whos your fav dj and mc????

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

VinylAnimal

Jul 18, 2001
West Yorkshire
At the mo it's the man like Steh - no contest. The MC would have to be MC Keep-His-Gob-Shut (cause I fookin hate em'). They spoil my beautiful tunes !!!!!

In the past the list is endless, but that's my view today...

whatyadoinsucka

Dec 18, 2001
Up North, pint o tetley
the best dj

Hype on the one's n two's n three's
mixin n scratchin'

NO CONTEST.........

*mc verbal diarrhoea
(because they talk shit......................

*mc badlydressedboy
(no explanation required..........

here's an oldy for ya

i've got a pill in me pocket
i know i wanna drop it
when i come up
a come up like a rocket:

:weakest:

zonecrew

Sep 1, 2001
Workington
I'm not keen on MC's but if I had to choose one it would be my old mate 'Wizard MC'

As for dj's, well all of the 'usual suspects' are good, I'm not gonna pick through them to single out one, I'll sit well and truly on the fence!

:guitar:

Taff

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2001
Manchester
Carl Cox used to be my main man... and as for MC's, just read what VA says about them...:axe:
I think that MC's have had there day back in 91-92 and even then I didnt like them.. you never got them in any Manchester clubs back in 90-91...:thumbsup:

hektik

Dec 5, 2001
london
my favorite dj is bruno brooks: pure class in a glass, always did a class set, and what a name bruno, his parents must have been off their rocker 'we''ll name him after the boxer that will be famous for appearing in panto. giveou r son a dogs name lol

and my favorite MC is Mcdonalds: luvvly sausage and egg mcmuffin, and a quarter pounder wit hcheese, altho i am partial to a kfc zinger now and again!:dummy:

hektik

Dec 5, 2001
london
dont like mc's really, find them uneccessary, and a bit of a distraction really: i'm just spacing out to the tunes, and this fool starst shouting 'big up big up oi oi oi fookin have it' kinda snaps me out of it again. everytime.

I am already having it you motormouthed prick, and u shouting at me to have it is not gonna make me have it more.

and on a more serious side, my fave dj's : the liberators. i have a certain soft spot for dirty acid techno, and they hit it everytime!!:phones: :phones:

Dj Britalian

Nov 19, 2001
On the edge
My fav Dj has to be Mike Stewart who compiled the Back In Time Tapes,

He absolutley rocks:drum:

Im with a lot of others in saying Mc's are an absolute pain in the ass:crazy:

Once i was driving back from Birmingham(HTFR) and i was listening to a maximes tape, about 15miles out of Birmingham i threw it straight out of the window. There were two Mc's speaking at once, it was awful:fekked:

WAFC

Registered Member
Bollox to the best here's the worst.

MC BMW - Monroes among other places, the man couldn't even speak never mind rap.

John Jepson without the defcon - Wigan Pier 96ish - Good DJ but never turned up, can't say I blamed him. Oh and another one who's name escapes me (may have been Craig Stocks but might not have been who got booed off after 45 mins, after playing the shittest music I've ever heard.

mc Rimmy

Jan 16, 2002
salford
my fav "zone dj" at the mo is gary selex my fav "oldskool dj" is dj ectic and othe fav dj is gary hypnotic

the maximes mc:

fav mc comes close between mc smoke and mc wizard but i also like breezey cos hes the only one that lets you have ago of the mic u andy d athough not an mc more of a promoter he omes out with some good rhyms

monroes mcs: are turbo and blaze (where can i get tapes frm with these to on apart from at the club???)

Entropy92

Aug 8, 2001
Stoke
My top 3 dj's and mc's have got to be:-

Daz Willot & Candy Mc
Sasha & Mc Spence
Easygroove & Mc Jack Horner

top combinations in my opinion!:D