Join now

doolz

now i know ive moaned about this before

but the resurgence of

80's fashion is just so wrong

• only about 5% of the population can pull off wearing drain pipe jeans
  • mullets still dont look cool they never did
  • grey leather jackets so wrong words fail me
  • converse all stars any bigger than a size 5 or 6 and they look likes clowns shoes
like zammo said just say NO!

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
Its all about how you mix it though, i personally look sweeeeet when i put my 80's gear on. I usually combine a dynasty style shoulder padded cocktail dress (usually in summat like a yellowy gold satiny fabric), Nike high tops, leg warmers, a bat winged jumper elegantly drapped over my shoulds and finish the whole ensemble off with Princess Diana (God bless your kind kind soul) ducks arse back hairdo, with a feck off Human Leauge stylee frindge at the front. Oh, and loads of cheap placky beads an all, and a gruuuureat big casio watch. If i say so myself i look foooookin mint.

:)

AB45

Dec 31, 2003
Essex
you wait till i post a pic of me with my highlighted hair, sky blue Farrahs, white slip on deck shoes and lemon Pringle jumper:D Fuggin hot stuff i tell ya;)

chemayne

Dec 22, 2005
near a tip
best things to cum out of the 80's

:thumbsup: :cool:

Attachments

• Fraggle_Rock_Band-Jr-Tee.jpg
    Fraggle_Rock_Band-Jr-Tee.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 115
  • Knight_Rider_Michael_link.jpg
    Knight_Rider_Michael_link.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 110
  • footlooseleggies1a.jpg
    footlooseleggies1a.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 107

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
Amelie said:
Its all about how you mix it though, i personally look sweeeeet when i put my 80's gear on. I usually combine a dynasty style shoulder padded cocktail dress (usually in summat like a yellowy gold satiny fabric), Nike high tops, leg warmers, a bat winged jumper elegantly drapped over my shoulds and finish the whole ensemble off with Princess Diana (God bless your kind kind soul) ducks arse back hairdo, with a feck off Human Leauge stylee frindge at the front. Oh, and loads of cheap placky beads an all, and a gruuuureat big casio watch. If i say so myself i look foooookin mint.

Now THAT Ive just GOTTA see to believe!!

Did anyone have a denim jacket in the mid 80's?. I had one, I must have been 8 or 9 years old, and it had these metal spikes/cones sewn to it, and loads of badges on :rofl: Oh my giddy aunty. :eek: . lol.

Im still not afraid of a tie dye baggy t-shirt with Acid Face smilee hahahah.

Drainpipe jeans like Rodney off Only Fools and Horses, that tight you almost broke youre ankles trying to get them on, and had to go to bed half an hour early cos it took you half an hour to get the bastards off. Oh, the shame.

I used to wear converse too as a kid, cos it was the skater thing to do at the time. :thumbsup: . Funnily enough, I was having a convo with somebody the other day, well, a group of peeps I know, one wears red canvas things like converse, and they are about size 9, and I said the same thing about the clown shoes!

Sirius.

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
Amelie said:
Aye, i have to be carefull alright where i unleash my artistic dressing skillz.

Would you go to a brewers fayre dressed like that? ;) Jonno could tag along with his 'artistic' mixing bowl hair cut........

Sirius.

MizzDeedz

May 6, 2006
puffball skirts and leg warmers!!! thats just wrong they dont go together and they are not fashionable even if your an extra on flashdance.:S

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
I'd quite happily burn all my photos taken during the 80's (apart from the late 80's) lol

It was great in all other ways apart from fashion and hairstyles:$

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Oh dear my scanners just broken:cry: :p :D

I might be persuaded if others set the ball rolling though, but it ain't pretty pre 86/87:$

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
I posted my gay photo's recently and those weren't pretty either:|

All i've seen of you is were you're looking like a movie star in the morning though, not exactly embarrassing in any way:p

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
Jiglo said:
I posted my gay photo's recently and those weren't pretty either:|

All i've seen of you is were you're looking like a movie star in the morning though, not exactly embarrassing in any way:p

pffft! ET you mean? ;)

if i had 80's pics i would post them , why not hey? :D but i dont so.... *blows raspberry*

Dee

May 26, 2006
Staffordshire
PMSL @ this thread!! Let's all not forget the millions of Madonna wannabee's! That was just crazy! The lace leggings and lace gloves and mountains of jewellery.....thankfully I wasn't one of the wannabee's - c'mon own up - Any ex-madonna wannabee's in da house?? PMSL!! :mad:

Saysay

Apr 20, 2003
Madchester
www.mixcloud.com
Amelie said:

I saw you in tescos the other day and you looked ace in that! :thumbsup: