The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

RetroAndy

Apr 4, 2002
wakefield
I have just got a new one this week.

This is my work phone

nokia-6270-2.jpg

Tis a mint phone but just a little too big. Its got the new series 40 interface so its dead easy to use.

This is my personal phone

sony-ericsson-W800i.jpeg

A few of us on ere have this one and its a very good phone. Smaller than me nokia and still packed with features. Got a 512 meg memory card to enable ya to use your phone as a walkman but i dont use it for that as i have mp3 in the car and at work.

Talking of car though i just got this kit fitted and can highly recommend it.

parrot_3100.JPG

Its a bluetooth kit for the car. Basically it copies all your numbers, call register and various other stuff to that handy little control unit. It mutes the radio when you recieve a call and the sound comes out of the cars speakers, Its also fully voice controlled so if your a lazy get like me you can tell it who you want to ring.

Deffo recommend this kit to anyone who is on the road all the time as it will deffo save you points on your license.

Andy

RetroAndy

Apr 4, 2002
wakefield
The Joker said:
what's the sony like compared to a nokia retro??

Erm well if i had the chance of the two i would deffo get the sony. I was and am still made up with the sony. If you are like me though you will play with and change numerous things on your phone when new but as soon as the novelty wears of you dont bother anymore lol.

Am struggling to get themes for the nokia and have loads for the sony. But nokia have now released a theme maker for there new phones so when i get some time i will make me own.

In summary i like both phones but if i had to choose between them i would have the sony. Am just lucky i dont have too.

Andy

fred_funk

May 9, 2003
Landaaaaaan town
I had a magic conversation with an Indian Call Centre operator on the topic of mobile phones the other day.

He cold called my home number telling me that he could save me money on my mobile. It took him a few minutes to actually begin to understand my accent but after that I had some fun. I asked him to draw up a contract that was better than my current charges. He hung up on me when he found out the following...
I've got a work mobile phone, so basically pay absolutely f**k all.

Send round the Jehovahs and I'll sort them out. By the time I've made them a cup of tea they'll be sprinting for the door.

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
I've got a Sony K750 which is the same phone as the W800 internally, but the firmware and case are different, and the earphones and memory stick are inferior.

I can't fault it in anyway, but there must be newer technology out now:)

Joker Jen

VIP Gold Member
Oct 8, 2001
Secret Location in Gotham City
fred_funk said:
I had a magic conversation with an Indian Call Centre operator on the topic of mobile phones the other day.

He cold called my home number telling me that he could save me money on my mobile. It took him a few minutes to actually begin to understand my accent but after that I had some fun. I asked him to draw up a contract that was better than my current charges. He hung up on me when he found out the following...
I've got a work mobile phone, so basically pay absolutely f**k all.

Send round the Jehovahs and I'll sort them out. By the time I've made them a cup of tea they'll be sprinting for the door.

PMSLOLOLOLOL quality :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

nics

Oct 5, 2004
im like herpes....never quite fcuk hoff!!!
ive decided fones are shite!!!

beaker will tell ya this coz ive dun nowt but peck her head about it asking about diffo fones n bla bla bla!!!

ive just got the D600 and personaly i think its shit!!

i wanted a new nokia, went looking at them but why they gotta be soooooo big!!!

i liked the N70, but its mahoooooosive, also liked another slidy nokia but it was also mahoooosive, also liked the slidy nokia from the amour range but the cover n finish was ded shit n plasticy:cry:

bigtruck

Jun 20, 2002
salford
www.c2sportsclub.co.uk
rang orange n they told me coz im on £15 everyday 50 then im limited on the phones i can upgrade to, might just change it to payg coz i not used it in 6 month coz i got a mobile throu work n hammer that all the time n e way

beaker

Jun 24, 2005
Dr Huxtables
bigtruck said:
rang orange n they told me coz im on £15 everyday 50 then im limited on the phones i can upgrade to, might just change it to payg coz i not used it in 6 month coz i got a mobile throu work n hammer that all the time n e way
What ya got now Tez ?

ruffers

VIP Silver Member
bigtruck said:

Bollocks to that pal - I'm on a 13 pound a month contract with T-Mobile and got them to cough 180 quid towards an upgrade. Motorola A780 with SatNav for me.

They originally said I could have 80 towards the upgrade, you just got to negotiate a bit.

S-J

Staff member
VIP Gold Member
lol Tez for a quick minute there I thought you was talking about "Proper Dogs!" lol I was gonna tell you to get a boxer!!! Forgive me I is blonde!!!!

Babes talking off phones I cant reply back to your text cause my battery is flatt and Chuudy has lost my charger!! I'll bell you tomoz!!

Really hope that your ok!!! Worried about you now!

S-J x :love: