Better Band?

• The Smiths

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • The Stone Roses

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters

blandy

Nov 9, 2005
Alright like, I've started to listen to indie the past few weeks after bein a house head for the last 10 years or so. Only really into The Smiths and The Stone Roses. Who does everyone think is the better out of the two? Personally I think The Smiths are better but all my mates seem to think the Stone Roses are better, by the way I love them both and am not really arsed about any other bands really...

mr ben

Mar 22, 2006
huyton
Got to go for 'The Stone Roses ' just for the simple fact that im a manic depressive and 'The Smiths' of could pushed me over the edge lol :p

Kate.S

Sep 14, 2007
Got to go for 'The Stone Roses ' just for the simple fact that im a manic depressive and 'The Smiths' of could pushed me over the edge lol :p

Yeah I went for Stone Roses for the same reason. Can't say I'm a massive fan of either but always found The Smiths a bit depressing myself. Maybe I've just not heard enough of their stuff though.

I really like a lot of stuff Ian Brown did after the Stone Roses, and I have to say I love Oasis. Still never got round to seeing them live though.

jamief70

May 20, 2008
Cumbria
Tough choice. I'll go for the Roses though. Both bands put out some good stuff, but The Smiths was more quantity over quality IMO.

Kate.S

Sep 14, 2007
the stone roses,, its good to chill to diff chooonz n styles , i love the DOORS, HENDRIX, ELECTRO,HIPHOP,ACID,HOUSE,GUN'S N ROSES ,DEEP FORREST,,,, liked mr bens set the other nite was mint ,n a nice change

The Doors are ACE! :thumbsup: :D