Windows AAAAARRGGHH !!!

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Ponka

Aug 27, 2005
Middleton
www.mcfc.co.uk
Right a few weeks ago i reinstalled a friends laptop with XP with a disc off a torrent site...

(Apparently all windows discs are generic its just the product key that is different)

...then tried to use the product key off the certificate off the bottom of the laptop to activate it but this didnt work for some reason.....

So in my haste i thought ill try the one off my PC which worked and everything was fine....

Or so i thought.. Cos now my PC's fuckd up so i put the windows disc in to get it to repair itself... Then it says that you "cant log on until this copy of windows has been registered" so i tried to register it on the phone but now it says its illegal cos its been installed on more than one computer....

HELP i dont know what to do now... both machines have been purchased with a legal copy of windows pre-installed but my PC is lookin fucked now....

Forgetliner

Jan 8, 2007
Bolton
From experience I would say that Bit torrent stuff can be dodgy, if it needs validating then check this website out,its my mates and you can use the Genuine advantage tool off that site but it is tweeked, just a little
KingFish Corp. this also has Media player 11 on and IE 7 in case ya need it...Hope it helps

seandelier

Dec 8, 2006
the keys are specific for whatever version of windows you are loading

ie the key for an upgrade disc for xp is different than the key for a home xp which is again different from a professional xp key etc etc

you have to have the correct key for the correct version this is probs why you could not use you laptop key to activate it