Tony Ross

Jan 9, 2007
what's the best dance gig youv'e been to and why

ive got 3 and cant pick between them

Adamski

Guru Josh

Mantronix

all at the Hacienda

the reason for theese 3 is that at the time they were all underground tracks and massive Hac anthems at the time

when adamski dropped "magic piano" it tore the roof of

as did "king of the beats" from mantronix's

when guro josh dropped came on stage with his sax (not live of course) the atmosphere was just amazing

so go on then, whats yours?

Sheikh Yerbouti

Jan 4, 2008
Some**** Somewhere in Summertime
Without doubt The Orb when they played Nottingham Uni in 91.
Not exactly sure why, to be honest... combination of things I think... good drugs... good mates... it was quite a small gig really... the show was bigger than the gig if that makes sense, which just made the sound and all the effects seem that much bigger.

There was a fantastic vibe going on that night. Nobody wanted it to end. I think there were complaints or summat cos at one point the Uni nazis shut the whole thing down & were trying to get everyone to leave early. There was nearly a fucking riot and I reckon it would have kicked off bigstyle, but in the end they let the show go back on.

Just one of those brilliant brilliant nights I'll never forget :thumbsup:

leaky

Apr 11, 2006
thats a tuff question and speaking of 808 state im sure they played at a party i went too around 90 in a big top just outside glasgow, slam 2 hamilton park, i was only thinking about this party the other day as it was one of the best ive been too :thumbsup: yet ive searched and searched and cant find anything about it on the web:(

other great ones that spring to mind.

eric b & rakim @ the brighton centre 87 (ll cool j and public enemy on same bill)
big daddy kane,/roxanne shante @ rock city nottingham 88 (the whole juice crew were on, biz markie, mc shan, kool g rap & polo) but kane and shante stood out:cool:
2 for joy @ monroes gt harewood, 90/91 ish
2 many djs/soulwax @ leeds uni. about 2005
howie b, @ roundhay park leeds 93 dj'ing as support for u2
james brown @ temple newsam leeds 98
happy mondays @ wembley arena 90
fast eddie @ bttop carling acadamy liverpool 08phones:

getting carried away now :$ but if i had to pick one out of that lot i would have to go for 2 many djs/soulwax they had the place bouncing :cool:

Man Alive

Apr 30, 2004
www.lo-rain.com
thats a tuff question and speaking of 808 state im sure they played at a party i went too around 90 in a big top just outside glasgow, slam 2 hamilton park, i was only thinking about this party the other day as it was one of the best ive been too :thumbsup: yet ive searched and searched and cant find anything about it on the web:(

other great ones that spring to mind.

eric b & rakim @ the brighton centre 87 (ll cool j and public enemy on same bill)
big daddy kane,/roxanne shante @ rock city nottingham 88 (the whole juice crew were on, biz markie, mc shan, kool g rap & polo) but kane and shante stood out:cool:
2 for joy @ monroes gt harewood, 90/91 ish
2 many djs/soulwax @ leeds uni. about 2005
howie b, @ roundhay park leeds 93 dj'ing as support for u2
james brown @ temple newsam leeds 98
happy mondays @ wembley arena 90
fast eddie @ bttop carling acadamy liverpool 08phones:

getting carried away now :$ but if i had to pick one out of that lot i would have to go for 2 many djs/soulwax they had the place bouncing :cool:

I remember 808 mentioning on their show about playing a tent in Scotland and it being amazing when they played the 'Come Together' remix. :)

leaky

Apr 11, 2006
I remember 808 mentioning on their show about playing a tent in Scotland and it being amazing when they played the 'Come Together' remix. :)

cheers m8 that clears it up a bit, im gonna have to look into it further as i cant find anything on the net about it, im sure a homeboy hippie and funky dread played too, and a couple of others. but can only find a flyer for slam 3d, yet nothing about slam 2, :S

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
I can feel the braincells in my head smoking as im trying to think of this one :|

possibly new order :thumbsup:

but then again the prodigy were fuckn mint back in 91 phones:

Arghhhhhhhhh tis difficult this un :$

MANC

Apr 1, 2003
Manc
prodigy 93 and in 94 at academy and 94 at the apollo back when it was a memorable night out rather than a gig

best orbital gig ive been to was 94 at the academy i will never forget that one:cool: :fekked:

underworld 95 and chemical brothers 95 (those two may have been in 96 cant remember) underworls are unbelievable livephones: :fekked: :fekked::bounce2: :bounce2:

EBOMAN at the mcr Apollo:head:

and loads of bands played at the megadog soundsystem partys such as Aphex Twin, RSW, empirion, union jack, liquid, luke slater, eat static, plastikman, cj bolland etc etc etc loads more cant think at the moment tho:D

Sheikh Yerbouti

Jan 4, 2008
Some**** Somewhere in Summertime
Smash Hits Magazine UK Tour late 80's with Philip Schofield at The Mall in Stockton :king:

Honestly either N joi or Shades Of Rhythm at Rezerection

The one & only time I was in Stockton Mall me & my mate got a right good kicking off these pissed up local wronguns. No idea what sparked it off cos we were both blazing :fekked: :rofl:
That woulda been about 90... possibly 89... WTF were they doing putting pool tables in a club anyway :naughty:

Good shout on the Rez PA's. Was at both of them :thumbsup:

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
808 State / K-Klass / M.V.I.T.A at King Georges Hall - Blackburn 1990

Spooky/Children of The Bong/Banco De Gaia/Eat Static/Salt Tank/Egebamyasi /loads more @ various Megadog nights - Academy Manchester

Alter Ego/Sven Vath/ at Herbal Tea Party - New Ardri Hulme

CJ Bolland - Rock City Nottingham

Orbital - Apollo Manchester
:thumbsup:

SCR101.5

Apr 19, 2003
808 State / K-Klass / M.V.I.T.A at King Georges Hall - Blackburn 1990

Spooky/Children of The Bong/Banco De Gaia/Eat Static/Salt Tank/Egebamyasi /loads more @ various Megadog nights - Academy Manchester

Alter Ego/Sven Vath/ at Herbal Tea Party - New Ardri Hulme

CJ Bolland - Rock City Nottingham

Orbital - Apollo Manchester
:thumbsup:

Was gonna say either Orbital- Alexander Palace NYE 97/98 ???, or CJ Bolland- The Marcus Garvey Centre, 1995

Tony Ross

Jan 9, 2007
forgot about KLF 1990 at space when it was just a room with a red laser

didnt open till 9am

fook me that was brutal on both the body and the mind

stetheboro

Jul 21, 2001
Louisiana formerly Middlesbrough
The one & only time I was in Stockton Mall me & my mate got a right good kicking off these pissed up local wronguns. No idea what sparked it off cos we were both blazing :fekked: :rofl:
That woulda been about 90... possibly 89... WTF were they doing putting pool tables in a club anyway :naughty:

Good shout on the Rez PA's. Was at both of them :thumbsup:

Doesn't take much to get involved in a fight in Stockton kinda just have to enter the towns limits. One time I got off a
the bus and within 30 seconds I was hit in the back by a bottle.