What would you do?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Jizzle

Dec 17, 2004
Manchester
Most of us here have swallowed that little something that makes a club experience oh so special.

What would you do when your younger brother or sister asks you to sort things out for them?

I have a 16 year old brother that, after enjoying many a smoke is ready to try something a little more exciting.

My thoughts are to educate him. Explain what is to be expected and what the potential dangers might be. Basically give him all of the information that will make sure that he is safe. Maybe even be there with him as he has his first experience.

Part of me wants to say no, stay away. Out of love and concern for my brother. But how can I be that much of a hypocrite?

What would / will you do when the question is asked of you by a younger loved one?

*alicia*

Sep 3, 2004
bak in sunny manchester
i would have to be there with them an explain to them what happens make sure there alright other wise they would just go out an do it with out ya u sayin no wont stop them just make them wanna do it coz u have an there mates have but thats just imo but i would deff be there for the first time

johns_ar

Feb 20, 2002
www.northeastclubchat.co.uk
at the end of the day you can be with him as much as you want and educate him but all it takes is one dodgy pill and he could be fucked regardless of what muppets say about people not being able to handle or being pissed up as well etc

sounds harsh but its true

E

easty

your a hypocrite if you don't sort him out and a fool if you do. Personaly i would rather be a hypocrite

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
If you're going to do pills, and educate him, get a pill testing kit so you know exactly whats in the pill(s) you'll be taking.

Make that the most important thing you/he does.

Pill testing kits can be bought online for as little as £12

Thats a well invested £12 I'd say, as it's a potentially life-saving device.

Some of todays pills are as far from pure as you could expect, and are sometimes passed off as ecstacy, when in fact they aren't and have little or no MDMA in them at all, be very wary of any blue playstation 2 pills with a stripe on the underside, as those are contain something called 'PMA' which has killed a few people in the last month or so.

In answer to your question, yes I would educate, and let him try it with you, otherwise he'll do it anyway, and you won't have any idea when, where, how or with who etc..

Be safe with them little fellas :thumbsup:

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Take it from me....he will go and do it anyway.....now personnaly i would rather know he was under my watchful eye than go out and do it with no knowledge at all....!!! :thumbsup:

i got the pep talk when i was 14 and i knew all the dangers etc....if i hadnt who knows i may well have gone ott and follow suit of the people i was knocking around with!!!! :$ :naughty:

Make sure he knows and is educated and u wont have much to worry about tbh :D :wave:

ScouseCol

Jan 21, 2005
Liverpool
www.dodgy-scouser.com
ya can't stop him if he's going to do it, you can give him all the information he needs to know if he does manage to get hold of somethin but personally i wouldn't sort him out with anything. I'd advise him not to, even if that does make you a hypocrite. if you sorted him out and something did go wrong you'd never forgive yourself and plenty of other people might well hold you responsible.

just because you or I do something doesn't make it right, but thats our choice. he's got to make his own. chances are if he's asking you to sort it out for him, he's not sure where to get that little somethin for himself, hopefully. I know if my sister asked me to get her a somethin I'd tell her to do one and give her a slap lol

it's a tough one to call, ya just gotta do what you think is right m8.

'Shabba'

Mar 3, 2003
Sniffing glue........again!
I would never do it, i won't even condone my 15 year old sister drinking let alone taking any drugs, while i was drinking at 13/14 and took pills at 16. The main reason being that looking back at those years i sincerely wish that i hadn't and i don't want her to end up the way i did, she deserves better. I don't think that makes me a hypocrite as such, i've done alot of things which i would strongly discourage my sister from doing and thats because i love her.

ScouseCol

Jan 21, 2005
Liverpool
www.dodgy-scouser.com
Shabba said:
I would never do it, i won't even condone my 15 year old sister drinking let alone taking any drugs, while i was drinking at 13/14 and took pills at 16. The main reason being that looking back at those years i sincerely wish that i hadn't and i don't want her to end up the way i did, she deserves better. I don't think that makes me a hypocrite as such, i've done alot of things which i would strongly discourage my sister from doing and thats because i love her.

I have to say shabba, i agree with that whole-heartedly. although i enjoy a bevy n other things now, they really didn't do me any favours in my younger years. I wouldn't want anyone to go through some of the things I've put myself through because of drink and drugs. sadly all you can do is give someone advice based on your own experiences and knowledge, it's down to the individual if they take it or not.

nics

Oct 5, 2004
im like herpes....never quite fcuk hoff!!!
When i was younger i never had a pep talk or anything, you just did it off yer own back kinda thing, you know the score everybodys doin it so why shouldnt i!

Dont bother with any stuff now, i dont need it, im just the same on it or off it, up for a laugh and out to enjoy meself.

I think if it was my lil sis asking me n our kid about sampling party treats i would have to be the hypocrite!! Shes got a good head on her shoulders and i dont think she would ever sample, but u never know?????

I would wana be there if she ever decide to take anything, but on the other hand i would prob go on a para watching out for her and i would prob send her under. so i rek i would want her to be around my mates if she ever decided to try.

You know what they are like, weve all been there, if somebody tells you not to try it ur gonna do it anyway!!

All you can do is educate and hope for the best but try n put em off, if you know wot i mean :confused: bit of a toughy this one!

oldskoolkidder

VIP Silver Member
Mar 15, 2002
Hebden Bridge
www.mixcloud.com
i always told myself that id never to any stuff like pills or anythink like that, but one night i was at a party n i got offerd one, i thought feck it everyone else is doin it - might aswell try it, buzzed my tits off on it, n thought it was the best feeling eva, until the morning after!

nics said:
Dont bother with any stuff now, i dont need it, im just the same on it or off it, up for a laugh and out to enjoy meself.

i think you are dead rite Nic, all i do now is drink,n all that happens nowadays wen i take a pill is that i geta shite feeling in the mornin n end up ruining my sat'days by stopin in bed all day knackerd!

but its a tough one to call - personally id say dont do it, but thats what i told myself n still went ahed n did it!

RetroAndy

Apr 4, 2002
wakefield
I have been worrying about this too. I have a young sister who is only 14 but at the mo she is hanging around with her cousin and her mates more than being at home.

I dont live with her so find it hard to keep tabs on whats she is getting up to but in the area she lives it could literally be anything.

She knows i have done stuff in the past and i am afraid of the day she turns to me and asks me if i can sort her out like your bro.

The thing is like most i would rather be a hypicrite cause if she took a pill on my say so and it turned out to be dodgy i wouldn't be able to live with myself if she came to any harm.

I just hope she decides that she doesnt want to get involved in any of that and stays well clear :)

My advice to you is try your best to talk him out of it but if he really is gonna do it then you had best be there with him.

Andy

*Mel*

Jan 9, 2005
Huddersfield / Wigan
its a tough one.

you could tell him everything that you can to try and make him safe if he choses to take them and then just leave him to it.

at the end of the day could you live with it if he fucked up and ud been with him or even worse if u sorted him.

Antz

Nov 9, 2004
Tony Towers
I'd advise him against it personally. Even though most of my mates are at it I still wouldn't encourage any of them that aren't.