Warp Vinyl Repressings

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Stanton

VIP Silver Member
Feb 20, 2013
Doncaster
Just a heads up to anyone who doesn't know but Warp are re-releasing some classic bleep and bass (or IDM as I believe the young people call it) and also offering vinyl represses from the original masters. I missed a few things back in the day from the early 90s when they were putting out seminal stuff and it's very hard to find now at sensible prices. Just picked up Aphex Twin 'I Care Because You Do' from their website mail order. Get 'em while they're still hot dudes phones:

djperkins

Sep 22, 2011
Not Manchester
Pukka..nice thread Stanton...things like this pass me by and I'm gonna have to check out the back catalogue to see what i have missed or lost...1 thing though...IDM...Intelligent Dance Music (fkn hope I spelled right) ((lolol)) spelled...is that a word??? ANYWAYS...Is this a new "ism" for something we invented and cherish...made up by a spot factory that knows nothing about it?...it implies that all other dance music is not intelligent and obv listened to by cavemen who used something called analogue with headphones??? Are all genres now to be renamed for the convenience of Digitally Intelligent Collage KidS...maybe Creative Underground New Trance Style or...Pumping Italian Sample House...I'm never calling my Old School anything other than what it is...was...nor am I gonna explain it to any yutes who may not get my drift...renaming a chaps music is a liberty, it's personal man...It makes me feel like renaming Punching into Giving...and going out to be kind to these people:turn:

Stanton

VIP Silver Member
Feb 20, 2013
Doncaster
Know what you mean dude. I'd never heard the phrase before until the other day when I was hunting for what, in my old age ignorance, I've always called ambient techno (mistakenly? :confused:) and I kept coming across this IDM thing. New one on me until I Googled it. No way was it ever called that back in the day.

In fact, I seem to recall that back then there was also a backlash against the phrase Intelligent Bass, for the sort of D&B that LTJ was putting out. The other D&Bers were like - 'so our stuff makes us thick, then?'. People then started disowning the phrase and denying it had anything to do with them but I have proof in the form of a mixtape of LTJ at Doncaster Warehouse and MC Conrad several times raps the phrase 'Intelligent Bass', so he ain't getting out of that one.

I'm hoping Warp keep going with these vinyl repressings. Suppose it all depends on sales. I also need Autechre - Amber, LFO - Advance and Seefeel - Succour and these are like rocking horse as well second hand.