20 years ago today...

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

betty spaghetti

Nov 21, 2006
Today is the 20th anniversary of the Hillsborough disaster...

Id like to show my respect & spare a thought for those who died & those who lost...Who would ever think you would never return from a game of football?

I just cant believe no one has put their hands up & said, yeah we fucked up

Respect to the 96 :)

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
Peace to the 96.

Never forgotten.

People have held their hands up recently Betty, when it's too late. Mr Dukenfield has had 20 years of a full police pension.

But today is about them, not him.

You will never walk alone and we still have hope in our hearts.:love:

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Never never forget! your right tho justice is needed for those who perished! Theyll never walk alone and our boys did them proud last night and fought as only liverpool can and made chelsea work for their place in the next round!

there is a memorial at anfield today at 2.45 if anybody is interested, im stuck at work but wish i had taken the day off now to go and pay my respects!

hjc_badge_new.jpg

may you all rest in peace :love:

Barrie Jay

Jul 20, 2003
Fleetwood - twinned with Royston Vasey
My heart still sinks when I see clips of that disaster.

My blood boils that as yet the families of those who perished have never been given a truthful explanation of what truly happened that day.

The police have owned up, collectively, that it was a poorly planned and executed operation. Pity they did not do that at the outset instead of claiming they had all been drinking. Did you know that even the children were tested for blood alcohol levels???

The Coroner was interviewed on the BBC North West Tonight by a wimpering reporter who let him get away with some stupid replies and asked lightweight, almost irrelevant, questions. An opportunity lost as he rarely has given interviews.

After 20 years the families deserve better.

He was a twat in dealing with the original inquest and remains a complete twat to this day.

When interviewing the mother of a child, who was one of the 96, commenting on her continuing search for truth and accountability she said something like - `the system keeps trying to wear me down until I break. To the contrary I will wear them all down until they break. I will never give up.`

I hope one day justice is done but fear it may never.

R.I.P.

Dj Bucky

Registered Member
Dec 13, 2005
96 Angels Are Singing In Heaven,football Brought Us Together, Football Took You Away. God Bless You And Your Families, Never Forgotten, R.i.p. Friends You'll Never Walk Alone. Justice For The 96.

nics

Oct 5, 2004
im like herpes....never quite fcuk hoff!!!
i saw a a thing on BBC1 on saturday and i just got goosebumps n welled up:(

i personaly didnt lose anybody that dreadfull day but my heart goes out to those that did and those that have suffered ever since.

today is when you forget what football team you support and come together to pay our respects to those that died:love:

in memory of the 96:love:

lee laaaa

Aug 10, 2007
not being disrespectful to the fans that lost their lives at Hillsborough R.I.P but who remembers the Bradford fire disaster around the same time?

Bradford City stadium fire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

could it be cause they're liverpool fans maybe?

Why whats wrong with liverpool fans? are we any different? poor comment, cant see why ur questioning this thread on a sad day like this:naughty: . If you feel so much about the Bradford fire set your own thread up and leave like minded people to put there messages on here about hillsborough :thumbsup: :condom:

nics

Oct 5, 2004
im like herpes....never quite fcuk hoff!!!
not being disrespectful to the fans that lost their lives at Hillsborough R.I.P but who remembers the Bradford fire disaster around the same time?

Bradford City stadium fire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

could it be cause they're liverpool fans maybe?

the video footage of that fire is awfull!!

it gets used as a health and safety training video for fire wardens to show how quick a fire can spread......a few minutes n the stand was gone!

Presuming Ed

It's true that the Bradford disaster doesn't get the same coverage, i guess in fact due to the controversial circumstances surrounding the hillsborough disaster, in as much as Police actions at the time couldve prevented some of what happened at Hillsborough. Still horrendous to think that 2 sets of fans went to a game and never returned, must have equally as devastating effects on the families and friends connected with those that died. Ed

norriss

Aug 25, 2004
Derby
Why whats wrong with liverpool fans? are we any different? poor comment, cant see why ur questioning this thread on a sad day like this:naughty: . If you feel so much about the Bradford fire set your own thread up and leave like minded people to put there messages on here about hillsborough :thumbsup: :condom:

There is nothing wrong with Liverpool fans and i'm sorry if my comment offended.

I lost my cousin in the fire and just made a comment because there was no 20th anniversary for the 56 people who lost their lives on that day

as you say are Liverpool any different to Bradford City fans?

lee laaaa

Aug 10, 2007
There is nothing wrong with Liverpool fans and i'm sorry if my comment offended.

I lost my cousin in the fire and just made a comment because there was no 20th anniversary for the 56 people who lost their lives on that day

as you say are Liverpool any different to Bradford City fans?

Fair enuff m8 were all humans our fans as humans are no better than Bradford fans definaltly not, but it would have been better to start another thread in memory of your cousin R.I.P and the bradford fire and yes that was a terrible tragidy.

norriss

Aug 25, 2004
Derby
Fair enuff m8 were all humans our fans as humans are no better than Bradford fans definaltly not, but it would have been better to start another thread in memory of your cousin R.I.P and the bradford fire and yes that was a terrible tragidy.

Fair enough respect to all involved and to the famalies on this very sad day

Joker Jen

VIP Gold Member
Oct 8, 2001
Secret Location in Gotham City

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
It was certainly a sad day in football history and one you couldn't have imagined could happen here:crazy:

RIP all those that died:(

my dad did a poem that was printed in todays echo + read out on city talk this morning , just thought id share

REMEMBERED

That sad day remembered
By millions of fans
It had started as normal
An exciting day planned

Sons there and Daughters
Husbands and wives
No thought of the tragedy
That would shatter their lives

No sign of the horrors
That the whole world would see
Or the people that caused it