were you there......

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

dj bunker

Jan 21, 2004
manchester
Talking to s.j got me thinking about old times at bowlers.
Does anyone remember a life night when all the power went off in the club?
Can't remember exact details, but It seemed to be off for about 2 hours. With only the emergency lights on and no tunes, the resident whistle posse
broke into tune and everyone danced to whistles and banging of feet
(and I'll bet there were a few who didn't even notice!! :p :fekked: :S

Maybe someone is as sad as me and can remember what the first tune was that was played when the power came back on ( I have a good idea but hey, It wouldn't be the thre first time I was wrong!!!!!)
Anyone guess?

CANO ...

VIP Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Manchestoh
ye ye ... remember that night well was top when the whistles and feet were going quite a few singing too . :mad: :mad: .. ahhh happy happy happy days ... :p :p :p :p ......!
dj bunker said:
Talking to s.j got me thinking about old times at bowlers.
Does anyone remember a life night when all the power went off in the club?
Can't remember exact details, but It seemed to be off for about 2 hours. With only the emergency lights on and no tunes, the resident whistle posse
broke into tune and everyone danced to whistles and banging of feet
(and I'll bet there were a few who didn't even notice!! :p :fekked: :S

Maybe someone is as sad as me and can remember what the first tune was that was played when the power came back on ( I have a good idea but hey, It wouldn't be the thre first time I was wrong!!!!!)
Anyone guess?

dj bunker

Jan 21, 2004
manchester
top tune!!!

If I remember it was "m.a.n.i.c." - "I'm comin hardcore"

Big shout to all the old bowlers crew from the lakes down to stoke and all in between!!!! :fekked: phones:

Miss Cola

Feb 21, 2003
Chompin on biccie's.. *beep*;)
I remember going to bowlers when the sound and lights went off, but i dont think it was a life do? Coz i went around 2000, all's i know is that 'Mark e g' was playing in the main room!

I remember being near the back of the arena and the sound went no lights on apart from the ones near the entrance bit, and everyone bolloxed queing gettin there coats coz they thought the night was ended! lol! :fekked: :fekked: Nxt thing music comes back on and every ones stompin again!! phones: :fekked:

S-J

Staff member
VIP Gold Member
:wave: Again...

Ooooh I remember it dude... I can't remember exactly when... What I can remember is it was the night that Baby D was live on stage in a big black cape with a hood on it???

It was a hell of a night... When the lights went out.. we tried to make our way up that little ramp/run way off the dance floor and three of us all banged into each other, fell on the floor and bashed our heads... It would have been funny if it hadn't of hurt so god damm much!!! LoL

I bet I know you.. cause that is where we used to dance and be all night!!!

S-J x

dj bunker

Jan 21, 2004
manchester
Youre right! I knew someone was doing a p.a. but I couldn't remember who it was! Its not something that happens all the time but I can safely say it was a night to remember.

S-J

Staff member
VIP Gold Member
dj bunker said:
Youre right! I knew someone was doing a p.a. but I couldn't remember who it was! Its not something that happens all the time but I can safely say it was a night to remember.
:thumbsup: It certainley was a night to remember... LoL

Infact if I remember correctly the power went out cause a power surge Because of the PA itself!!! LoL mad!

S-J x

Miss C

May 18, 2003
New York
I remember my one and only trip to bowlers. All the power went off 4 about 10 mins n the first tune back on after that was Autumn Days i think, in the hardcore arena.

S-J

Staff member
VIP Gold Member
:wave: Guys...

The night DJ Bunker is talking about was waaaaaaaaaaaaY back in the dayz of Pull Yer Face with Stu Allan, the ultimate Revival & Betty Swollocks and all that..

Way before The Asylum & Compulsion if I'm correct?? I think it must be about 8-7 Yrs ago.. OMG... I'm getting really old!!! LoL

But how nice it is to remember all the madness from back then LoL :D :D :D

S-J x

CANO ...

VIP Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Manchestoh
dont forget deep blue , black magic , cake pink , red devil , and the fantazia night .... happy days :p :p :p ...!
S-J said:
:wave: Guys...

The night DJ Bunker is talking about was waaaaaaaaaaaaY back in the dayz of Pull Yer Face with Stu Allan, the ultimate Revival & Betty Swollocks and all that..

Way before The Asylum & Compulsion if I'm correct?? I think it must be about 8-7 Yrs ago.. OMG... I'm getting really old!!! LoL

But how nice it is to remember all the madness from back then LoL :D :D :D

S-J x

walshy

Jul 30, 2003
In a Pineapple under the sea
Ah Fantazia :fekked: What a class night that was!!
Remember when they pulled the plug on Carl Cox at the end of the night :mad: He took the tune off the decks and winged it into the crowd yellin"Play it yerselves!!" My mate Slinger ended up goin home with that,bit of it broke off but one of the tunes was playable, can't remember what it was though.

CANO ...

VIP Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Manchestoh
think its up there wi mine too ... :thumbsup: got the tapes of this night if ya want em ??
S-J said:
:wave: Love,

You know the Fantazia night when Carl Cox and crew were there was I think one of the bestest nights of my clubbing career!! :thumbsup:

S-J x

S-J

Staff member
VIP Gold Member
walshy said:
Ah Fantazia :fekked: What a class night that was!!
Remember when they pulled the plug on Carl Cox at the end of the night :mad: He took the tune off the decks and winged it into the crowd yellin"Play it yerselves!!" My mate Slinger ended up goin home with that,bit of it broke off but one of the tunes was playable, can't remember what it was though.
Ahhhhh Mr. Walsh...

I can't remember that.. BUt I know you!! LoL You are I fear from my home town! ;) and Slinger we know as well! LoL

Hope your well? S-J x

walshy

Jul 30, 2003
In a Pineapple under the sea
S-J said:
Ahhhhh Mr. Walsh...

I can't remember that.. BUt I know you!! LoL You are I fear from my home town! ;) and Slinger we know as well! LoL

Hope your well? S-J x
:wave: SJ. I am indeed from your home town LOL. Well Hadfield AKA Royston Vasey LOLOL. I'm very well ta for asking, well as well as someone who did Bowlers for four years can be :crazy:

S-J

Staff member
VIP Gold Member
walshy said:
:wave: SJ. I am indeed from your home town LOL. Well Hadfield AKA Royston Vasey LOLOL. I'm very well ta for asking, well as well as someone who did Bowlers for four years can be :crazy:
Ha Ha Ahhhh Yeah but Mr. Walsh.. You forget that we was there doing it with Ya!! LoL and the Maximes thing an all to boot... Oh yeah without forgetting the Kinetic thing on a Friday an all!!! :fekked: :fekked:

Thought us peeps from Royston Vasey were well 'Ard!! LoL NOT!!!

Glad your doing ok matey!! Is a bit mad that you found your way on here an all hey?? :p

S-J x