What would you do?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

steveod

VIP Silver Member
Jul 21, 2007
Skem
The wifes just given me £100 to spend on vinyl for Christmas. Dont know wether to buy 4 or 5 expensive tunes or a boatload of £2-3 . I havnt bought any records for a while now and would like a load more, but Its not often i would treat meself to a £25-30 record.

siman91

Dec 28, 2002
Brisvegas
Chuck it towards a record collection from one of the local inkies. Last collection I bought was £50, contained about 800 records which when cleaned and sorted will be worth circa £3k. For some reason collections are coming up now very cheap, just have to be patient for the right one to come along.

If the above is not for you then do as Presuming Ed suggests, treat youself to a couple of realy good records as the cheap records come easily where some of the more expensive records take time to save for.

Best of luck with it either way.

S

Sam

Aug 11, 2008
My House
I'd buy a couple or few goodies off me wants list. Special then init! Can save up for a load of £2'ers :thumbsup:

have fun...

Last edited:

siman91

Dec 28, 2002
Brisvegas
Could probably buy 2000 Industrial Strength Gabba Tunes with that :thumbsup:

Nought wrong with that:S

Seriously bargains are out there. Seems early pre 88 is becoming very expensive, 90-92 hardcore/techno is expensive (mostly what the collect I bought is), 93 hardcore is stupidly expensive. Most of everything else is cheap with 94 onwards generally only fit for landfill fairly or unfairly.

S

steveod

VIP Silver Member
Jul 21, 2007
Skem
Thanks for the advice everyone just been on Discogs and found a seller with a few cheap tunes that I was after so im going to spend about thirty quid on them to cut me wantlist down a bit, then decide on a couple of the more expensive tunes this weekend.:thumbsup:

As for buying a collection Im to impatient and no good at keeping money to wait until a good collection came a long,also im a bit of a hoarder with vinyl and probably wouldnt sell any of them even though i probably wouldnt play a load of them.:$

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
What would I do? Well i'd make sure I get value for money.

No point spending £25 on a record if you can buy records you love more for less money:crazy: