Vote "None Of Them"

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

adamw

Feb 13, 2007
Disco Outcast
Did anyone hear this on the radio earlier today?

Someone suggested that you could register a protest vote in elections by having a "none of them" option on the ballot paper. It would be interesting to see what would happen if this was made available - whether the turnout would go up and the percentage vote it got!

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
It was on Brewsters Millions wasn't it ''Vote none of the above''

If that option was there i'd possibly consider voting;)

D

Deleted member 6141

never voted in my life and i dont think this would change anything.
proportional representation is the way forward. but this wont happen as it would make m.ps far more accountable to the electorate.
i reckon the "none of the above" would win

adamw

Feb 13, 2007
Disco Outcast
:eek: Emmeline Pankhurst would be spinning in her grave...
;) :p

They're probably all twats, but its our only vague chance to have a say in which twats run the show :rofl:

... which is the whole point really... not voting at all is a complete waste, but by registering "none of them" it would at least make the politicians aware of how many people think they're all useless!!!

Barrie Jay

Jul 20, 2003
Fleetwood - twinned with Royston Vasey
I remember one of my teachers suggesting this aeons ago - it makes sense then and it makes sense now.

It seems to be an option of picking the least worst of a bad bunch at times.

Why should we tolerate that.

If no suitable candidates tunred up for a job interview you wouldn`t expect the company to hire the best one just because all the rest are worse.

The reason it will never be introduced is because of the implications of `none of the above` winning.