Who are the Pianoheadz???????

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
Aye. I think it is. Why dontchya ask the main man himself? lol

I saw a discography somewhere, like Skoffin Allsorts 'Gosh Blink' etc, but cant remeber where.

Either its Pianoman, or his identical good twin brother he keeps locked in the attic like a little indian slave boy knocking those off-hook tracks in exchange for his supper!. Its gotta be him, I think.

See ya

Sirius.

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
what, that his locked away twin working in the scouse house sweatshop is responsible? :eek:

lol.

ste huxley

Jul 17, 2001
Planet E
www.huxtableshouseparty.co.uk
lol I'll answer it fella :)

These tune makers always have alter egos and all that dont they?
Bit like, Terrorize, Archaos etc etc

Its probs so they sell more records for some reason I dont know of

Other than that its a weird reason that only James Sammon can explain
Come on Mr Sammon :p

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
There are a few reasons for pseudenyms I think:

1) You can create a genre/sound in the clubscene of your own. Ie peeps think its bigger than it it is with all these 'other' poeple making a similar sound.

2) People like to test actual reactions to thier tunes every now and again without the fear of people 'just' buying it for the sake it saying 'Pianoman' on it or whatever.

3) You can produce more varied genres of house under different names and therefore not be boxed into a particular scene. Scot Brown had million of other names cos he made house, funky house, happy hardcore, techno etc and not just hardcore on its own.

4) You can create deals with record companies. They often like you to sign a contract that ties you down to not recording material under that name for anyone else. So, if you set up as someboy else you can probably get away with still earning the spondulix remixing other records whilst raking it in from your existing name.

5) If a tune bombs, nobody needs to know its you! lol.

6) Its adds an air of mystery around the scene, who might be what, who's remix is really by who? etc etc which kinda drags/sucks people into finding out more about the stuff - like this very thread.

Im sure theres others, Im not even in the music making circle but I bet at least half of those above apply at some point. :) Or I could just be sprouting shite - one or the other! hahah

See ya

Sirius.

P

pianoman

Yer it was myself and Martin as always.

we used an alias so we could have more than one record out at the time, as sirius said, theres a bit of mystery there too for added effect.

All said tho, it was so we could have more than one record out, and make more money.

Had we say had 6 records out there with the PM brand on, the kids 90% of the time would have bought thier favorites as opposed to them all.

and we wanted em to buy them all!! so different names gives the Different artist impression.

Just for those that still support the PM brand, I have an Official Album, (Yer ALBUM) coming out on Rumour records in the next 2 months as well as remixing FPI Project, and Nomads "Devotion" for them.

cheers

James

PS, not a bald bastard anymore

[email protected]
www.solovinyl.com

ste huxley said:
lol I'll answer it fella :)

These tune makers always have alter egos and all that dont they?
Bit like, Terrorize, Archaos etc etc

Its probs so they sell more records for some reason I dont know of

Other than that its a weird reason that only James Sammon can explain
Come on Mr Sammon :p

P

pianoman

Forgot to Add....................

that the remixes are for Albums only, on Rumour. Not for full commercial release ect.

So they wont be "released" as such, Think its A greatest hits or somthing they got planned.

Didnt know how to Edit me other reply. Soz :D