what are actual lyrics to Asha - JJ Tribute?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Chumley

Aug 26, 2003
Sheffield
sirius said:
Just carry on with "Dancin, Dancin in a chain!" its easier, lol.

I'd go along with that. I actually spent years singing "Dancin dancin, been unchained"

Mind you, I thought that Londres Strutt was something to do with Fried Chicken :rolleyes:

wayne

VIP Silver Member
Mar 3, 2004
Timperley
Its really bizzarre this has been bumped- i was ripping this last night to mp3 for a party i am doing in a few weeks- i have had the viynl since release but never realised on the b side it has the space mix on which i really like as well:)

geeselad

May 25, 2007
around 95 I got a white that parksey was playing, it was called pollitics of dancing and used the same acca as asha, but seemd to use the whole of the vocal rather than just looped snippits, anyone know it?

mstoddy

Mar 23, 2006
I thought it was dancing dancing in a chain

dont know the rest

So did I but, it is actually,

Damn thing Danm thing in a chain, taken from a speech she did before a song. If you listen to Coup d'etat -How come your gone you can hear the speach and the sample taken for JJ Tribute at the start of that tune.

mstoddy

Mar 23, 2006
no mate, deffo around 95, dont think it got an actual release, and OMHO tis ace!

Its by Coup D'etat and it's called - How come your gone

this is it at discogs:-

Coup D'etat - How Come Ya Gone / Dub Disco (Vinyl) at Discogs

Sometimes it's been called 'politix of dancing' but it was actually this and it got a white label elease in 1993, very hard to get hold of a copy, Graeme Park played it at the start of an Essential Selection mix for Pete Tong on Radio one in early 1993

mstoddy

Mar 23, 2006
The speech goes:
When Everybody in the World wants the same Damn thing, when everybody in the World will need the same long thing, when I wanna cry for your love Daddy, when I wanna work for your love Daddy, when I wann try for your love Daddy, I don't understand; how come your gone Man? I don't understand how half the World is crying when the other half of the World is still crying too man, I can't get it together; I mean if you care for one day man I don't mean, say you wanna care for 365 days right, you aint got 365 days, you got 1 day, I tell you that 1 day man better be your life, because, you could say cry about the other 364 but you gonna lose that 1 day man, that's all you got, you gotta call that love man, that's what it is man, you got it today you don't want it tomorrow man, coz we don't need it, coz as a matter of fact we discover in the brain tomorrow never happens, it's all the same fuckin' day man.

Then she starts to sing. :thumbsup:

love to go back

Sep 9, 2012
jj tribute lyrics

This thread has made me smile so much so decided to make the running of it a bit longer haha, this started when a mate of mine tx me earlier & asked me 'who sings dance in the tain?' After sussing it out & giving her the real title I registered on here & I was surprised to find Butty admin so I no its a sound site! I laughed cos I've always sang 'dancin dancin never gunna change' haha, ahh well top tune I love whatever the words