Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

northern minx

Jan 10, 2003
the universe!
www.awakenUnow.com
think my mate has a virus..

it is only all goin wrong wen she is logged on line (off line all is sweet)

she gets a pop up as soon as she logs on and it gives a min countdown to save data before the pc shuts down

the pop up says-

this system is shutting. please save all work in progress and log off. this shutdown was initiated by NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

c:\\windows/systems32\\lass.exe terminated unexpectedly with status code - 1073741819. the system will now shut down and restart.

:thumbsup: so peeps, any ideas? wot is it? how can i fix it?

thanks much appreciated..
warmly
minxy :love:

marchwiel

May 23, 2003
Newcastle
northern minx said:
c:\\windows/systems32\\lass.exe terminated unexpectedly with status code - 1073741819. the system will now shut down and restart.
That comes up when you are infected with Sasser I think. Try to get a Sasser removal tool (these are usually small enough to fit on a CD) and load it on the computer. That should stabablise things at least. :thumbsup:

cam

Registered Member
Mar 30, 2003
In a world of my own
can you not get AVG from grisoft.com and burn it to a CD and then install it on her PC, you might also want to install Lavasoft as well.

Tell her once shes cleaned it to do a windows update as it sounds like the Sasser worm

northern minx

Jan 10, 2003
the universe!
www.awakenUnow.com
cheers for yr replies fellas

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

right so i need to download some stuff onto disk yeah.. and then wack it on her machine..

wots avg ?

where do i get the sasser remover from ?

ive got lavasoft- do i just burn it to disk?

thank u for yr assistance:wave: :) :) :) :love:

JAZ

Jul 17, 2001
Norwich
& get a firewall (a free one like Zone Alarm or Sygate Personal firewall)
also tell your friend to visit windows update once in a while then she wont get these problems (goto the tools menu in this internet window then pick the windows update option)

cam

Registered Member
Mar 30, 2003
In a world of my own
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/FxSasser.exe

click that and save it to your desktop for now or save it straight to a floppy which is quicker :)

once its on your desktop right click send too a floppy disc, its only 150kb so it will fit on a floppy,

take the disc to your mates PC and put it in the disc drive

click on my computer and then the floppy disc drive ( usually A drive )

open the removal too which is on the disc and run it on her machine,

once it has then cleared the virus, log on the internet and then click

start \ windows update \ scan for updates

then go through all the critical updates it finds and install them, that will put the patch on for the worm and prevent it coming back hun :)

cam

Registered Member
Mar 30, 2003
In a world of my own
just put the floppy in her machine and run it from there

that will get rid of the worm, then once youve got rid of it get online and download AVG free virus software from www.grisoft.com

also do a windows update that will install the patch to stop the worm getting back on again.