Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

BOD

Staff member
VIP Silver Member
Sep 4, 2007
over there
Just been thinkin about this today where all the blackburn parties happened and how they look now.

Who fancies a guided trip round the locations for photo opportunities on an up to date trip with a big bag of weed and a top road trip along the way :D

its a good chance for people who went to the parties or people who wish they had been and a bit of nostalgia along the way and basically an excuse for a sesh in the summer to get the juices flowing:p

there are plenty of locations, ewood mills...sett end...glenfield park industrial estate.....pump street...manhattan heights....monroes....and the notorious live the dream in tockholes woods could be the finishing point for a big party to finish????

just an idea but does anybody fancy this???????

i think it sounds mint :cool:

Last edited:

BOD

Staff member
VIP Silver Member
Sep 4, 2007
over there
could meet at a service station thn start a convoy, would be good to sort some campin at the end of it to round it off :D

Last edited:

adamw

Feb 13, 2007
Disco Outcast
I was working on the Whitebirk Industrial Estate the other week and was having a little chuckle to myself about what went on there 20 years ago... :eyebrow:

Lindsei

Sep 29, 2010
Hi,

I'm hoping that somebody here can help me out :D

I'm doing a brief at uni about photojournalism & was wanting to do the late 80's/early 90's Blackburn rave scene.

I need to find some general info about the raves, pictures & people who were there.

Please get in touch if you can help in any way. This might be interesting for those nostalgic about the rave scene. A good chance to have a chat about the 'good old days' and maybe revist some of the venues. :thumbsup:

Thank you :D

Lindsei

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Bod - Do you still wanna do this! Me and Alex will be up for a drive round taking piccies :thumbsup:

Points of interest off the top of my head there are more tho,

Sett End,
Ewood Mill (or where it once stood)
Monroes
Goit Street
Bubble Factory
Tommy Balls
Unit 7 (if i can remember how to find it)
the carting place underneath the train station
whitebirk roundabout (boomtown)
atham ind est
crackers
21 club
tonys ballroom
site of live the dream

ALso this

TonyCannon - Tracks - SoundCloud

Tony Cannon started DJing in 1988 after growing up listing to New Order,Joy Division,Depeche Mode,Kraftwerk and any other Electronic music he could treat his ears to.Tony's first DJing appointment wasat Blackburn's iconic Cest la Vie night club working with Blackburn DJ and promoter Ronnie Brown.Soon Tony started a partnership with long time friend Dave Taylor and in 1989 the pair warmed the the crowd up with there tantalising style of Acid House,Hip House & U.S Garage for the likes of A Guy Called Gerald,808 State The Inspiral Carpets,The New Fast Automatic Daffodil's and Love Decade while also appearing on Steve Barkers Radio Lancashire show On The Wire with 808 state for good measure.After playing some of the first now world famous Blackburn warehouse party's Tony became resident DJ at Blackburn's equally iconic Minstrels Wine Bar treating the crowd to a fine helping of House music every Saturday night.Then came1990 Tony's year, with ones again teaming up with Dave Taylor to play along side Marshall Jefferson and Alan Russell for a one off night of House music in Blackburn,after many guest spots allover the North of England Tony was then asked by a local promoter to work in Spain where both holiday makers and locals where crying out for House music Tony gladly excepted and was resident DJ at Lloret's famous Rockefeller's night club for two years playing guest spots in Barcelona and the surrounding area to boot.After a spell in London playing pirate radio Tony is now back in Blackburn and being resident at the towns North Bar he has recently played their alongside John Carter ,Paul Riders new band Big Hand and many more,along with his residency at the North Bar Tony now concentrates on production work ones again both with Dave Taylor and independently,while also playing many times on Chicago's Party Mix with the likes of Eddie Getdown Ortiz, Darryl Owens and Spains Famous Oasis Club Teatros resident dj DJ Jacoby.For more mixes check me out at: PodOmatic | Podcast - DjTonyCannon - Soul Soup

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Bloody Minstrels bar! Legendary! :king:

Its a right hole these days :( Shame really cus it is a really decent venue if it wasnt full of tramps, dead beats and piss ridden pricks :(

BOD

Staff member
VIP Silver Member
Sep 4, 2007
over there
Bod - Do you still wanna do this! Me and Alex will be up for a drive round taking piccies :thumbsup:

Points of interest off the top of my head there are more tho,

Sett End,
Ewood Mill (or where it once stood)
Monroes
Goit Street
Bubble Factory
Tommy Balls
Unit 7 (if i can remember how to find it)
the carting place underneath the train station
whitebirk roundabout (boomtown)
atham ind est
crackers
21 club
tonys ballroom
site of live the dream

Yeah I will tag along :thumbsup: :cool:

Lindsei

Sep 29, 2010
Thanx Shooms, lots of research there :)

Would anyone be able to tell me if any of the original venues are still standing for me to photograph?

Thanx :D

Last edited: