What's going on....??

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Kate.S

Sep 14, 2007
BBC NEWS | England | Girl reports father for slap

This story is absolutely ridiculous! :confused: In a world where it seems teenagers are going off the rails and parents are either powerless to stop it or simply don't give a shit, why penalise a man who's trying to teach his daughter a bit of discipline? I don't condone violence but I mean it's not as if he battered her black and blue he only gave her a slap which by the sounds of it she deserved. If a child won't listen to reason and they're getting out of control then what's a parent supposed to do.

The poor guy sounds like a real decent bloke as he did voluntary work within the community and now he can't even do that because he's got a police caution on his record. It's disgusting really, these are the type of people that shoul dbe supported, he's obviously trying to bring his daughter up right and he's giving his time and effort to his community and look how he gets treated.

Plus I'm sorry to say it, she sounds like a little bitch!

I really feel for the guy, this sort of thing winds me up something rotten :mad:

Just wondered what you guys thoughts were?

U31

Dec 18, 2007
Kiss me brown eye
I've not read the report yet, its the next click after i post this, but the old saying goes, spare the rod spoil the child....

That said, I can only remember cracking my kids twice-
the eldest thought it funny when he burst the youngest nose in front of his friends, he got a slapped leg and sent to bed for that... normally just raising my voice let the lads know i meant business...

And when the eldest was our only nipper as a baby, about 3 year old, we were at a relatives house with no fireguard, he nearly touched the fireplace, so i slapped his hand!
I think this was more a reaction to my own shock and fear of what could have happened if he had managed to reach the flame, rather than chastisement though!

U31

Dec 18, 2007
Kiss me brown eye
Right, if that was me, that spoilt little bitch would be in a care home right now.
I would not accept that kind of behaviour in my house.

There seems to be an attitude of being untouchable and unaccountable for your actions, among kids of that age, and the liberal stance of the government over the last 15 or so years has only helped perpetuate this.
The chap was 100% right to do what he did.

Kate.S

Sep 14, 2007
Right, if that was me, that spoilt little bitch would be in a care home right now.
I would not accept that kind of behaviour in my house.

There seems to be an attitude of being untouchable and unaccountable for your actions, among kids of that age, and the liberal stance of the government over the last 15 or so years has only helped perpetuate this.
The chap was 100% right to do what he did.

:thumbsup: My sentiments exactly! :D

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
theres a line between abuse and discipline - im all for giving them a whallop!!! did me no harm! if they deserve it then theyll get a slap at no mistake!!!! should be down to the parents yeah but as i said theres a line you dont cross!! tbh i got a good old fashioned clout so i did, and i also got stopped from doing stuff and got my pocket money stopped. :$

U31

Dec 18, 2007
Kiss me brown eye
Precisely, Deb, that clearly wasnt a case of abuse, that was a concerned father at the end of his tether with a precious gobby little madam.
In my eyes good on him, but if he's never slapped her before, maybe it was long overdue and he's reaped the whirlwind?

Kate.S

Sep 14, 2007
Precisely, Deb, that clearly wasnt a case of abuse, that was a concerned father at the end of his tether with a precious gobby little madam.
In my eyes good on him, but if he's never slapped her before, maybe it was long overdue and he's reaped the whirlwind?

Yeah I agree with that, I do feel for the guy but maybe if he had come down on her a bit harder sooner it might not have ended up how it did.

lottie

Apr 24, 2006
where ever i lay my hat ( straw one )
theres a line between abuse and discipline - im all for giving them a whallop!!! did me no harm! $

well said :D
any wonder its always in the papers that kids have done this and kids have done that , maybe if you was allowed to dicipline them at home and at school then there wouldnt be half as much in the papers as there is , way back when we was kids got a wallop at school aswell or dragged out by your ear , then got another when i got home for bien a tw@t at school , yea fair enough there was still trouble with certain people at school but no where near to the extent there is now , i pity teachers these days you cant even look at a pupil the wrong way without landing in shit , as for home its you live by my rules while your under my roof ! one of mine will be a teenager next year and i have no qualms about giving him a slap if i felt he deserved it or if i thought it would make him think twice next time , i feel for that bloke i really do i would be gutted if that happend to me , its easy saying throw her in care , not that easy when its your own flesh n blood , i just hope that she realises exactly what she has put her family threw and learns by her selfish mistakes :thumbsup:

Candyman

Jan 15, 2007
GT Yarmouth
www.corruptskys.co.uk
Kidz need to learn from the start that adults make the rules and until they move out and get there own place to live they live by the rules and don't make them.

My 2 have a good understanding that they are children and they do as they are asked not as they want. It no good just slapping as thats all they will understand as they get older "to get what I want i have to slap someone" they need things explained and only after they understand what they are doing is wrong but still choose to do it anyway a warning of "Do that again and i'll slap your arse!" then if pushed carry out the deed so they know you aint full of crap.

I have found with my 2 after they got there 1st slapped arse I only need warn them and start the countdown "3... 2... 1..." I never get to 2 in my house. :p No way will my kidz grow up as little disrespectful chav thugs, they learn manners, respect for there elders and have a good understanding that adults do things children are not allowed to do and children can do things adults cant do, that's just the way it works. :D

U31

Dec 18, 2007
Kiss me brown eye
Nah mate, our Army is the best there is because the lads and lasses WANT to be there...
Could you trust that little shit to be watching her arcs and covering your back?

Nahhhhh.....:mad:

Jen.in.NC

Dec 20, 2007
Arizona
hear! hear! to that candyman.

my daughter is 11 and i popped her once, on the hands, after she continued to play with the electrical outlet (and its covers) when she was around one year old.

she was removed three times and on the 4th, i popped her hands hard enough for it to sting and she just looked at me in a state of shock for a few seconds.
i removed her from the area, and she never did it again.

i have never physically reprimanded her since. she was scared to death of time-out as a young child (haha!) and now restricting the things she enjoys works for punishment.

she is not a spoiled child by any means. i feel that she is as close to a perfect child as one can have as far as attitude and /manners go. i get very nice compliments on her from adults weekly - from close friends and new acquaintances.
i know that will likely change when she becomes a teenager, but here's to hoping she keeps her bearings about.

i was slapped/popped/spanked/whalloped as a child and turned out 'aight.

imo there is nothing wrong with it, within reason. it's just something i'm chose not to do, as i see no benefit from it. :shrug: