to HOH then...

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com
you mean the ones within Gregs orig juicy post?

It would be a bit of work for the mods/admin to split Matts posts post from gregs , Hence it would be very obvious what they had done, so they just delete the lot....

I would like to think that is deffo not the case :thumbsup:

Taken back what I said a moment ago, I think its something to do with password protection they probably did not know matts were not protected.

I know for a fact am not going to just let people take my files with out a thanks and if that is the reason then I don't post my rips on here.

This forum was doing so well I don't understand why they would do that. :crazy:

Whats that old saying that's like cutting your noise of to spite your face. :p

I will just add them to my forum were I know their safe from leeches.

Am not just going to let people take my rips with out a thanks!!!

billyrave

Staff member
VIP Gold Member
Mar 28, 2012
Inside the Box
Guys - I may be guilty :$

I was clearing out some spam, and may have accidentally cleaned them out . . . :(

I'll get my coat . . . :|

I can only apologise for any problems and inconvenience if I've removed your work.
It wont happen again . . . assuming it was attributed to my kackhandedness of course . . . .

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com

I was clearing out some spam, and may have accidentally cleaned them out . . . :(

I can only apologise for any problems and inconvenience if I've removed your work.
It wont happen again . . . assuming it was attributed to my kackhandedness of course . . . .

Don't worry about it billy shit happens :thumbsup: Don't drink and drive I bet you were pissed. :D

billyrave

Staff member
VIP Gold Member
Mar 28, 2012
Inside the Box
haha no Greg - I was clearing out unmoderated threads in another forum, but "may" have clicked all accidentally . . . unfortunately i did a permanent delete instead of soft . . :(

lesson learnt . .

need to understand why the threads were classed as unmodded though in this forum . .

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander

Cheers for letting us Know whats happened Billy :thumbsup:

When you say hard delete does that mean there is no way that the posts can never be brought back to life ? obviously there was a lot of work gone into them, tracklists etc....

I can repost my posts etc, but I dont want to do that until I know that the others can not be brought back, hence we would have double posts :thumbsup:

billyrave

Staff member
VIP Gold Member
Mar 28, 2012
Inside the Box
Cheers for letting us Know whats happened Billy :thumbsup:

When you say hard delete does that mean there is no way that the posts can never be brought back to life ? obviously there was a lot of work gone into them, tracklists etc....

I can repost my posts etc, but I dont want to do that until I know that the others can not be brought back, hence we would have double posts :thumbsup:

Correct China. No way to recover the work unfortunately. :mad:
Once again - apologies - I understand all the hard work everyone puts into the posts. It was an unfortunate slip. I will be much more careful in the future. . .

There are over 30,000 unmoderated posts through years of neglect on the server. Trying to be clever I did a batch delete, but caught up your work, and the rest of the guys in that, causing the loss . . . :fekked:

repost - I promise to steer clear!!

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
Correct China. No way to recover the work unfortunately. :mad:
Once again - apologies - I understand all the hard work everyone puts into the posts. It was an unfortunate slip. I will be much more careful in the future. . .

There are over 30,000 unmoderated posts through years of neglect on the server. Trying to be clever I did a batch delete, but caught up your work, and the rest of the guys in that, causing the loss . . . :fekked:

repost - I promise to steer clear!!

No worries Billy, now we know we can move forward etc :thumbsup:

I was a moderator on OOS for a while, so I know things can go wrong, one day on a friday I was downgrading a load of members that had not posted in a long time, which I used to do every month with no probs, long story cut short, basically I made all the other mods and the admins erm sort of none members (I dont know if Henry remembers it or not ?) hence they could not get into the DL sections etc:$:p to this day I have no idea what happened & I dont think their admin did either:crazy: :fekked:

billyrave

Staff member
VIP Gold Member
Mar 28, 2012
Inside the Box
I'll leave everything alone in the background and not make any changes for a week or so, just to make sure everything's settled down :thumbsup:

brady

VIP Silver Member
Oct 26, 2001
Scottish Borders
www.tracklistings.co.uk
I'll leave everything alone in the background and not make any changes for a week or so, just to make sure everything's settled down :thumbsup:

thanks for solving the mystery billy :thumbsup:

if you have access to the settings of the board, is there any way it can be tweaked so download links only become visible to registered users?

im sure ive seen another board with this setting, think it was mercuryserver or tranceaddicted

would be great if we had that feature on this board

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander

if you have access to the settings of the board, is there any way it can be tweaked so download links only become visible to registered users?

im sure ive seen another board with this setting, think it was mercuryserver or tranceaddicted

Scott I have seen that feature on a few boards (yes mecury server im sure), a guest can read the post, but the link is blocked , even if you have signed up you still cant get the link until you have made a contribution to the site etc

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com

That requires a plugin that would be a job for butty, as you have to do that via FTP, billy would not be allowed access to the support area, only licence owners can get in their to download am guessing.:thumbsup:

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com
Scott I have seen that feature on a few boards (yes mecury server im sure), a guest can read the post, but the link is blocked , even if you have signed up you still cant get the link until you have made a contribution to the site etc

if you know what your doing them things are very easy to bypass. Am not going to tell how to do it but if your website savvy their very easy to get round and it would be a paid plugin not a free one.

He is better doing what I have done via my forum you can't bypass that unless you can hack.

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
if you know what your doing them things are very easy to bypass. Am not going to tell how to do it but if your website savvy their very easy to get round and it would be a paid plugin not a free one.

He is better doing what I have done via my forum you can't bypass that unless you can hack.

Never ever admit to being a hacker, but I do know what size pants you have on Greg :dummy::p look out your window :wave: