Biographys

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
Vic Reeves is worth a read. Amelie quite liked Janis Street Porters.

Bill Bryson's The Thunderbolt Kid is superb, although it's just about his childhood really (I pretty much like everything by him though).

U31

Dec 18, 2007
Kiss me brown eye
have you read oliver reed? like the look of that one , cheers shoomeister:thumbsup:

did bett davies adopt a couple of kids ? i know its someone from her era who was a right witch , treated the kids like shit.

Joan Crawford..... Yes Mommie dearest is the fillum....

I can still here Shooms shouting "No Wire Hangars!" :thumbsup:

leaky

Apr 11, 2006
Is Freaky Dancin' by Bez classed as a biography?

If so, that's my recommendation:cool:

good book, read it on hol, then read shaun ryders straight after. Both quality. :thumbsup:

quality book one of the best ive read :thumbsup: gonna have to get the shaun ryder book too.

this is my recomendation, im about 3/4 through it and its very interesting, not sure if its classed as a biography, but its the story of andrew pritchard who ran the genisis wharehouse parties and then became a big drug smuggler.

Amazon.co.uk: Urban Smuggler: Andrew Pritchard, Norman Parker: Books

simzzzz

good book, read it on hol, then read shaun ryders straight after. Both quality. :thumbsup:

lol :thumbsup: thats exactly whatI did, read bez then Shauns funny how they both had same storys but slightly different takes on what happended, blaming each other :thumbsup: well worth reading ...Shauns got a few books out

Also Dave courtney the gangster, read 2 of his and they are well funny... stop the ride I want to get off..and also raving lunacy which is about when he organised raves in back in the day :thumbsup: