We are all Fucking Dead now!

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

nupski

Nov 2, 2007
Sheffield
think i've found us a winner for series 1 ;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jigLeN2kTos]Peter Hook DJ - YouTube[/ame]

suddenly being a dj doesn't appeal so much, think i'll buy i a ukelele and learn how to play when i'm cleaning fuckin windows instead :p

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
These talent shows make a mockery out of all aspects of entertainment and I generally give them a wide berth as I don't like how they interact with the artists and I don't particularly look for the same qualities in them as they do.

I can't see how it can work without giving turntablists a platform:S

nupski

Nov 2, 2007
Sheffield
According to a statement from the joint partners, it “will capture the incredible rise of the DJ phenomena”. :eyebrow:

Disco Diva Sinitta who will take on the role of showing the Dj’s how to work the crowd and how to get that all important stage presence that’s needed to be a rock Star style Super Star DJ . “If you thought it was just about pressing a computer button your so wrong and in for the ride of your life.” :crazy:

gotta be a wind up, surely even cowell can't be that much of a **** can he? :S

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
So what are they going to do in a audition that might only last 5 mins?

Hit play on the CDJ and then spend the rest of the time punching the air and shouting "oggy oggy oggy" down the mic? :cops:

Mar 15, 2006
Carlisle
Unless they are lookin for something along the lines of [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr0psFd62hE]Mike Gray The Brits 1990 Dance Medley - YouTube[/ame]

Live megamix sort of thing .. Sure i remember this been done (possibly) live on the Brits .. Fair sure i remember some DJ, centre stage on a set of decks chuckin his records about after he'd mixed out of one into the other.

But if that's the case, with today's technology their mixes could be edited and preloaded ready to play at the push of a button, and they could jus pretend to look like they are mixin/being technical while their pre-made megamix plays.

Maybe this is gonna be a case of who can use technology the best to get the desired reaction from judges/crowd (and no doubt with the most common/commercial music to aid in that).

BOD

Staff member
VIP Silver Member
Sep 4, 2007
over there
Im all for his next concept though...............

brit.jpg

A new show were hundreds of thousands of ILLEGAL immigrants audition up and down the country for a chance to win citizenship. Each contestant must give DNA and fingerprints at the audition ( to help identify at a later date if still found here illegally or more importantly to out the sex trafficers,rapists, theives etc)

First round could be the easy PASSPORT CONTROL test you need, I.E basic grasp of the language, qualifications etc

There can only be one winner, which is acceptable once a year as the other 99,999 losers unfortunately face immediate deportation :cops:

Come on Simon, thats a program the country would actually want to watch!

Oh and before people jump all over me as this being racist, this is aimed at ILLEGAL immigrants remember :wave: