Bad dj'ing days!

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Benny-Digital

Apr 20, 2006
Pink makes the boys wink....
Been on my decks for a couple of hours a day for a while now, it's all I think about some days at work and just lately I find it harder to fuck a mix up than clash it.. So where the fuck do bad mixing days come from? I just had to abandon my show because I was a cabbage!!

Superdan

Staff member
Jun 2, 2004
Still Here
www.youtube.com
Sometimes shit happens dude, once ya head goes over the fact ya last couple of mixes then it can go tits up. What I like to do when that happens is pick out the tunes ya know ya can mix well together, if that makes sense?

There's always a section of certain tuneage ya know ya can mix in ya sleep with no head phones or arms

Benny-Digital

Apr 20, 2006
Sometimes shit happens dude, once ya head goes over the fact ya last couple of mixes then it can go tits up. What I like to do when that happens is pick out the tunes ya know ya can mix well together, if that makes sense?

There's always a section of certain tuneage ya know ya can mix in ya sleep with no head phones or arms

Crazy! Why do they happen? I'm not bothered like, I just wonder sometimes.

djperkins

Sep 22, 2011
Not Manchester
You must've heard the phrase...

"The light that shines twice as bright lasts half as long"

...it's your mojo Benny mate, You've used it all up...sorry dude but shit happens, never mind though, there is always a silver lining....I can now follow you without sounding like pots and pans.:D tosser :thumbsup:

Benny-Digital

Apr 20, 2006
You must've heard the phrase...

"The light that shines twice as bright lasts half as long"

...it's your mojo Benny mate, You've used it all up...sorry dude but shit happens, never mind though, there is always a silver lining....I can now follow you without sounding like pots and pans.:D tosser :thumbsup:

Hahahahaaaa. How do I get my mojo back, do I squeeze it from a new born baby or something?

DaveSmalls

May 10, 2009
2 hours a day, that is pretty hardcore respect mate! whilst i too think about records all day at work i find if i go on the decks for a second day running the mix is just not as energetic. i like to do 3/4 mixes a week but need a break inbetween to keep it fresh. i find doing different types of sets helps to keep it energised.

i try to get on the decks straight after work as once as iv had tea or it gets to 7pm unless its a friday i dont have the motivation or concentration. also i try and abstain from the weed until well into a set as that never helps the mixing!!

finally i always find that after a couple of hours my ears get tired for want of a better phrase and the mixing is nowhere near as crisp as the first hour or so so usually i only do about 2 hours.

in the early days i used to delete mixes that were too error ridden, when i f'ck a mix up nowadays i still get angry but dont view it as a personal slur on my skills. still annoying when u do 80 mins of quality then to my mind spoil it all with a few tattered mixes later on. the girlfriend says it doesnt matter but it still does to me and what does she know anyway shes only a girl!!!

djperkins

Sep 22, 2011
Not Manchester
Nuttin more than winter blues Benny mate...get some daylight nosferatu, vitamins...not e's...actual vitals as well...it's all in the mind dude...You know that late 30's early 40's is funny time for a bloke, lots going on upstairs...maybe you're in "the change"....hahaha
...on a serious tip tho...don't think that dj'ing is something that should get less as u get older, as u get older you really want to feel younger and if you do feel younger you certainly look younger which generally means that you are also "feeling" something that is younger as well :thumbsup: