What was the result of this match?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Soda Jules

Having spent a thrilling evening recently watching the big screen entertainment in Butty's pub (News at Ten followed by Question Time) we decided that the Test Card would've been more entertaining. :sleep:

If you don't remember this, there's a piccy of it below. It was a bit like the World Stareout Championships on Big Train. The BBC stopped televising this in the late 80s - they lost the TV rights to the cricket soon after too. Question is, does anyone know what the result was? It always looked to me as though it was heading for a draw.

Jules

Attachments

• Testcard.jpg
    Testcard.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 103

'Shabba'

Mar 3, 2003
Sniffing glue........again!
Didn't that girl die in some horrific way or summat, i think i remember seeing something about it somewhere, i'm sure summat happened to her!!!:crazy:

P.S my moneys on the clown to win, he looks like a bit of a hustler, i reck he's played that game many many times before:thumbsup:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Didn't Wargames teach us anything? :naughty: No.............then I guess we're all doomed!!:crazy:

Could do with one of those testscreens on tv to help calibrate the new telly:thumbsup: :D

beaker

Jun 24, 2005
Dr Huxtables
If you don't remember this, there's a piccy of it below. It was a bit like the World Stareout Championships on Big Train. The BBC stopped televising this in the late 80s - they lost the TV rights to the cricket soon after too. Question is, does anyone know what the result was? It always looked to me as though it was heading for a draw.

Jules
:eek: Jinxed me.. lol i were only talking about the stareout contest the other day and i couldn't for the life of me think which programme it was off. Nice one..:thumbsup: Big train was ace lol

The evil hypnotist was sooo funny, probably my fave character on tv ever ...bar none Muwhahaha :redneck:

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
lol, bloody thing . That clown looks really sinister too :S

and remember when the telly used to shut down at midnight or whatever time, and play the national anthem then all you'd see is a tiny dot in the middle of a black screen :D (lol @ line from The Young Ones ~ "Lets record it and watch it in the morning!" ) :rofl:

and when you could choose channel 1 , 2 or 3 and that was it :D