Which Sound Editor

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

thelooney44

Apr 24, 2004
Aberdeenshire
Just wonderin if anyone could give us any feedback on the best and easiest :confused: sound editor to use on the PC for ripping vinyl.I'm using Audacity at the moment but sound quality at the PC end is good coming in but recorded playback is shit and don't have any ideas on how to solve it.Any help appreciated cheers.

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Sound Forge 6.0 for it's super fast editing, removal of large chunks in a nano-second, so if you've recorded a 45 min tape rip, and want to deleted the first 10 seconds of tape hiss, it's dead easy and dead quick.

Also has great EQ and other filters that help clean up tapes/vinyl.

:thumbsup:

JAZ

Jul 17, 2001
Norwich
I've tried loads of these sound editors (wavelab/Sound Forge/goldwave) & the best imo is CoolEdit pro 2.1 (now called Adobe Audition).
I've ripped loads of tapes with it as the noise reduction is very good & you can easily remove all tape noise/hiss with the built in tools, but for ripping vinyll I think most editors will do as your recording should be pretty clean from a 12".

thelooney44

Apr 24, 2004
Aberdeenshire
Sound Problem

Cheers guys for the feedback.
I've tried a couple of different programs and it's obviously not the sound editor programs thats the problem.
When I play the vinyl the sound coming through the PC speakers is as sweet as a nut but when I play back the recording from the sound editor the sound is as sweet as shit.So obvoiusly the sound getting to the PC is Grade A but play back from the PC is Grade Crap.Any ideas.
I've just newly got the HIFI connected upto the PC which is connected at the Line in and as I said the music goin in is CD qaulity.
:confused:

grad

Jul 18, 2001
milfland
stores.ebay.co.uk
thelooney44 said:
I've just newly got the HIFI connected upto the PC which is connected at the Line in and as I said the music goin in is CD qaulity.
:confused:

only thing I can think of is that you've got the software set to record your mic in and not your line in? that would give crap results..

otherwise dunno :confused:

thelooney44

Apr 24, 2004
Aberdeenshire
Sussed It!

Cheers folks for all the help but after many hours tweakin and twonkin it was all down to the input volume setting on the bloody sound editor.Thanks again though for all the info. :thumbsup: