A real DJ on the 'Instant DJ'

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

U31

Dec 18, 2007
Kiss me brown eye
Just read his response, he's in a bit of a pugnacious mood today it seems:ba: So DJ Revolution has basically challanged you to a DJ battle. Good luck :D

No problemo... After i win...

Then i'll challenge him to the downhill course at fort bill.... :ba2:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38_L5p6Y81s]YouTube - Fort William Downhill[/ame]

You wouldn't believe how much that helmet cam is smoothing out the course..
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-WqnPksbNM&feature=related]YouTube - Fort William - Mick Hannah - cam DH[/ame]

djay

May 4, 2005
Carlisle
Gwan as they say Ritchie hawtin showing people what a real dj is and what they use, kinda said it all to me but then being digital I don't need to be told the virtues of creativity that a pure digital format brings.

So can we please get past this lame vynil shit as it's had it's day and most that don't embrace technology IMO are just scared of it.

Btw love to see any pure vynalist mix 4 decks in time whilst using efx and still engaging with the crowd :) can I say quadruple beats ?

Again I hate shit mixing it spoils a set, nothing like a nice set mixed in key no clashing pianos and whaling vocals that don't match the next track coming into the mix, and if it takes real skill to do this and learn then I'm afraid most pure vynil dj's should give up now as most seem to be tone deaf.

I've not got into ableton myself but onece serato release the bridge for ableton and serato itch I will be installing my snide version of ableton live and will be fully embracing yet more toys at my disposal :)

Gwan as they say Ritchie hawtin showing people what a real dj is and what they use, kinda said it all to me but then being digital I don't need to be told the virtues of creativity that a pure digital format brings.

So can we please get past this lame vynil shit as it's had it's day and most that don't embrace technology IMO are just scared of it.

Btw love to see any pure vynalist mix 4 decks in time whilst using efx and still engaging with the crowd :) can I say quadruple beats ?

Again I hate shit mixing it spoils a set, nothing like a nice set mixed in key no clashing pianos and whaling vocals that don't match the next track coming into the mix, and if it takes real skill to do this and learn then I'm afraid most pure vynil dj's should give up now as most seem to be tone deaf.

I've not got into ableton myself but onece serato release the bridge for ableton and serato itch I will be installing my snide version of ableton live and will be fully embracing yet more toys at my disposal :)

V. I. N. Y. L.

If you're gonna slag it off at least spell it right :fekked:

SCR101.5

Apr 19, 2003
Gwan as they say Ritchie hawtin showing people what a real dj is

You see, I feel that Hawtin is one of the djs who has embraced & helped to develop the technology really well......
and I don't really want to play devil's advocate here, but you only ever hear a lot of minimal djs playing the same beats over & over again nowadays with a few random effects thrown over the top. What's the point in having an amazing set-up if you are only doing that?

siman91

Dec 28, 2002
Brisvegas
Vci unresponsive ?? I don't think so at all and judging by videos on YouTube with people that can scratch etc that seems totally wrong, latency is 1ms that's hardly unresponsive and yes you can autobeat keylock etc but then you don't have to hit the button it's choice not necessity.

Sorry but its what I find although the way it has been set up maybe is not the best. My vinyl and cd decks have the all cables measured and matched as well as the headphone length and speaker wire lengths so what I hear through the phones matches exactly the speakers and all inputs to the mixer respond in exactly the same time. Im a bit anal like that!!:$

djay

May 4, 2005
Carlisle
I agree a fair few don't do enough with the tech that they have but again this digital malarkey is new and maturing everyday where as the record deck matured over 25 years ago and has stayed the same ever since.

Technology and people will will progress like crazy now and that's only a good thing, now let's dump those shitty cd players as well as those old fashioned turntables as they have both had there day.

People just need to experiment more IMO and not be scared by what he or she says because it's not the norm I.e looping efx live removing etc I know it bugs the traditionalist bit then it seems so does everything apart from the same old same old.

djay

May 4, 2005
Carlisle
I have the bridge atm with a free trial oh Abelton 8.. Can't make head nor tail of it? ps do you have a hooky code :D

Got a snide version of ableton 8 but no bridge as serato has not released it yet for serato itch, supposedly will come out in the next few months with serato itch 2.0 hopefully I'll get to beta test it like itch 1.7 :)

You don't need a serial for it you need a crack.

Benny-Digital

Apr 20, 2006
Pink makes the boys wink....
Got a snide version of ableton 8 but no bridge as serato has not released it yet for serato itch, supposedly will come out in the next few months with serato itch 2.0 hopefully I'll get to beta test it like itch 1.7 :)

You don't need a serial for it you need a crack.

Near on impossible on mac to crack anything :(

I do however see a "sync" button with the serato bridge pmsl :p

djay

May 4, 2005
Carlisle
Near on impossible on mac to crack anything :(

I do however see a "sync" button with the serato bridge pmsl :p

There are loads of cracked versions of mac software benny try newsgroups instead of lame peer 2 queer and you'll find em easy enough, think the sync is to let ableton control the master tempo of the serato software.

djay

May 4, 2005
Carlisle
I use a newsgroup account to download things which would be like 7 quid per month, much safer than using peer 2 peer shit and more secure.

I use Supranews and then use a site called newzbin to look for files allthough you can use a place called binsearch.info its just not as user friendly.

Here is the latest mac version

" Ableton.Suite.v8.2.1.MAC.OSX.INTEL.ISO

PROTECTION : DSA-1024+CUSTOM
SIZE ......: 41 * 50MB
FORMAT.....: ISO
DATE ......: 11/2010

1) Unrar and mount or burn

2) Copy Live 8.2.1 OS X to applications folder
and drag Authorize821.auz on live.app

3) Enjoy

simples init :)

JACKG

VIP Gold Member
Sep 15, 2004
Some questions..

These days there is just so much choice - is that a bad thing?

And how do you evaluate the best way/equipment to DJ?

Though ironically the choice of using vinyl is now not always available.

What is a DJ?

Is it a Disc Jockey? do mp3s or wav files count as discs?

or

Is it about being creative with other peoples music? maybe thats a remixer?

I have the answers to em all but they although they might be right to me they may be wrong to you... or maybe you cant handle the truth;)

Interesting thread with some good contributions:thumbsup:

Benny-Digital

Apr 20, 2006
Pink makes the boys wink....
I use a newsgroup account to download things which would be like 7 quid per month, much safer than using peer 2 peer shit and more secure.

I use Supranews and then use a site called newzbin to look for files allthough you can use a place called binsearch.info its just not as user friendly.

Here is the latest mac version

" Ableton.Suite.v8.2.1.MAC.OSX.INTEL.ISO

PROTECTION : DSA-1024+CUSTOM
SIZE ......: 41 * 50MB
FORMAT.....: ISO
DATE ......: 11/2010

1) Unrar and mount or burn

2) Copy Live 8.2.1 OS X to applications folder
and drag Authorize821.auz on live.app

3) Enjoy

simples init :)

Cheers mate.