The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

looby

Dec 28, 2002
manchester
so who went then?
what did ya think?

personally i had a f'kin top nite!

fair enuff we didnt get the promised warehouse and old skool tunes ALL nite, but the atmosphere was f'kin buzzin:fekked:

there was SOME classics played, jus not enuff for me tho,but sayin the standard of the music was smart all nite, some proper house tunes gettin played by the likes of Derrick Carter annd dj sneak, Deep Dish were V.good aswell

f'kin top venue for a rave that:crazy: :roll: :rotate: :thumbsup:

P.s- big shout to Mr Dave Beer for droppin Candy Flip and Fools Gold amongst others- best set of the night:biggrin:

pps- a guy called gerald- big big disapointment

looby said:

pps- a guy called gerald- big big disapointment

I second that.
He started off with emotions electric then was just a beat for about half an hour with the odd bit of voodoo ray.
Sneak and Carter playing some proper class tunage.
LFO were hard as F***.
Laurent Garnier is a genius!!! but didnt see all of his set as by 6AM I was being sick on the hard shoulder of the M62:$
Other than that had a top night with Bunny, Danny, Adam, Vicki, Chris and Biggy.

Excellent venue!!! walking in and seeing the size of it just blew me away. Didnt like the drinks voucher farce though.

The fella on after Dave Beer was playing some class tunes but couldnt mix. How come these people get these jobs when everyone else in the room could have done better :axe:

Who was the special guest :axe:

Danny

Jul 22, 2002
London, UK
www.ketoloco.com
looby said:

fair enuff we didnt get the promised warehouse and old skool tunes ALL nite, but the atmosphere was f'kin buzzin:fekked:

hmmmmmm

we stayed more or less for the whole of laurent garniers set and if that wasnt old-skool i dont know what was.......

fookin awesome it was....proper acid all night with an abundance of PROPER classics thrown in for good measure. i can safely say now i will never ever see a set as perfected as that ever again......then last hour and a half had me and italian style in tears more or less.........it was like the variety of old sasha sets but far far more superior and perfected......what a dj:phones: acid house is fookin ace....aarrrrr......

orbital - belfast to ce ce rogers - someday, to dub mixes of pennies from heaven and inner city - big fun.......to 'house nation'.......

the first tune we heard when walkin in was the shaker song.....:phones: then dave beer playin the classics like shannon - let the music play etc.

what an amazin experience the warehouse party was, especially for a young kidder like me........:) laurent garnier blew my fookin head off (i'll say it again)

PS. WHAT THE HELL IS THAT SAXOPHONE TUNE HE DROPPED BEFORE ORBITAL THAT TOOK THE ROOF OFF? :p hehe

SCR101.5

Apr 19, 2003
Re: Re: warehouse

Danny said:
hmmmmmm

we stayed more or less for the whole of laurent garniers set and if that wasnt old-skool i dont know what was.......

fookin awesome it was....proper acid all night with an abundance of PROPER classics thrown in for good measure. i can safely say now i will never ever see a set as perfected as that ever again......then last hour and a half had me and italian style in tears more or less.........it was like the variety of old sasha sets but far far more superior and perfected......what a dj:phones: acid house is fookin ace....aarrrrr......

orbital - belfast to ce ce rogers - someday, to dub mixes of pennies from heaven and inner city - big fun.......to 'house nation'.......

the first tune we heard when walkin in was the shaker song.....:phones: then dave beer playin the classics like shannon - let the music play etc.

what an amazin experience the warehouse party was, especially for a young kidder like me........:) laurent garnier blew my fookin head off (i'll say it again)

PS. WHAT THE HELL IS THAT SAXOPHONE TUNE HE DROPPED BEFORE ORBITAL THAT TOOK THE ROOF OFF? :p hehe

Wasn't there myself, but Garnier often drops his own sax track 'The man with the red face', which IMO is a good as it gets- awesome producing, dancefloor devastation.

looby

Dec 28, 2002
manchester

Danny said:
hmmmmmm

yeh, fair enuff man, his set was sweet tho we left about 5 so didnt hear it all. but id prefer to have heard tunes like that all afternoon an all night, just no f'kin pleasin me i spose:crazy: :thumbsup:

Danny

Jul 22, 2002
London, UK
www.ketoloco.com

pauly p said:

Who was the special guest :axe:

quoted from the tribal gathering board.....

"THE SPECIAL GUEST WAS TONY WILSON AND PAUL SHUREY TWO PEOPLE RESPONSIBEL FOR BRINGING THIS TYPE OF CULTURE TO THE UK. PAUL DID A SPEECH AND TONY WAS MEANT TO DO ONE BEFORE A GUY CALLED GERALD CAME ONE, BUT WE COULD NOT FIND HIM FOR ONE REASON OR ANOTHER."

bunny girl

Feb 17, 2003
york-sunderland-leeds-york
i had a feeling it was gonna be tony wilson,fucking gutted didn't see him i swear to god i said to paul before we arrived that if it was new order or tony wilson,then ,well i could easily have a heartattack! they are pure genius in my eyes and certan;y peeps you would love to meet ,theres not many poeple i feel that strongly about but new order etc., they are responsible for soooooo much that went down in the north you can't imagine.

apparently the wharehouse that tribal was in is gonna be knocked down just like the bloody hacienda!!! seems some folk are determined to eradicate others history!!!

the warehouse from outside reminded me of the warehouse that one of the biggest illegal raves back in the day was at, sunrise.

looby

Dec 28, 2002
manchester
had a look on the tribal gathering board last night and theres rumours floating about that tribal might be purchasing the warehouses for another rave at new year!

dont know how much truth there is in it tho:confused:

i, for one, wouild deffo go back:thumbsup:

Danny

Jul 22, 2002
London, UK
www.ketoloco.com
looby said:
had a look on the tribal gathering board last night and theres rumours floating about that tribal might be purchasing the warehouses for another rave at new year!

dont know how much truth there is in it tho:confused:

i, for one, wouild deffo go back:thumbsup:

i'd be there without a doubt:D still cant get over what a bloody event this was:D

Mister_DJ

May 1, 2003
Location Location
bunny girl said:
i had a feeling it was gonna be tony wilson,fucking gutted didn't see him i swear to god i said to paul before we arrived that if it was new order or tony wilson,then ,well i could easily have a heartattack! they are pure genius in my eyes and certan;y peeps you would love to meet ,theres not many poeple i feel that strongly about but new order etc., they are responsible for soooooo much that went down in the north you can't imagine.

Tony Wilson was on the BBC Breakfast news the other morning as a guest on the finance/city section, which that day was coming live from Manchester. He was asked some questions about the city and culture which he answered sensibly then I LMFAO when he was asked about the decline of manufacturing in the area and he started going on about looking towards music and Mike Pickering in his house in Chorlton - 'Search for the hero inside yourself'....

There a lot of divided opinion on TW in the North West - u either love him or loath him. Personally I thinks he's great, and a great excuse to watch Granada reports to hear him whittle on every night...

Mart
:rolleyes: