Anything going on in Manchester on NYE?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
NYE @ Academy is 'Hot' Hacienda night with Da Silva, Park/Pickering and 808 State...

Nothing else to write home about from what I've read...

Danny C

May 19, 2004
Town
Not sure but I bet its gonna be rain :|

Misearble git, its bleeding winter. It rains everywhere!!!

Personally I'm well up for some sort of big party at a house somewhere or a "Woody's birthday" type affair where its a load of people I know. Not going out paying a wad to get in somewhere and que at the bar all night, taxis etc.

Who's up for trashing their house then lol!! :mexican:

Danny C

May 19, 2004
Town
lets kidnap sasha and break into the amber club:thumbsup:

LOL The Amber Club, Jesus! Is it shut now?

Apparently you can get into Hippo's through the back, I know someones younger brother who went in for a look round the other week, I'm sure Damo would be up for it!

easty

VIP Gold Member
Aug 3, 2006
newton heath
www.myspace.com
LOL The Amber Club, Jesus! Is it shut now?

Apparently you can get into Hippo's through the back, I know someones younger brother who went in for a look round the other week, I'm sure Damo would be up for it!

amber clubs been shut about 12 months, its up for sale

Is hippos still up, i thuoght it had been knocked down

Danny C

May 19, 2004
Town
amber clubs been shut about 12 months, its up for sale

Is hippos still up, i thuoght it had been knocked down

Yeah its still there. Due to be knocked down, although not sure when? Think theres a Tesco going there or something? Progess eh.....

Won't belong before the Amber is knocked down and the land used for apartments :|

easty

VIP Gold Member
Aug 3, 2006
newton heath
www.myspace.com
Yeah its still there. Due to be knocked down, although not sure when? Think theres a Tesco going there or something? Progess eh.....

Won't belong before the Amber is knocked down and the land used for apartments :|

lol now that would be funny, seeing someone pay 100 and odd grand for a flat on oldham road afacing carpet world and martins the bakery

Danny C

May 19, 2004
Town
lol now that would be funny, seeing someone pay 100 and odd grand for a flat on oldham road afacing carpet world and martins the bakery

Well looking at some of the other developments, ie: 100 grand for a flat sandwiched between the Top Derby and the Farmyard, overlooking the council estate in Harpurhey its concievable!! :| How about "the Amber Buildings" or the "Amber Quarter"........

easty

VIP Gold Member
Aug 3, 2006
newton heath
www.myspace.com
Well looking at some of the other developments, ie: 100 grand for a flat sandwiched between the Top Derby and the Farmyard, overlooking the council estate in Harpurhey its concievable!! :| How about "the Amber Buildings" or the "Amber Quarter"........

there 100 and odd grand for the new uns they are building on stansfield st, thats the st at the top of culcheth lane, u can either go straight down to the vale or do a right onto stansfield st. its unbelieveable
the amber pads sounds good to me lol, close4 to all local ammenaties, mcdonalds and the world famous newton heath market:)

GRIMMY

Aug 19, 2002
Manchester
get-me.to
NYE @ Academy is 'Hot' Hacienda night with Da Silva, Park/Pickering and 808 State...

Nothing else to write home about from what I've read...

Cheers Jammer. Tis the best I've heard of till now. Doubt my small entourage will like it tho. They're after more of a cheesier type old skool and with it being NYE, so am I. Anyway, number 1 on me list for now. Cheers dude.

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Didn't go to the last one Neil, but I did go to the Madchester night, that was good, apart from Bez's disco which I didn't dig, Jon Da Silva was shit hot that night, best I've ever heard him.

808 State were average, but MC Alfonso of MVITA was funny as fuck, I hate MC's as a rule, but he had me in stitches :D

:thumbsup:

Konspiracy

Sep 9, 2002
Was Manchestoh, Now Yorkshire
Still havent heard JDS play out since his Hacienda days in 1990, wouldnt mind catching him soon, probably at Evo if you get him on again (although Ive been lousy at getting along to that:rolleyes: )

NYE is a bastard of a night to go out, everything is twice the price and getting back to Preston would cost a fortune. TBH it looks like im off to a house party, more like it, will cost ferk all and I dont have to deal with a load of pished up bellends in town (me=miserable get)

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
I've just had the flyer sent thru in the post this morning.

The line up has changed now!

It's now

Park (yawn)
808 State DJ's (average at best)
Jon Da Silva (Not to be missed)
K-Klass P.A. (zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz)

How boring eh, only JDS would be any good, K-Klass doing the same piss poor P.A. as usual, fuck it off as a bad move and go to a house party is deffo the way forward :thumbsup:

Oh and it is gonna be broadcast on Key 103 - how exciting lol