Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

beaker

Jun 24, 2005
Dr Huxtables
me too

acestu said:
Went to our local market on Tuesday, bought some powdered water, walking home i was thinking what do i put with it, then realized been conned....

cheers
Acestu :crazy: as ever !!
:eek: did something similar myself

went to iceland for food an came home with a bag of frozen water :confused: aka--- icecubes :condom: the penny simply hadnt dropped until i was unpacking that i'd paid a quid for feckin ice....lol :rolleyes:
conned....

Saysay

VIP Gold Member
Apr 20, 2003
Madchester
www.mixcloud.com
Erm....embarrassingly yes! :$

Walking through blackburn town centre in 1997 i saw a bloke playing music through a hi-fi and next taped to the speakers via string were micky n minnie mouse dancing away......the bloke said that they were moving through the vibrations of the music...£1 please, so i thought why not (cant believe i even considered it like!) and bought it, went back home, taped the two pieces of string to either side of my speakers, switched me music on..........FECK ALL!! ....a couple of days later it then occured to me that the guy had actually had the string attached to a wheel that was going round making the bleddin mice move! Bastard!! lolol and why the f*ck i even bought it in the first place i do not know. :axe:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Not really conned, more a victim of my own stupidity :$

I was in New York at the DMC contest there and we had a rare treat at the end, a live PA by Coldcrush Bros. :cool:

At the end of the night, some guy was selling their merchandise and I had a quick glance and asked how much for a record, he said "8 bucks" I said "i'll take one". He said "just 1?" I said "Yeah mate". Before i'd picked up the record he shouted "2 records for 10 bucks" I said "i'll take another then" he said "8 bucks" I said "I've just bought 1, but it's 2 for 10 bucks, so i'll take another for 10 altogether". He said "it's still 8 bucks you want another 1". I said (quite loudly) "Well f**k you, you hustler" and made my way out of there before one of the goons could get me.

I was on my guard, walking back to my hotel in the early hours :ba:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
I think the record is a very limited pressing too, because i've never been able to find another online and it's got some excellent tracks on it :cool: :)

==Lee==

Sep 25, 2005
No never been conned yet, i think its down to my cousin is one shady shit and told me the ways how he conns people

Saysay

VIP Gold Member
Apr 20, 2003
Madchester
www.mixcloud.com
acestu said:
Yeh thank god it,s not just me, and what a classic Saysay PMSL .... I would definately of got the RSPCA involved in that one...

cheers
Acestu :crazy: as ever !!

LOL! Forgot to mention they were cardboard cut outs. :D But of course you already knew that, lol!

Bubbles

Feb 15, 2004
Miss saysay said:
Erm....embarrassingly yes! :$

Walking through blackburn town centre in 1997 i saw a bloke playing music through a hi-fi and next taped to the speakers via string were micky n minnie mouse dancing away......the bloke said that they were moving through the vibrations of the music...£1 please, so i thought why not (cant believe i even considered it like!) and bought it, went back home, taped the two pieces of string to either side of my speakers, switched me music on..........FECK ALL!! ....a couple of days later it then occured to me that the guy had actually had the string attached to a wheel that was going round making the bleddin mice move! Bastard!! lolol and why the f*ck i even bought it in the first place i do not know. :axe:

Me and lee bought thease from spain a few years ago for dest mine didnt work either :cry: :cry:

A few girls in work have been conned by a few men befor where they have bought somethin for $12 give them a $50 and then con them into gettin change from a 50 and there 50 pound note back it all happens so fast dont realise till its too late.