X Box help!!!!

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

walshy

Jul 30, 2003
In a Pineapple under the sea
Right, as mentioned in a pevious thread I've chipped my X Box. It worked mint untill I tried to put a dashboard on it. Now it won't work with the chip enabled. When i boot it with the chip disabled it goes to the service required screen showing error16 (have checked this and it's a dashboard error)
Is there anyone here up north who is prepared to have a look and sort it out?
Goes without saying I'll sort you out for your troubles. I ain't got a clue what to do with it and I'm now missing my gaming :cry: :cry:
If you can take up this challenge let us know. :thumbsup:

Myk

Did you download the full Evox installation disk ?

If so you just need to boot the X with the disk in the drive and from there you can format, reinstall and reflash bios fella ;)

if not then get onto Overnet or Edonkey etc etc and download Evox Auto installer or Slayer Auto Installer or something similar and do as above ;)

walshy

Jul 30, 2003
In a Pineapple under the sea
Myk, Tried that got both Scorp-x and Slayers. My box won't boot from a disk.
With the chip enabled it just boots to a title screen showing an FTP prog embedded in the chips bios but I can't do anything else.
I'm begining to think it's dead :(

Myk

Hmm the X should always boot from whatever disk is inserted when you turn on. Makes no diff if the chip is on or off it should still boot the disk first. Maybe the disk is nackered ? Have you done it on a CDRW (might help) ?

Failing all this you'll need to hook the box upto to the PC via FTP and delete the old file structure on the hard drive then replace it with the good structure from i.e Slayer's.

I'd love to help fella but I'm feckin miles away as you know. Surely someone on here can meet up with you and give you a hand ? Where is Lizer from ?