Way Out West 'Shoot'

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Fallout

Nov 29, 2004
Going through my tunes last night and I realised I have the cover - but not the tune that should be in it. Gutted.

I can remember the last time I played it, and there were a few people round at mine with tunes of their own - looks like I've got to get on the phone as this is one record I am not willing to lose.

If you've got a copy, it's the one which says 'the unofficial world cup theme tune' or something like that - do me a favour and have a listen to it. Just so you can say to yourself "Yeah, it's a belter!"

Meanwhile, I won't be listening to it, as it's lost!

Fallout

Nov 29, 2004
I've been through about 6,000 12"s so far to see if it's sneaked in with another tune, I've got about another five or six thou to go through, but I've got a funny idea this 'friend or a friend' might have 'accidentally' swiped it, as he was well into it when I played it.
If this is the case I'll have to get another one - as I doubt he'll admit to stealing it.

The search continues.

Oh, if you like Shoot - chances are you'll be into Ritmo Rivals 'Americano Slide".

If you are - then weclome to the world of good taste.

Fallout

Nov 29, 2004
You're not wrong! A massive tune in my heart and head.
The breakdown is awesome.

What was that Chris Rea tune - espresso logic or summink, it sounded like the vocal was saying 'beaker' - you know the fella of muppet labs who worked with Bunsen Hunnydew. Well, it sounded like that's what it was saying when your brain and ears were out of sync due to being battered.
That was one of your reemixes weren't it?

Fallout

Nov 29, 2004
I guess the decoded vocoding came out as Beaker in my noodle then! :D

Whatever, I like it, it's a good mix. Top work.

Wish I had your powers, rather than just being a spinna!