Another oldskool "classic" re-done for 2009

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

italooldskool

Jun 9, 2004
Just found this on the tube, sort of follows on from the thread about hardcore uproar cover, So i suppose the question is, is anything safe from the ministry of sound type remix for 2009:( :( :(

Asha's just been so called re hashed, see what you all think

YouTube - A.S.H.A. - J.J. Tribute 2009

This has pissed me right off, why couldnt they have done brothers and sisters instead:condom: :condom: :condom: I didnt think the hardcore uproar cover was too bad, better than this imo

No doubt it will be huge in the clubs, all the kids will be singin it, thinkin its a cool new tune:|

I dont want to see the likes of alfredo-action remade, some tunes should just be left alone:mad: Please dont wreck anymore treasured tunes from the past, im losin the will to live (well not really, but it does do my head in!)

italooldskool

Jun 9, 2004
Just reading the replys to the youtube thread, first one says this

"This song makes me cry. The happiest song I have ever heard in my Life" Sort of reinforces my concerns about peoples reactions who dont know about the original.

I know that the original has been hammered and overplayed, but if youve ever been into your piano tunes, this rocked back in the dayphones: phones: phones: The space mix is also pretty tasty!

grover

Jun 5, 2003
Shockin that aint it:( Shame Rowettas doin stuff like that, freaky dreamer was classphones: phones: phones: , If only she had won the x factor lol:eyebrow:

I don't think it's a case of Rowetta doing it - More like someone else using the sample and Rowetta getting a shit load of money for it - If that's the case then good luck to her - Rowetta is class :thumbsup:

Doddy

VIP Gold Member
Sep 13, 2007
Manchester
lol mate :) im trying 2 find a vid for the space mix on tube bt cant find it :( Star n Jammer said it best mix so i wana see whats tickled their fancy

nupski

Nov 2, 2007
Sheffield
lol mate :) im trying 2 find a vid for the space mix on tube bt cant find it :( Star n Jammer said it best mix so i wana see whats tickled their fancy

space mix is good mate,done in a prog style and sounds bugger all like the original. you wouldn't know it was a remix of jj tribute unless someone told you what it was.

this remix is wank but i'm not bothered by it, jj tribute is one of the most copied tunes of all time, and most of them have been shit. no-one will ever beat the jtc mix for me :thumbsup: