100 Wigan Pier memories

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

tag

Mar 11, 2004
Byzantine period
79. going up ashurst beacon in Skem after wards for mega mash ups
80. Police stopping us from going up the Beacon by putting gates on the car park.
81. queing at 6.00pm to get in on Friday 92' and seeing some geezer come over the bridge on motorbike quickly followed by car which knocks him off...ooops
82. Seeing Zero b doing one of his first live PA's (supposidly)

anymore for anymore?????????

tag :crazy:

italooldskool

Jun 9, 2004
first started going to the pier under18's when i was about 13/14, early memories for me include.

Malc kicking fuck out of some kid on my first night in there

The night being stopped for everyone to watch the england versus cameroon quarter final in the 1990 world cup

Welly doing his smiths mix

Malc teaching everyone his dance for greyhouse move your acit

Fights with rockers waitng for the club to empty

asmo jam the dance pa

malc singing hang vince the specky eyed fat bastard over the smiths panic each week

Having to pay for water after they decided to turn the taps of in the toilets

Awesome tunes, and some great nights

nowthen

Nov 6, 2002
Stockport
...gettin nicked afterwards for driving my pals car up a roundabout an falling asleep in the drivers seat still perched on top of it :S

....too hot, full of bell ends.

....cracking tunes years ago.

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Purple Fila boots
Blow job near the dance floor
Playing Expose - 'Tell Me Why' to celebrate it's first birthday
Mick the bouncer always finding me in the queue and telling me to go straight to the door not realising i'd left left my mates queueing.
Some really good mates there always having a fantastic night
Altern 8 style pa systems in the car park.
The fire alarm going off a few times

beaker

Jun 24, 2005
Dr Huxtables
nowthen said:
...gettin nicked afterwards for driving my pals car up a roundabout an falling asleep in the drivers seat still perched on top of it :S

woaah i wrapped my car up a couple of years ago on my way home from pier. drove up a roundabout doing about 60mph :condom: :fekked:

nowthen

Nov 6, 2002
Stockport
beaker said:
woaah i wrapped my car up a couple of years ago on my way home from pier. drove up a roundabout doing about 60mph :condom: :fekked:

I can't remember really :fekked: ....but I bet I was only doing about 4mph when I drove up the one I went up! Don't think I even noticed or I wouldn't have got my head down still perched there!

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
nowthen said:
Well it was dark an I was outta me face, thought it was an icepop :eek:

I don't know who taught you how to eat icepop's mate, but send them my best regards :thumbsup:

I've never tried to deep throat an icepop before, but I guess that's the Blackburn way :p :)

Konspiracy

Sep 9, 2002
Was Manchestoh, Now Yorkshire

15 of us travelling over in a big red transit van skinning up all the way

Hearing Denise Lopez as last tune and everybody going nuts (it had been 18 months or so since I'd heard it out..)

The Big fella on the door always recognising your face

That upstairs chillout bit, hotter than the club as already said

Some snide scally breaking into mi car and nicking the stereo and loads of irreplaceable tapes

Taking far too much billy

The queues over the bridge

Good thread this, shame WAFC and cam have got ASBOs and cant reply lol ;)

josie

Jan 11, 2005
not far from wigan pier
I remember!

Konspiracy said:

15 of us travelling over in a big red transit van skinning up all the way

Hearing Denise Lopez as last tune and everybody going nuts (it had been 18 months or so since I'd heard it out..)

The Big fella on the door always recognising your face

That upstairs chillout bit, hotter than the club as already said

Some snide scally breaking into mi car and nicking the stereo and loads of irreplaceable tapes

Taking far too much billy

The queues over the bridge

Good thread this, shame WAFC and cam have got ASBOs and cant reply lol ;)
I remember sitting in the orwell pub early on, and watching for the que to start, when it started building up we would join it!

Does that mean cam and wafc will never be on again.
I will text wafc later and find out the facts!!!!
wafc had an interview at a few weeks ago to sell cigars at Manchester Airport, will find out if he got it!
Cant get my head round exactly what was entailed with the job though :S

Miss Cola

Feb 21, 2003
Chompin on biccie's.. *beep*;)
Lol, im actually going to wigan pier on the 3rd sept, :S Not that i want to but the fact that my cousin who is 15yrs wants to go out to her first club and wants me to come with her and look after her. (bless :) she loves all that cheesy shite thats out now so she'll love it, but for me ahhh i'll hate it. :mad: But id rather go with her then let her go with her mate so no k*obs try owt. :thumbsup: