What d'ya get up to this weekend then????

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

pacman

Nov 11, 2001
Manchester
What have you all been up to then this weekend ladies and gents??

I had a normalish one, got wrecked on friday which was comical as ever.

Saturday I went for a meal and then to see 'Gangs of New York' - WARNING This film is absolutely awful. The factual content of the film is portrayed in the most uninteresting way possible and there are several flaws in the whole make up of the film. The topic is not something which can be covered in one film and therefore they would start on a particular aspect of events and then change to another aspect without even toughing the suface of the previous issue if ya know what I mean.

Anyway, its crap so dont bother.

Went to see 8 mile today, and although I aint into me Gangsta Rap stuff its really good and Eminem is top in it. My only gripe is it ends a tad abruptly but hey, it kept me interested.

Having an enforced night in now!!!!

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
Just come back in from my first ever mexican meal!. Went to that one out in the sticks near sabden...it was mi mams birthday and we all went out.

It was very good, very impressed, its not often we go out (perhaps twice a year) but it was very very spicey (to the 'frig me' proportions!) which was good :) but I was overfaced at the portions and thought I may just explode at any minute but felt really guilty leaving so much!!!. I just about feel normal again :).

Other than that, the obvious spot of record shopping and baught some prog house for a change. :cool:

I heard that Gangs of New York was excellent, but very very violent (which makes it more worth seeing to me!) aparently it took nearly 6 years to make so I would have thought it wouldve been good......

Sirius.

butty

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 15, 2001
Manchester
www.oldskoolanthems.com
lol im not going into too much detail coz i dont wanna incriminate n e 1 lol

but it involved more of myks favourite pastime than u could shake a shitty stik at 2 pro's (not for my personal use erm but i watched lol) a 4 ton a night suite in the 5 star lowry hotel in manc and then the second part of the weekend involved a hotty n half the same suite at the lowry coz a close friend of mine booked it again coz we couldnt b arsed movin n wanted to watch the match in there lol but he had to go home last night and so like the fukkin saint that he is threw me the card key to get in the room n said e r butty u can have it it may aswel b used. and so i took said hotty n half to said suite n we drank stupid amounts of vodka n tested the bed ;)

can n e 1 beat that - il eat my shorts if yas can :)

pacman

Nov 11, 2001
Manchester
sirius said:
I heard that Gangs of New York was excellent, but very very violent (which makes it more worth seeing to me!)
Sirius.

It was violent, but then again wasnt which sounds contradictory yet yo'd understand if you had seen it.

Very very dissapointing is the label i'd give it but its all about opinions at the end of the day.

There was 6 of us who went to see it, 2 liked it and the remainer hated it so in my book that says it all really.

Mexican food.....MMMMMmmmmmmmmm, NOICE!!

Biggie

May 10, 2002
Manchester
went out round Manchester on friday just the piss head places bar 38,square bar and wait for it Walkabout:$ wasn't to bad tho as it wasn't hammered busy but not to busy plus had some optional extras just to make the night go with a swing if you know what I mean:crazy: :crazy: :fekked: :crazy: :crazy:

ps sorry didn't pop into courneys butty but the lads I was out with are'nt into Oldskool

went back to a m8's after for a bit of a smoke supposedly just for an hour. Got home about 12:30 pm satutday afternoon feeling abit worse for wear:splodge:

then went out to watch the blues on sweedish sky
less said about that the better :cry: :cry: :cry:

after the match decided to stay out and drown my sorrows saturday night then tends to go a bit patchy. know I left pub And went m8's:tonksi: and somehow must have got home as I woke up in bed this morning

decided to take today easy and just chilled out at a m8's playing tony hawks 4(top game) and thats about it

pps Saw Gangs Of New York last week thought it was a pretty top film meself but each to ther own

pacman

Nov 11, 2001
Manchester
butty said:
lol im not going into too much detail coz i dont wanna incriminate n e 1 lol

but it involved more of myks favourite pastime than u could shake a shitty stik at 2 pro's (not for my personal use erm but i watched lol) a 4 ton a night suite in the 5 star lowry hotel in manc and then the second part of the weekend involved a hotty n half the same suite at the lowry coz a close friend of mine booked it again coz we couldnt b arsed movin n wanted to watch the match in there lol but he had to go home last night and so like the fukkin saint that he is threw me the card key to get in the room n said e r butty u can have it it may aswel b used. and so i took said hotty n half to said suite n we drank stupid amounts of vodka n tested the bed ;)

can n e 1 beat that - il eat my shorts if yas can :)

That sounds like a quality, 100 out of ten weekend (you lucky tw*t) lol

butty

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 15, 2001
Manchester
www.oldskoolanthems.com
Biggie said:
Just thinking That myself pacman

oh for the life of a superstar DJ:gigolo: :gigolo:

lol it aint like that like that every weekend altho i wish it was. it wudnt have happend if it werent for a mate i dont have that sorta silly money but we had a fukkin good laff. i won 15 quid coz we was doin bets n i fit meself in a tiny cupboard n won 3 fivers off people.

o n another lad who was with us paid 2 ton for a hooker n couldnt get it up coz hed had too much up his nose n ended up spendin the 2 ton on a hug lol

remember bein sat there n rj foned me n im like "ive got a topless woman next to me!!" n me mates sayin 2 her can i feel ya boob lol

spiely

Oct 5, 2001
Canada
www.lufc.com
Piano

:D :D :D

Finally got what i have dreamed of owning all my life.

Took delivery of a beautiful Heinzmann Piano :p :p :p

Still can't believe i have a proper piano in my house. I want my kids to have the oppurtunity to learn and do things that i couldn't.

The only time i saw a piano growing up was on TV. LOL

When i get old i can sit there with my slippers and pipe while they play JJ Tribute to me.

P

pianoman

ere mate,

Thats a TOP piano you got there!! Excellent sound, ok so i'm jelous!! LOL! I may have a few Synths but not a real piano!

Bah!

Best piano I ever came accross was A STIENWAY at PWL in Manchester (The church) I was well taken with it! A REAL STIENWAY!! LOL! U know I got pictures of me sat at it some place like I'm Elton John or Burt Bacharach or summat. It was just pure class, and when it was played.................... WOW!!

northern minx

Jan 10, 2003
the universe!
www.awakenUnow.com
:love: :love: my weekend was spent dancing round my flat with my new cd (aka pianoman - thank u thank thank u.... i am on my knees and indebted... i am unworthy honey!!!! lol!!!! cheers babe!!
anyhow back to the crack! i danced round my flat all weekend with the tunes on full blast (deafening my poor son!) whilst i packed the whole place in2 boxes! moving this friday! cant wait!

hope u all have a fandabidozi week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:love: xxxx

glazzy

Jan 4, 2002
nothing special:S

anyhow back to the crack! i danced round my flat all weekend with the tunes on full blast (deafening my poor son!) whilst i packed the whole place in2 boxes! moving this friday! cant wait!

good luck with y' move:D might be doin the same myself soon...hopefully!!

jayne x