Andy Gray sacked. Sexism gone mad?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
rely, the whole cast of Loose Women should be fired to!?

John, they don't actually slag men off...so there.

I think it's right, he should be made an example of. Yes it is her job, he was taking the piss out of her, not just making a random sweeping comment. As people have commented before, if it were race or sexuality-related it'd be a no brainer...times and attitudes need to change.

Unlike the lady ref, i don't know what the offside rule is, and I don't give a fuck.:p

seandelier

Dec 8, 2006
Anytime that utter scumbag Murdoch gets his way it pisses me off no end. Right or wrong, whether anyone likes Gray or Keys or not. That disgrace of a human being has stitched someone up again who tried to get his NOW scumbags back.

If newcorp gets more of the Sky thing then it will only get worse and will end up with a Fox news type channel like the USA. And the Tory wankers do not look like stopping it happen.

Harri74

May 29, 2007
Midlands
www.myspace.com
To be fair Murdoch is a twat....he has too much sway on the opinions of the public, to the point that it is very wrong.

Personally, im far more 'afraid' of the power of the media than the power of the politicians/political parties. I think mainstream 'media' is totally out of control. They have the power to MASSIVELY influence public opinion. Be afraid.. :naughty:

Sky was always shit though... Catch of the Day is much better :D

catch-of-the-day.jpg

Complete stitch up if you ask me. If you've ever worked for Sky you'd know why, if they don't want you there, they'll do anything to get you out.

Anyone in media has the opportunity to influence what people think, they publish the stories they want you to hear, they don't publish the stories they don't want you to see. In addition to paying people to tell their story, they also pay people not to.

What Andy Gray said was no worse than what women themselves have said about women. The workplace thing doesn't stack up, its not like they're working in a a posh accountancy. They're a bunch of guys who happen to make a lot of money, but they're not working in a 'professional' environment as such.

Jeremy Clarkson was quoted to say 'if they used the same standards for our show I'd have been sacked 100 times over'. Does anyone complain about him? No

Do you know why? Because Sky haven't written a story about him trying to get everyone in the country to think badly of him.

Motto of the story: don't believe everything you read, have your own opinions and make up your own mind. My mind is made up, complete stitch up, it was just banter.

oldskoolkidder

VIP Silver Member
Mar 15, 2002
Hebden Bridge
www.mixcloud.com
Complete stitch up if you ask me. If you've ever worked for Sky you'd know why, if they don't want you there, they'll do anything to get you out.

Anyone in media has the opportunity to influence what people think, they publish the stories they want you to hear, they don't publish the stories they don't want you to see. In addition to paying people to tell their story, they also pay people not to.

What Andy Gray said was no worse than what women themselves have said about women. The workplace thing doesn't stack up, its not like they're working in a a posh accountancy. They're a bunch of guys who happen to make a lot of money, but they're not working in a 'professional' environment as such.

Jeremy Clarkson was quoted to say 'if they used the same standards for our show I'd have been sacked 100 times over'. Does anyone complain about him? No

Do you know why? Because Sky haven't written a story about him trying to get everyone in the country to think badly of him.

Motto of the story: don't believe everything you read, have your own opinions and make up your own mind. My mind is made up, complete stitch up, it was just banter.

spot on that mate to be fair - total stitch up the video of gray and keys all behind the scenes were leaked by someone wanting to get them out - like people have said they maybe arrogant so and so's but there brilliant at there jobs and thats all that matters really to the viewing public - nonsence all of this really - fair play about the woman liner but a ticking off was that was needed which they got with warnings but what followed what ridiculous! just wonder who theyl get in to replace them both?! ...