What was everyones favourite toy as a kid?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Buzz

Nov 7, 2005
Not far from Tesco's
Mine was little plastic army men, I had a whole biscuit tin of the little bastards and use to place them around the room in different secret positions and then have a war with invisible bullets.

b2fc_1_b.jpg

My other favourite has got to be good old marbles, another biscuit tin came in very handy also. The best marbles were those Oily ones, they seemed to be the ones that were most prone to being thieved.

MARBLES.jpg

amymars

Apr 28, 2006
Standish
I used to love and collect Sylvanian Families, Barbies, and some weird things called Keepers. Like a big LOSER my favourite pastime was dress up and play with mums make up. I used to put on her rather oversized wedding dress and play around when I was about 6/7.

ALWAYS wanted a Mr.Frosty, but my mum told me that santa doesn't bring cheap rubbish like that for Christmas.

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002

ALWAYS wanted a Mr.Frosty,

I never got one of them either! :cry:

Erm.. fave toys for me would have to be Crossbows & Catapults! :D

pic5628.jpg

Action Man helicopter, can't find a pic of the one I had but it was a right beast!

ZX Spectrum, hours of fun!

zx_spectrum.png

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
Mine was little plastic army men, I had a whole biscuit tin of the little bastards and use to place them around the room in different secret positions and then have a war with invisible bullets.

I just don't get this at all, Jonno says that this is his fave an all. They are just placky things that do nowt!

Mine was perhaps Matchbox cars, i loved inventing scenarios- turning underneath armchairs into garages that kind of thing. I also liked kites and outdoor shit.

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
I just remeberd Domino Rally, i loved that game- i had quite a few variations. A theme park one was the best.

MizzDeedz

May 6, 2006
Ooohhhh i had loads of toys that I loved ............one of my fave toy as a kid was a hobby horse than an old aunty bought for me - id ride around and pretend that it was a real horse (which i never got :cry: )

i used to nick my brothers eagle eyes action man off him as well as it was ace and he was a better boyfriend for barbie (had a cindy doll as well but for some reason all her hair fell off and she went bald! :confused: )

i had a castle greyskull which was AMAZING!! and i had a couple of transformers (optimus and bumblebee) cos they were great.

My dad also built for me a massive dolls house in the style of a tudor mansion and it was fabulous. I spent a long time decorating it and putting furniture in it........it peeed all over the barbie toy houses you can buy today, lol :rofl:

I wasnt much into having lots of girlie toys as i prefered cars but i did like my barbie dolls and teddy bears :love:

ALso had the usual table top games like Kerplunk, Downfall....... and who can forget Buckaroo and mousetrap!! lol

lottie

Apr 24, 2006
where ever i lay my hat ( straw one )

b2fc_1_b.jpg

My other favourite has got to be good old marbles, another biscuit tin came in very handy also. The best marbles were those Oily ones, they seemed to be the ones that were most prone to being thieved.

MARBLES.jpg

Mine was Kerplunk , hours of fun :D them little green placcy army men are pure evil ! ever stood on one off the little bastards with nothing on your feet , stings like a bastard i tell thee

Attachments

• kerplunk.jpg
    kerplunk.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 93

Buzz

Nov 7, 2005
Not far from Tesco's
I had the EK dragster :) chute came open n everything

also had this fella

8.14.6jaydoll_(1).JPG

feckin ell, i had both those, i totally forgot. I cant remember the crack with steve majors eye, what was that all about?

I also had action man eagle eyes with a parachute, it was brilliant lobbing him into the air and seeing him fall to earth in that bright orange shute, I then got a bit bored and then started to throw him up without the parachute, that went on for ages until he died :bj:

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
Mine was perhaps Matchbox cars, i loved inventing scenarios- turning underneath armchairs into garages that kind of thing. I also liked kites and outdoor shit.

good call, i used to LOVE my matchbox cars :king: Used to have those really horrible 70's carpet with lines / triangles on it that were just the right size to use as streets / roads for them too :thumbsup:

used to be teraing about allover the place on my bike too, inseperable; and also mad for climbing trees / making dens / home made go-karts etc.. too

Used to play with that strange old boot thing a lot too (no, not my mum before anyone says) :p the Fisher Price one or whatever it was with the people in it

Play-Doh was ace too, still love the smell of it now :love: :thumbsup:

MizzDeedz

May 6, 2006
Used to play with that strange old boot thing a lot too (no, not my mum before anyone says) :p the Fisher Price one or whatever it was with the people in it

cant rem the name now but it was something like the old lady who lived in a shoe and you had all these little people who fitted into it - a bit like a sylvanian family type thingy...........its gonna haunt me what its called now! lol but i do rem this toy though, lol

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction

lol yeah, used to get quite territorial over the old Marly collection (in its special drawstring bag) :D
Bully spotted dick, milky, erm...blah blah etc... (probably got that old lingo remembered all wrong and look like some sad old dude trying to relive her youth) lol :$
Used to be some VERY serious tournaments going on in our street, our end v t'other end of road :naughty: :starwars: lol

:love:

Last edited:

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Ker-plunk
Twister
Operation
Some mad Dracula game where you ended up with blood (red ink) teethmarks on your fingers if you lost lol :fekked:

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
cant rem the name now but it was something like the old lady who lived in a shoe and you had all these little people who fitted into it - a bit like a sylvanian family type thingy...........its gonna haunt me what its called now! lol but i do rem this toy though, lol

there was a treehouse kind of one too wasnt there? where the people lived in the trunk ? :D

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction

:thumbsup:

mine wasnt that colourful though :|

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 69