Working mum's!

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Vickles

Jan 21, 2005
Butty's pub :D
What do working mum’s do during school holidays?

I’ve got a 2 year old son who goes 2 a pre-school type place 3 mornings a week but it’s only open term time. My boyfriend and I both work full time. We’re lucky in the fact we have people to help us out during school holidays but I’m expecting our second child in June so it won’t be as easy with 2 kids.

Obviously we’ve both got holidays to take but not enough to cover all the holidays, they have loads lol

I’ve got quite sometime before I’m faced with this situation but I can’t help myself from worrying about it.

What do you working mum’s do? Do you just rely on family members? Is there holiday clubs they can go to? Are these expensive?

x

beaker

Jun 24, 2005
Dr Huxtables
My mum :love: she has Kam every single day i work and he's off.. the full 6week holidays the lot!
Im mega lucky lucky tho as my friends all really struggle with childcare over the hols.

Saysay

VIP Gold Member
Apr 20, 2003
Madchester
www.mixcloud.com
My daughter goes to a Holiday Club at the school, its £18 a day though but I only work two days a week so not a major expense :) ..........also my grand parents look after her from time to time :thumbsup:

tricky nicky

Sep 18, 2006
in heaven of course!!
alfie goes to nursery 5 mornings a week and my mother in law picks him up.
i work shifts at the hospital so have to rely on family help a great deal.
there is no incentive from the goverment for mums to return to work, i pay out nearly 500 a month in fees but refuse to stay at home and take money from the hard workers.