Worlds Richest Dj????

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

walgman

Mar 30, 2007
Who is the highest paid DJ in the world today????

Sasha has to be up there will all his amercian bigness. never hear about carl cox nowdays maybe cause im into yank music now.

my guess is louie vega!!!! He (to me) is the most talented and also prolific producer and seems to travel more than most eg japan and europe.

or maybe tiesto!!!! like a bit of his trancey stuff but only a bit!

loads

theres loads of djs earning 5 figure sums these days , fees do vary as it sometimes depends on size of venue , time of year , xmas nye ect ect , but all the usual suspects still get mega bucks , fat boy slim , tiesto , morrillo , sasha , digweed ,tenaglia , cox , oakenfold , (deep dish rumours of upto 35k :eek: a set ) ,

just glad crap djs like jeremy healy aint :p , i rememmber the days when he got massive 5 figure sums and did 2 or 3 gigs a nite , not anymore :wave: lol

Inchigh

Mar 23, 2007
Republic of Mancunia
thats a hard one to explain, but if longetivity comes into the equation, it has to be sasha. he was there from the start, and where the rave scene begun.

pounds dont make prizes, affection does.

just my ten penth.

dodgymix

probably the highest for one gig

thats a hard one to explain, but if longetivity comes into the equation, it has to be sasha. he was there from the start, and where the rave scene begun.

just my ten penth.

can anyone remember that tw@t Junior Vasquez who wouldn't play out side America(probably new York. Typical yank probably didn't have a passport lol)

they offered him £100k for one set ($200k in todays excelent exchange rate)) to play a huge gig organised by MoS and no one wanted to see him so they had to cancel

seandelier

Dec 8, 2006
I dont mind him, hes done some nice progressive contributions in the past with the perfecto label and some good global underground mixes, so a thumbs up from me.

he was good when he played at cream but is utter wank now and has done some huge train wrecks the only times i have heard him recently

seandelier

Dec 8, 2006

just my ten penth.

danny rampling and that lot basically started the scene in london in 87 and oakey was there too eventually starting his own night, you cant say sasha has been around longer than oakey

oakey has been milking the yanks out of huge sums for years now and has been payed more than sasha for years now

sasha is by far the better dj though

Ed

Aug 1, 2002
London
Listen to Oakenfold's Goa Mix. Far from wank.

Probably done the most to spread dance music in this country and abroad.

He hasn't been good for years though, I'll give you that.

seandelier

Dec 8, 2006
Listen to Oakenfold's Goa Mix. Far from wank.

Probably done the most to spread dance music in this country and abroad.

He hasn't been good for years though, I'll give you that.

agreed, still listen to the goa mix nowadays

pioneer as you say but i would put tong above him as a spreader of the music

Ed

Aug 1, 2002
London
agreed, still listen to the goa mix nowadays

pioneer as you say but i would put tong above him as a spreader of the music

You reckon? I thought Tong was pretty focused on being the don here in the UK, but does he travel and play abroad as much as Oakey has?

Listened to the Goa mix the other day, its fucking top.

seandelier

Dec 8, 2006
You reckon? I thought Tong was pretty focused on being the don here in the UK, but does he travel and play abroad as much as Oakey has?

Listened to the Goa mix the other day, its fucking top.

his show has gone out all over the world for years now, oakey only really got huge in the states after his own album went big over there, I think sasha and digweed did more as dj's there before him

for a while perfecto was the best label for proggy trance stuff though

i find a lot of people really slag oakey and do not take into consideration what he has done for the scene overall, same with tong in some quarters

oakenfold is a dreadful dj nowadays but i still give him props for kicking off the scene, some great compilations, nights in cream in the 90's, some of the stuff on his label and some of his early remixes

Ed

Aug 1, 2002
London
his show has gone out all over the world for years now, oakey only really got huge in the states after his own album went big over there, I think sasha and digweed did more as dj's there before him

for a while perfecto was the best label for proggy trance stuff though

i find a lot of people really slag oakey and do not take into consideration what he has done for the scene overall, same with tong in some quarters

oakenfold is a dreadful dj nowadays but i still give him props for kicking off the scene, some great compilations, nights in cream in the 90's, some of the stuff on his label and some of his early remixes

Spot on Sean. Exactly how I see it.

walgman

Mar 30, 2007
remember carl cox dj'ing two milleniums on two different continents.

remember he got paid half a house for that!